PDA

View Full Version : Ruthford wants to thank you all.

jenluckenbach
02-05-2005, 01:51 PM
For all your well wishes. He is home and is in terrific spirits.

Here he is with his cone head.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/manofmanycats/R-cone.jpg

And here he is receiving chin scritchies (more are always welcome)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/manofmanycats/ChinScritchies.jpg

I will attach the incision pictures......
His belly (from the bladder stone removal). Belly rubs also welcome.

jenluckenbach
02-05-2005, 01:52 PM
The Purrno-graphic incision, from the P.U.

jenluckenbach
02-05-2005, 01:53 PM
Now all we have to do is survive 3 weeks alone in one room with an E-collar on. :eek:

Kristl
02-05-2005, 01:53 PM
Oh, poor kitty! We hope he feels better!

sirrahbed
02-05-2005, 02:22 PM
Whew!! Surgery is OVER and Rutherford is home!!:D

For that chin: *SCRITCHES*SCRITCHES*SCRITCHES*

For the belly: Gentle rubs!! *RUB*RUB*RUB*RUB*RUB*RUB

How is that? More available whenever he needs them!!

catcrazylady
02-05-2005, 02:40 PM
Oh Rutherford you look WONDERFUL!! Your incisions look so painful (especially that purrno incision!)
I'm so glad that you are home and doing so well. Plenty of chin scritchies coming your way sweetheart. Good luck with the cone for three whole weeks! Don't worry Rutherford this will all soon be over and you will feel so good!!
Jen I bet it is a big rielief to get that precious boy home! Big kissies to Rutherford and a big {{{HUG}}} to meowmie!!

Prairie Purrs
02-05-2005, 02:59 PM
Oh, Rutherford, you sweetheart! You look so happy to be home getting chin scritchies! I hope everything heals up nicely and you don't have any more troubles.

jazzcat
02-05-2005, 03:49 PM
Oh Rutherford - OUCH! I wished I hadn't looked at that second incision picture. Poor gorgeous boy. Good luck to you all for these next three weeks.

catnapper
02-05-2005, 03:51 PM
Rutherford, so glad to see you are home! Now be good and do as mommy tells you for the next three weeks!

Here are a few very gentle tummy rubs and chin scritchies

kimlovescats
02-05-2005, 05:01 PM
Oh sweet boy!!! I am so very happy to see you back home and doing so well. Those two ouchies look very uncomfortable, but I am sure that meowmmy Jen is taking excellent care of you! Gentle rubs and scritchies sweetie pie!!!:D

jenluckenbach
02-05-2005, 06:23 PM
Rutherford wants you all to know that it doesn't hurt at all ;) And that even though he is a girl now, he is still ALL man!

He ate all his din-din And is SO happy, So like himself, SO sweet!

And he took his mes like a good boy.

And when I had the collar off so he could eat and get proper pets he did not even TRY to lick his incisions.

Love that boy!

auggie
02-05-2005, 07:38 PM
Jen, that is wonderful news. I'm glad that he is doing so well.
Is he on pain medication?
He is so adorable and such a good boy.

Kisses for Rutherford!
Get well soon, sweety!

krazyaboutkatz
02-05-2005, 10:50 PM
Jen, I'm so glad that Rutherford is now home and doing well.:D Those incisions sure look painful but they heal very quickly. I'm also glad to hear that he's eating well and taking his meds like a good boy. May the next 3 weeks pass quickly for you without any complications.:)

jenluckenbach
02-06-2005, 04:46 AM
I foresee only one problem......I don't think he can drink with that cone on....it is BIG. Since I only feed twice a day, I can take his cone off to let him eat and stay with him to make sure he doesn't lick at the incisions, but during the day when I am at work and overnight when we are asleep (2 very LONG periods of time) he may not be able to get to the water dish. We shall see, maybe he is more clever than I give him credit for.

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-06-2005, 06:37 AM
Oh Jen, I am so happy to hear that your sweetheart Rutherford is back home!! His belly looks terrible now, with all the hair shaved and the incisions; but that hair will grow back fast, and give him his dignity back ;) . He is such a sweet boy, I understand why you are so fond of him!! Give him a big gentle hug and lots of skin-scratches from Lu!!!
Hey, about that drinking problem: I have an idea! Cannot you learn him how to drink from a bottle that hangs upside down? Difficult to explain, but it looks like a drinking bottle for birds and rodents. My cats used to have that, but never used that... . It was made for cats!
Good luck:)

catmandu
02-06-2005, 12:45 PM
THREE CHEERS FOR RUTHERFORd,Our Pal,and the Found Casts,are MMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWING,For Thier AMERICAN FRIEND,that he is ALL WELL,NOW!

rg_girlca
02-06-2005, 01:48 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Rutherford is home and doing well.
Keep it up sweetie and before you know it, those 3 weeks will be over.

((((((HUGS)))))) Jen.

jenluckenbach
02-06-2005, 03:35 PM
Lut, I know what you mean about a water bottle. And maybe he could learn. He is able to drink water off of the canned food I have been giving him (thanks for the trick, Barbara ;) ) so I know he gets some twice a day, at least.
Abby's smaller E-collar was TOO small......he could reach the NO-NO areas :eek:

christa
02-06-2005, 03:47 PM
How pitiful! I could just cry!

Scritches to poor Ruthford & prayers that you get better sooner than expected! Gotta get that collar off!

Hang in there buddy! :)