02-06-2005, 01:32 PM
It comes out on TUESDAY!! :)

http://media.movieweb.com/galleries/945/1653/lo/notebook_07.jpg

http://media.movieweb.com/galleries/945/1653/lo/notebook_24.jpg

http://media.movieweb.com/galleries/945/1653/lo/notebook_22.jpg

The DVD:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000683VI4.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

If you've never seen it, oh my gosh, rent it! Here's what it's about:

The movie focuses on an old man reading a story to an old woman in a nursing home. The story he reads follows two young lovers named Allie Hamilton and Noah Calhoun, who meet one evening at a carnival. But they are separated by Allie's parents who dissaprove of Noah's unwealthy family, and move Allie away. After waiting for Noah to write her for several years, Allie meets and gets engaged to a handsome young soldier named Lon. Allie, then, with her love for Noah still alive, stops by Noah's 200-year-old home that he built for her, "to see if he's okay". It is evident that they still have feelings for each other, and Allie has to choose between her first love and the man her parents approve of.

GraciesMommy
02-06-2005, 01:36 PM
One of the BESTEST movies ever! love it!
It's a tear jerker, for sure!

CountryWolf07
02-06-2005, 01:37 PM
It makes me wonder.. does a love like that exist in real life? Hmm.. It's just a wonderful movie!!

binka_nugget
02-06-2005, 01:39 PM
I've been waiting for AGES! I'm buying it the day it comes out and I'm having a sleepover to watch it cause I don't feel like crying alone. :p

sirrahbed
02-06-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by CountryWolf07
It comes out on TUESDAY!! :)

I know and can hardly wait!!! I just read the book last week and finished "The Wedding" (sequel) last night. I just LOVED the book and hope the movie is not a letdown. Oh that book was SOOOO good!!!

The movie and a dinner is our "Valentine" date:) (heart meatloaf and pink potatos):cool:

sammy101
02-06-2005, 01:45 PM
i LOVE that movie!!!!!!!!:D :D

CountryWolf07
02-06-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
I know and can hardly wait!!! I just read the book last week and finished "The Wedding" (sequel) last night. I just LOVED the book and hope the movie is not a letdown. Oh that book was SOOOO good!!!

The movie and a dinner is our "Valentine" date:) (heart meatloaf and pink potatos):cool:

It is GOOD! You'll like the movie! :)

Dogz
02-06-2005, 05:38 PM
I know! I have been counting down the days!

I have read "The Notebook" book, and it was awesome, so I am definately buying the movie.

Lexi_Lover
02-06-2005, 06:30 PM
;)Its already out here!!!!:p LOL!!!!!!!!!!

carole
02-06-2005, 06:50 PM
Yep it is out here too, have been wondering how good a movie it is, but thanks for the information, I will rent it for sure now.

CalliesMom
02-06-2005, 09:50 PM
MY FAVORITE MOVIE EVER!! I'm going to buy it the second it comes out...

manda_moo87
02-07-2005, 12:27 AM
Oooo... I haven't seen it yet but I really want to! I'll have to rent it/buy it. :)

mei
02-07-2005, 03:23 AM
I love it!!!!!!!I hope China will fetch in.:)

NoahsMommy
02-07-2005, 10:51 AM
oooooh!!! I can't wait!!!

I saw it with my parents. The movie theater was about half-full with all women. When the movie ended, everyone just sat their trying to regain control after crying so hard.

The BEST movie!!!

Logan
02-07-2005, 11:55 AM
I love his books, at least the first couple, but do you ever wonder if the movies sort of ruin the books? I don't know. The only movie I watched based on one of his books was "Message in a Bottle", and although I think Kevin Costner is terrific, I only thought that the movie was "ok". But sometimes I'm disappointed about a movie's depiction of a great book.

Nicholas Sparks was from our area. He is no longer here, I think, but he got his roots in the upstate of SC if I'm not mistaken.

