PDA

View Full Version : cofee drinkers?

star of light
02-05-2005, 11:52 PM
well i have been drinking cofee since 2end grade so 6 years wow huh well i am addicted to cofee and i have at leat 2 cups each day min.

was wonderign how many years have you been drinking cofee and how many cups a day or how many times a week

wolf_Q
02-06-2005, 12:11 AM
I don't drink coffee........I cannot stand the taste of it....even the crap at starbucks you can get with whipped cream, caramel and all that stuff...still tastes like yucky coffee!

K9karen
02-06-2005, 12:22 AM
I'm ashamed to say..3-4 in the morning and 3-4 at night and I sleep like a log. Hate Starbucks, love Dunkin Donuts and WaWa. No flavors, just "high octane" with cream and "the pink stuff"..Sweet n Low. I'll bet that warrants a new thread on sugar! :D

binka_nugget
02-06-2005, 02:19 AM
I don't drink coffee every day (Coke feeds my caffeine addiction :p) but I drop by Starbucks a couple times a week to get a caramel macchiato.

vinjashira
02-06-2005, 02:53 AM
I have one in the morning and another one in the evening.

Vette
02-06-2005, 04:14 AM
Im no Coffee drinker,, but i used to drink Coke a lot. ive switched over to some flavored water stuff that walmart sells.. its supposed to have 0 calories,, 0 sodium 0 everything. but yet they flavor the water somehow. :confused:

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-06-2005, 07:04 AM
I never drank coffee before I got married. Maybe that is because always wanted me to drink lots of milk :confused: :rolleyes: :confused: . I was very skinny then :eek: . Not anymore though :rolleyes: :p

Now, I love a good cup of coffee in the early afternoon, around 2 pm. I got a great coffee-machine for mother's day last year (SENSEO), which makes one or 2 cups at same time. Of course, a spoonful of whipped cream on top of it makes it even better :p :p !

I must be careful though NOT to drink any coffee after 5 pm, or I cannot sleep at all!!!:(

Cookiebaker
02-06-2005, 07:21 AM
I love, love, love coffee! For our last anniversary, hubby dearest got me a coffee maker from Green Mountain Coffee Roasters like

this (http://www.greenmountaincoffee.com/prdKeurig50.aspx?DeptName=Accessories&Name=Keurig_Single_Cup_Brewer_B50) . The K cups are individual cups of coffee grounds, and make one cup of coffee, perfectly brewed. I just got a box of "Winter Classic" and that is the BEST blend! (It's a Regular coffee but just tastes mmmm so good!)

mei
02-06-2005, 07:56 AM
I have drunk coffee twice only.I love acidophilus milk very much.

Laura's Babies
02-06-2005, 08:17 AM
I am a serious coffee drinker... I am non functional in the morning until I have a POT of coffee... But thanks to my picky stomack, I probably use for the whole pot what most use per cup. In the winter months, I drink a cup or two in the afternoon too. Coffee does not keep me awake but if I drink a glass of tea, I better not need to sleep for at least 8 hours.. Thanks to my picky stomack, I can't drink soda's, juices or milk. Coffee, tea and water is all I can drink...:(

GraciesMommy
02-06-2005, 09:14 AM
I drink about 2 cups in the morning and 2 in the evening and I sleep like a baby too..doesn't affect my sleep at all.
I drink gourmet coffee...and have a brand new beautiful RED coffeemaker I bought a week ago ( I bought all new red appliances..going to go get a red mixer today!)

QueenScoopalot
02-06-2005, 09:41 AM
I drink a big cup of ice coffee in the morning, and I'm good to go for the day in most cases. I brew rocket fuel, so each cup has enough caffeine to launch me into space lol! Once in a while if I'm dragging in the afternoon, I'll have a cup mixed with Hershey's chocolate syrup! YUM! :D :p Star of Light..I'm rather astonished that you started drinking coffee at such a young age! :eek:

Cataholic
02-06-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
I don't drink coffee........I cannot stand the taste of it....even the crap at starbucks you can get with whipped cream, caramel and all that stuff...still tastes like yucky coffee!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Stop that jibberish right now young lady! Do not! I repeat, DO NOT trash the SB!!! :D :D

I drink 6 cups in the am (Starbucks, home brewed), and usually a cup in the afternoon. I figure Jonah will start drinking it once he is weaned onto the cup.

GiantSchnauzer
02-06-2005, 10:41 AM
I should own stock in Dunkin' Donuts. I HAVE to stop there every morning before work. I need my lg regular to function.

zippy-kat
02-06-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Cataholic

Stop that jibberish right now young lady! Do not! I repeat, DO NOT trash the SB!!! :D :D

Right behind ya on that one!

