PDA

View Full Version : training treats *>poll<*

Suki Wingy
02-06-2005, 01:26 AM
Which treats does your dog prefer for training?
My aunt's dog Elsa will literally jump in the air just for a small chile and lime flavoured potato chip!!!:p :D
sorry about the grape thing. Nino likes to roll them around and eventually squwish them. I'll stop with the grapes.

bckrazy
02-06-2005, 01:35 AM
I chose Authority/Biljac. Gonzo actually gets pieces of Red Barn for training :)

Hotdogs and cheese works well, but I'm disturbed by the "grape" part.. lol.. yes, grapes are a no-no for doggies. That includes raisins.

binka_nugget
02-06-2005, 02:15 AM
I use a bit of everything when we're training. I like to mix in their favorite stuff to keep them guessing. Sometimes I use hotdogs, cheese, freeze dried liver, baked liver treats, old mother hubbard treats, cheerios and if we have any suitable leftovers, they get some of that too.

wolfsoul
02-06-2005, 02:38 AM
Timber doesn't care lol. I'll usually just use her kibble, or I'll break pieces off her dog biscuits, or use cereal.

vinjashira
02-06-2005, 02:47 AM
snowy likes the soft ones, but ocassionally I use her kibbles :D

Kfamr
02-06-2005, 07:49 AM
I generally use a tennis ball while training my 9 month old, Kiara.
She LOVES tennis balls and will do anything for them. (Ask anyone who's met her on here. :p )

Simba and Nala get small pieces of kibble or soft treats.

For their photoshoots, they get small pieces of whatever meat we have in the fridge (last time it was ham) - and sometimes cheese.

DogLover9501
02-06-2005, 10:13 AM
I always use little pieces of cheese when training Jasper.

Bullboxer
02-06-2005, 10:16 AM
I use cheerios. My dog loves them.

GiantSchnauzer
02-06-2005, 10:46 AM
Whatever is available. Z loves to work. She'll work for ice cubes. ;)

Tollers-n-Dobes
02-06-2005, 12:05 PM
Tango doesn't care a whole lot for treats usually so I use her Tennis ball. She responds much quicker and has a lot more fun:)

Echo will eat anything, I sometimes jsut use kibbles, cereal or I break off pieces of a milkbone for her:)

Tia won't do anything unless I have her favourite chewy chicken treats made my milkbone lol. She doesn't like much of anything except those:p