Logan

RICHARD
02-07-2005, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by CountryWolf07
It makes me wonder.. does a love like that exist in real life?

Yes, it does.

Except for the rainy hug scene.

You women care too much about they time spent on your hair!;)

CountryWolf07
02-07-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Logan
I love his books, at least the first couple, but do you ever wonder if the movies sort of ruin the books? I don't know. The only movie I watched based on one of his books was "Message in a Bottle", and although I think Kevin Costner is terrific, I only thought that the movie was "ok". But sometimes I'm disappointed about a movie's depiction of a great book.

Nicholas Sparks was from our area. He is no longer here, I think, but he got his roots in the upstate of SC if I'm not mistaken.

Logan

I do wonder....

Although..

Someone told me... that Noah does not die in the book.... What's up with that.. maybe they had the author's permission to alter the ending in the movie??

lizzielou742
02-07-2005, 01:38 PM
Now you all are making me want to see this movie! If it's anything like "A Walk To Remember" I will cry my eyes out!

binka_nugget
02-07-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by lizzielou742
Now you all are making me want to see this movie! If it's anything like "A Walk To Remember" I will cry my eyes out!

A Walk to Remember was my absolute FAVORITE until this movie. This movie is 100000000x better! :D After my fourth time seeing it, I was still crying in the car and when I got home. Gosh, even the commercial I saw when I got home made me tear up. :o

I think they did a fairly good job with this one. Like A Walk to Remember, they changed the story a little bit but I thought both were brilliantly done.

CountryWolf07
02-07-2005, 02:29 PM
When I saw "A Walk to Remember"... oh my gosh.. my cousin, Nick and I were watching it... and I was getting teary eyed and I had to look away so my cousin wouldn't look at me.. ha..

Chica
02-07-2005, 02:56 PM
i DON'T KNOW IF A LOVE LIKE THAT EXISTS IN REAL LIFE. :( BUT, SOME OF US HAVE IT I AM SURE. :) I WAS UNLUCKY IN LOVE. :( I KIND OF GIVE UP ON THAT SUBJECT NOW. MY DAUGHTER IS GROWN, AND I AM CONTENT TO LIVE ALONE WITH CHICA. YEAH!!!!!:cool: SHE MAKE ME LAUGH AND WE HAVE FUN TOGETHER WALKING AROUND THE NEIGHBORHOOD OR THE PARK, GOING TO THE MALL IN HER SPECIAL DOG PURSE THAT I CARRY WITH HER IN IT!SHE SHOWS ME SO MUCH LOVE. BUT THAT MOVIE WAS EXCELLENT. ANOTHER MOVIE THAT I SAW OVER THE WEEK-END WAS "THE WEDDING DATE". ALSO ROMANTIC, WITH A HAPPY ENDING.:D

MariaM
02-07-2005, 07:02 PM
Guess I'm the odd one. :o
I read the book but didn't overly enjoy it.
I haven't seen the movie, maybe I'll like it better once I do. Usually I like the book better than the movie though.

CountryWolf07
02-08-2005, 11:40 AM
Whoo hoo! I got the DVD! :) Also some bonus songs that Wal-Mart offered with it & the offical Soundtrack! :D

sirrahbed
02-09-2005, 09:22 AM
Very aggravating:rolleyes: The movie - I thought it was barely "OK"... I guess reading the book first - and becoming so involved in it - seeing the characters in my mind and knowing all the details...I just could not relate much with the movie. Guess I am more of a book person - the movie was so far off on the important parts of the book IMO...and I did not really like either of the young actors for the parts, especially Noah - nor all the teenager/carnival scenes that seemed to take forever in the beginning. I feel like the "meat" of the book took place in the nursing home. Had I not read the book - I probably would have enjoyed the movie more:)
*Hated* the ending too. GRRRR......

