PDA

View Full Version : Someone has to know what I'm talking about...

Tonya
02-06-2005, 11:23 AM
When I was a kid, the dentist gave me these little purple pills. I would put them in my mouth and they would dissolve. They would turn all the plaque in my mouth purple, so my teeth would be all purple. So basically, I knew I hadn't brushed my teeth good enough until all the purple was brushed away.

I've been searching like crazy for them. All the pharmacies look at me like I have a second head. My mom swears I never took such a thing.

Does anyone know what they're called or where I can get them? My son does such a lousy job brushing his teeth, I know they'd help!

Thanks!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
02-06-2005, 11:25 AM
I had those!! Those were awesome! I'll look around!

Cincy'sMom
02-06-2005, 11:27 AM
I hated those things!!! it seemed like no matter how long or hard you brushed there was still color left!!

I found them on the 'net...Disclosing tablets (http://www.homedental.com/detailpill.asp)

Tonya
02-06-2005, 11:31 AM
Thank you!

Laura's Babies
02-06-2005, 11:37 AM
I remember those......are we giving our age away?

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
02-06-2005, 11:38 AM
Well... everyone else who has had those is... err... older than me... lmao. Is something wrong there? Lol..

GraciesMommy
02-06-2005, 11:39 AM
I remember them too! I remember chewing them up on a Sunday right before going to church without asking...and had purple teeth and mom caught it just before we headed out the door!! lol

sirrahbed
02-06-2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl
Well... everyone else who has had those is... err... older than me... lmao. Is something wrong there? Lol..
LOL - I also remember then (no wonder because I am old as dirt) and wonder whay they are not still used? I think they make a great incentive to BRUSH!!

Does your dentist still use them - ILoveMyAbbyGirl? If so - GREAT!

Good idea Tonya - hope you can find them at one of the pharmacies or maybe even call your dentist??

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
02-06-2005, 11:46 AM
I'm not sure, I just remember getting a pack in like 2nd or 3rd grade, when the dentist came in to talk about our teeth... they were so cool!

petslover
02-06-2005, 12:07 PM
Hey that happened to me tooo. A dentist came in our classroom and gave them to us in the 3rd grade. I never had them other than that though lol.

Freckles
02-06-2005, 12:38 PM
When I go to the dentist for my six month checkup and cleaning, this is the hygenist's first step, gives me some of this as liquid in water. Hmmm, that's later this week!:D

Karen
02-06-2005, 12:41 PM
I remember those! ;)

QueenScoopalot
02-06-2005, 01:36 PM
I remember them too. :eek: I wonder why they aren't as popular as they were when us 'older folk' were young?:confused: They really work at teaching where to brush that's for sure. ;)

Twisterdog
02-06-2005, 02:51 PM
My sons gets those every time he visits the orthodontist or dentist. I have a whole drawer in the bathroom full of them, I swear.

Tonya
02-06-2005, 03:24 PM
Our dentist recommended them, but he didn't have any. He told us any pharmacy sold them, but I've checked everywhere. I was able to order them online though!

jenluckenbach
02-06-2005, 03:45 PM
I remember those!!!! :eek: But I always thought they were red :o

wolfsoul
02-06-2005, 04:24 PM
The dentist gave me something like that once -- only it wasn't a pill, it was a mouthwash type thing. It turned all the bacteria in my mouth purple. Amusing stuff lol.

aly
02-06-2005, 04:58 PM
Ohhh I remember those little purple pills! They were fun. Ah, good memories :D

Corinna
02-06-2005, 05:41 PM
ours were pink.

sirrahbed
02-06-2005, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
I remember those!!!! :eek: But I always thought they were red :o

I remember red too, Jen:D

catnapper
02-06-2005, 05:45 PM
Yeah, ours are red too! We got them for Heather last year when she went to the vet - he said she wasn't brushing properly (and gave me a stern lecture on a teenager not having learned properly... hey I wasn't around at the age to teach that stuff!) She had to chew them nightly for about a month before she brushed until she did it for a few days without seeing any pink! LOL The dentist gave us them, so I have no idea where they came from.

krazyaboutkatz
02-06-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
I remember those!!!! :eek: But I always thought they were red :o Mine were too.:) I just recently bought a sonic care toothbrush and it came with some of these pills but I haven't used them yet.:)

Shelteez2
02-06-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
Yeah, ours are red too! We got them for Heather last year when she went to the vet -

:confused: :eek: :confused:

LOL

catnapper
02-06-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Shelteez2
:confused: :eek: :confused:

LOL
OOPS! LOL.... Gosh the sad thing would be if I took my skin kid to the vet! I shall not admit my mistake to hubby for fear he'd make me take a break from animals! LOL..... I suppose I've been to the vet too much lately?

slleipnir
02-06-2005, 06:29 PM
I was given those by my orthadontist when I got braces. Never used them :o The ones I had were red

lovemyshiba
02-06-2005, 06:33 PM
I remember those!!!
We had red ones too!! The only time we ever had them was when the dentist came to visit our school too:)

Logan
02-07-2005, 07:42 AM
Seems like I remember that they were made by Crest, at least the ones that we used. And we chewed them up and they showed where we had missed brushing. The only time we got them was when some dental person came to school to talk about dental hygine and we got a new toothbrush, toothpaste, floss and those chewy things. That was in the dark ages!!! :o

ramanth
02-07-2005, 08:49 AM
My sisters and I used those too! Especially since we had braces and would miss spots while brushing. Our tablets were red. :)

Christiansmommy
02-07-2005, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
I remember those!!!
We had red ones too!! The only time we ever had them was when the dentist came to visit our school too:)

Ditto!!

MariaM
02-07-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Seems like I remember that they were made by Crest, at least the ones that we used. And we chewed them up and they showed where we had missed brushing. The only time we got them was when some dental person came to school to talk about dental hygine and we got a new toothbrush, toothpaste, floss and those chewy things. That was in the dark ages!!! :o

Lol that's basically the same for me.

Sirrahsim
02-08-2005, 04:30 AM
I'm only 20, but I remember seeing those when I was in elementary school. It was probably around 1993 or so, so they aren't THAT old:D I was also given some by the dental clinic here not too long ago, but I have never actually used them. I'm kind of afraid that I'll chew it up and then not be able to brush it all away:eek: :D :D I know that I have some decalcification on my incisors thanks to my braces and am terrified that the tablets will stain those spots!!

CamCamPup33
02-08-2005, 10:30 AM
When i used to go to my old dentist, she would rub this stuff on my teeth with a q-tip, i would brush and it would show up blue at the places i missed. I dont ever remember pills, but maybe im too young to know what you guys are talking about. :o :p..

luckies4me
02-08-2005, 10:51 AM
I so know what you're talking about! I loved having those LOL. I used to chew them all the time (well my mom made me =P) so I could brush my teeth and do a good job at it LOL.