PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Beauties...

Glacier
02-05-2005, 01:16 PM
The scene in my living room just a few minutes ago...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/dogs%2005/bp.jpg
That's Bandit with his back to the camera--if he doesn't look at me, I can't see him and can't make him go back outside. Pingo is looking at the camera

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/dogs%2005/sleepy.jpg
Paxil on her bed by the woodstove.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/dogs%2005/tuckered.jpg
And tucked away in the corner behind a chair, Franklin on a blankie.

I hate to disturb them, but Pingo and I are leaving in an hour to go to a skijoring race.

RobiLee
02-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Yes, sleeping beauties indeed!!! You and Pingo have fun today!!

EssTer
02-05-2005, 01:23 PM
AWWWW!! Those are just sooooo cute photos ;) Thanx for sharing :D

petslover
02-05-2005, 02:40 PM
They look very Comfy!

anna_66
02-06-2005, 07:54 AM
Oh the definately are sleeping beauties. I don't blame you for not wanting to disturb them:)

Hope you had fun yesterday!

tatsxxx11
02-06-2005, 01:06 PM
What a sight:):):) Bet it was hard to head out with all of those sleeping beauties there to hug and cuddle with:) Hugs to the whole gang. And I hope Paxil is doing well:)

Glacier
02-06-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
Hope you had fun yesterday!

We had a great time. Pingo and I won our division--the seven mile, one dog skijoring race. We got some nice prizes. Pingo got a gift bag from the local pet supply store that contained a new squeakie toy, some biscuits, a couple greenies and matching leash and collar set. She's very busy today trying to kill the squeakie toy!

Shelteez2
02-06-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Glacier
We had a great time. Pingo and I won our division--the seven mile, one dog skijoring race. We got some nice prizes. Pingo got a gift bag from the local pet supply store that contained a new squeakie toy, some biscuits, a couple greenies and matching leash and collar set. She's very busy today trying to kill the squeakie toy!

Yay! Congratulations! :)

Do you have many more races this season? Do you ever compete with any of your other dogs, or just Pingo?

Glacier
02-06-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Shelteez2
Yay! Congratulations! :)

Do you have many more races this season? Do you ever compete with any of your other dogs, or just Pingo?

Thanks. I'm registered for two more skijoring races this month. One on the 19th and one on the 25th.

Yesterday was actually the first time I've ever raced with Pingo. I usually take Raven, but she hasn't been pulling well lately. She's just bored I think! I might take her to the next one after she's had some time off. I have a couple that I'd love to take, but I'm not sure they could handle the chaos of a race start. They skijor really well around home on our nice quiet trails, but I think the noise and people at a race would freak them out too much!

There is a three dog class at most skijoring races, but I think that many dogs requires a sled!

Shelteez2
02-06-2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Glacier

There is a three dog class at most skijoring races, but I think that many dogs requires a sled!

Yeah I would think having one dog pull you would be risky enough, let alone three.....LOL

Good luck on your upcoming races. :)

How long does it generally take to do 7 miles?

Do the distances increase with the number of dogs you use?

Glacier
02-06-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Shelteez2
How long does it generally take to do 7 miles?

Do the distances increase with the number of dogs you use?

Takes between 35-50 minutes. Our time was around 42 minutes.

Depends on the race, usually the three dogs courses are bit longer. Yesterday the three dog teams went 10 miles, in about the same amount of time as the one dog teams did 7. The winning three dog team came in at right around 50 minutes.