The *book* is still one of the sweetest I have read in a long time:D It makes me think of my own marriage and hubby:)

jenfer
02-09-2005, 11:10 AM
i haven't watch the movie... though i was tempted to get it yesterday because so many of you say it's good. but i decide to just rent it instead.

manda_moo87
02-14-2005, 10:26 AM
I saw the movie Saturday night and LOVED it. I cried like a baby at the end...:rolleyes:

MaryJae
02-14-2005, 11:32 AM
I saw it at the movies and loved it so I bought the DVD over the weekend. It's a great movie, you'll definitely shed atleast one tear, hehe. :)

kimlovescats
02-14-2005, 12:02 PM
I had already seen it in the movie theater with my daughter Amanda .... absolutely BOO HOOed uncontrollably!!! Couldn't wait for it to come out on DVD. Hubby and I locked ourselves in our bedroom this weekend and watched it alone, late at night. We both boo hooed again. BEST MOVIE I've ever seen I believe! I think from what Deb says though, that I am glad I never read the book!;)

CountryWolf07
02-14-2005, 01:38 PM
My mom and I watched it on her birthday... which was last week, and she cried SO much! Her face was red and puffy.. and I was just teary eyed.. it's so emotional..

Now.. those who likes the movie... what was your favorite part??

Mine's:

When they are in the rain, and Allie is upset, yelling at Noah why he never wrote her and she had waited 7 years for him and it wasn't over... and Noah tells her he had written her 365 letters, and tells her it wasn't over either, and it STILL isn't over, and he just grabs her and kisses her, OH MY GOSH! That is probably the MOST romantic, emotional scene in that movie. Whew. Sexy, too. That scene blew me away. ;)

Cookiebaker
02-16-2005, 06:19 PM
I'm soooo excited! I got home from work really late tonight, and am totally wiped out. So Mark told me that I should go get a movie to watch. I was so suprised that Blockbuster had this movie in stock! I am just going to watch it right now! I've heard from so many different people that this is the best movie ever. :D

CountryWolf07
02-16-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
I'm soooo excited! I got home from work really late tonight, and am totally wiped out. So Mark told me that I should go get a movie to watch. I was so suprised that Blockbuster had this movie in stock! I am just going to watch it right now! I've heard from so many different people that this is the best movie ever. :D

You're gonna LOVE the movie! :)

DJFyrewolf36
02-16-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Very aggravating:rolleyes: The movie - I thought it was barely "OK"... I guess reading the book first - and becoming so involved in it - seeing the characters in my mind and knowing all the details...I just could not relate much with the movie. Guess I am more of a book person - the movie was so far off on the important parts of the book IMO...and I did not really like either of the young actors for the parts, especially Noah - nor all the teenager/carnival scenes that seemed to take forever in the beginning. I feel like the "meat" of the book took place in the nursing home. Had I not read the book - I probably would have enjoyed the movie more:)
*Hated* the ending too. GRRRR......

The *book* is still one of the sweetest I have read in a long time:D It makes me think of my own marriage and hubby:)

I came to this conclusion from the previews...I am really a book person too. I love to read.

I've read that book about 5 or 6 times and all this talk about it makes me want to dust it off and read it again. I found it while I was waiting in an airport. I read the back and was instantly hooked. I still have my original copy somewhere.

The Notebook has the distinction of being only the second book ever to make me cry. And I have read ALOT of books.

The other one is Where the Red Fern Grows.

nibblets
02-16-2005, 10:38 PM
I loved it! It was such a sweet and honest love story...one that I am certain everyone has dreamed of...'Just like in the movies'

Cookiebaker
02-17-2005, 06:53 AM
I *loved* it!!! i didn't sob through it (like my friend promised that I would) but still it was awesome. Emerson cuddled me the entire movie through :D I definitely would like to buy it!

It reminded me a little bit of Fried Green Tomatos, and I loooooove that movie too!

Tonya
02-17-2005, 07:58 AM
OMG! Mike and I watched it on Valentines Day. We both bawled through the whole movie. I NEVER cry for movies and it was such a tear jerker! I loved that movie!

CountryWolf07
02-17-2005, 01:51 PM
Awww!