PDA

View Full Version : Question about little boy kitties . . .

christa
02-05-2005, 05:04 PM
My husband says that he can tell a difference in the smell of Brodie's "pee biscuits" when he's cleaning the litter box. He's almost 5 months old . . . is this as sign that he will be spraying soon?

Anyone ever noticed this? I know there's a lot of other little boy kitties on the board . . . anybody?

(I wonder if this is the answer to my stinky litterbox question posted earlier)

catnapper
02-05-2005, 05:17 PM
I don't notice the smell of their pee biscuits, but I do notice the smell in poop. Allen's poop has a smell unique to himself. IT makes the litterbox smell of this slightly pungent smell. Its overwhelming.

catcrazylady
02-05-2005, 05:22 PM
I jsut suggested this very same thing in your litterbox thread. Five months old is not to old to start changing. I'm guessing that is your (Brodie) problem. I would think you still have a little more time before he starts spraying but they all have their own ideas about that. ;) :D

jazzcat
02-05-2005, 05:22 PM
Hmm, I haven't noticed but I think I have too many to notice. You're probably on to something with the smell. I bet Brodie's testosterone level is increasing. Better get him neutered quick.

prechrswife
02-05-2005, 05:24 PM
We had our two girls when we brought Samson into the household. He was already a neutered adult male when he arrived, but we definitely noticed a difference. Part of it is that he has a tendency not to bury things when he is done.

QueenScoopalot
02-05-2005, 05:56 PM
It's not a bad idea to schedule a neuter for Brodie. Spaying and neutering has come a long way in the last decade. Any cat weighing 2LBs or over can be safely altered. ;)

CalliesMom
02-06-2005, 10:39 AM
I don't notice a difference between the girls' and Whisper's bathroom habits.

sirrahbed
02-06-2005, 11:02 AM
I have never noticed any difference either, but it does make sense that Brodie may be "maturing" faster because I know that Tom cat pee stinks!!:eek:

Mine are getting neutered on Tuesday so hope this solves prevents any problems for Both of us. I notice that Robbie seems to have his equipment!:eek: My vet does not neuter before 6 months as he claims it is more risky - though I well know that many vets do. Maybe it is just more complicated so he does not do it..... Oh well - it will be done soon!!

catmandu
02-06-2005, 12:24 PM
Brodie,isabout the right age,for neutering,before he thinks,of spraying,and can still reatin,a lot,of the Kitten,that he still is.I had to have Mr Scrappy neutered,when he stated grabbing Pouncer,by the neck,and he was only six months old!

christa
02-06-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Mine are getting neutered on Tuesday so hope this solves prevents any problems for Both of us. I notice that Robbie seems to have his equipment!:eek:

Brodie's has made an appearance several times as well! :rolleyes:

I think I'm going to call this week to schedule him for surgery next week. Our vet said anytime after 5 months is a good time, and the sooner the better.