The only non-SB brand I ever liked was a tiramisu that was made by _?_ (I just remember the pkg - gold 'n shiny; have only been able to find it in Las Cruces).

Wouldn't say I'm addicted in the sense that I *have to have it and can't function if I don't get it* but I do enjoy 2-3 cups in the morning and 2-3 at night.

SB breakfast blend, 1/2 & 1/2, no sugar please! ;)

Cincy'sMom
02-06-2005, 11:00 AM
I enjoy coffee, but I can survive without it. I sometimes have a cup in the morning at work, and sometimes not. Our fridge is full of flavored coffee beans and we usually grind fresh on the weekends.

slick
02-06-2005, 11:13 AM
The ONLY day I drink coffee is Christmas morning with 151 proof rum in it. Other than that....I NEVER touch the stuff. I'm a big water and milk drinker.

popcornbird
02-06-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Cataholic

LOL!!! I'm with you on that too! Starbucks is the best!

I'm not addicted to coffee...can totally live without it, but boy do I 'love' it!!! I usually get coffee from Starbucks once every few days. Sometimes I will make some at home. Its a once or twice a week thing for me, but I loooove coffee...more than tea or hot chocolate or any other hot drink. It tastes sooo good. He he he.

sirrahbed
02-06-2005, 12:19 PM
I have always liked the taste of coffee!! When I was little, my mom would sometimes let me have "coffee-milk" which was mostly milk with a splash of coffee. I also liked mocha ice cream and those coffee flavored "Nips" candies. When I was in my late 20's and stationed in Germany - THAT is when I became a serious coffee drinker - loving Jacobs Kronung brand coffee which I can sometimes find here in the states. Sorry, but I don't like Starbucks coffee - it tastes bitter to me. I like the store fruity drinks and frappachino drinks though - just not ther plain coffee.

But, caffeine now bothers me at night so I limit myself to TWO big mugs in the morning. It must be high octane!! No decaf - can't stand the stuff. I am non-functional until after the first cup!! I actually wake up and coffee is all I can think of!!:D

As for flavored - NO to them in the morning. I like them now and then but more like an evening "dessert" or after dinner drink. The caffeine keeps me awake, though.

CountryWolf07
02-06-2005, 01:31 PM
LOL AMY!

Remember this pic?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/gbrooksfan07/RadhSc.jpg

I live for Starbucks, for these yummy frappachino mochas and cold/hot mochas..

christa
02-06-2005, 01:50 PM
1 cup a day is all I need (for now) and I usually only drink the flavored coffees. I can't stand it black. I can't wake up without it.

Twisterdog
02-06-2005, 02:38 PM
I don't like plain coffee ... and we don't have a Starbucks here. (Of COURSE we don't, it's Wyoming! :rolleyes: )

However, we do have a little local expresso stand called Moosey Java .... and I'm addicted. Every day, at least once a day, I'm there. I drink Chai tea, but I always get a couple of shots of espresso in it. One can never have tooooo much caffeine, right?

Uabassoon
02-06-2005, 02:46 PM
I drink a cup a day, since I work at Starbucks that's pretty much all I drink (I get a free pound a week). In fact my cupboard is overflowing with the stuff!

At work I just usually drink a tall cup with 1 splenda and some skim milk. At home I like to mix it with those packets of sugar free hot chocolate and it tastes just like a mocha, only with a lot less calories.

I also refuse to own a "coffee maker". I'm a snob and much prefer my coffee to be made using a french press. I have two at home, a small one to make my morning cup and a larger one in case I have company and need to make more than a cup at a time.

lisalee
02-06-2005, 08:27 PM
I love coffee!:D I just like mine with a little cream and a pinch of sugar, not too crazy for the flavored creamers but I do like some cinnamon occasionally sprinkled on. I have 2 cups in the morning/afternoon and 2 cups in the evening. I also LOVE Dunkin Donuts coffee! :D

zippy-kat
02-06-2005, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
... (I get a free pound a week). In fact my cupboard is overflowing with the stuff! ....

Oh! Oh! Oh! Me... me me me! Pick me! Send it my way! :p

Too much SB? Perish the thought! ;)

catnapper
02-06-2005, 08:51 PM
HATE coffe. I am a tea addict. At least a dozen cups a day. But its all I drink. Hot tea or water. Occasionally a glass of iced tea, no lemon and a little bit of sugar. Hot tea is drank black.

Uabassoon
02-06-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Oh! Oh! Oh! Me... me me me! Pick me! Send it my way! :p

Too much SB? Perish the thought! ;)

If you come to the meeting this summer I'll bring you a few lbs of Breakfast Blend.