PDA

View Full Version : -Oh, Look at that Little Red Dog!-

flamepony12
02-04-2005, 10:19 PM
reffering to Mackenzie. :rolleyes: Do people always get your dog's breed[s] confused?

Mackenzie's been called a "very beautiful collie" before. :p

I've had some people say to Zeus "what a cute chihuahua! what happened to his face?" :rolleyes: it's like, "Oh yeah, he ran into a wall last week" :rolleyes: :p

Muffin has been called a border collie before. :eek::eek:

I know that Miranda made a thread like this a while ago, but I can't find it. :p

So?...

sammy101
02-04-2005, 10:21 PM
lol a chihuahua!:D i had to laugh at that one.

One time someone asked me if Kodie had German Shepherd in him:eek: i was like what!He looks nothing like a GSD.And he's also gotten Ridgeback.
and Muffin looks nothing like a Border Collie.lol thats too funny!!!:D ;) :p

Tollers-n-Dobes
02-04-2005, 10:24 PM
Tango's always mistaken for a German Shepherd mix, I don't see it in her lol. People almost ALWAYS ask me if Tia's a Chihuahua or a Min Pin:rolleyes: Of course I tell them she's a Dachshund and they jsut give me strange looks as if I don't know what I'm talking about...lol. Sometimes people just don't know what she is at all and I tell them she's a Dachshund and then they get these blank stares, Then I say a "weiner dog" and then they get it!

I don't think she looks like a Chi or a Min Pin lol:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid156/p6db189ba852bb455474e5b5a34cb70c9/f53e5c9b.jpg

flamepony12
Originally posted by sammy101

and Muffin looks nothing like a Border Collie.lol thats too funny!!!:D ;) :p

I know. Maybe it's because of her coloring. People can be so stupid sometimes. :rolleyes:

Giselle
Whippet
Borzoi
Saluki
Giant Rat

---IT'S A GREYHOUND!!!!!!! Not a Whippet! No Whippet! Whippet=NO. Whippet? NO. NOT a Whippet. I think I've had ONE person tell me she was a Greyhound. Everybody else thinks she's a Whippet.

Everybody knows Lucky is a Peke. Pekingese are very unique. I don't think any other breed comes close to them :p. Flat faced fur balls with a curled tail and pear-shaped body. Nope, can't think of a similar breed. Well...maybe the Tibbie, but people aren't too keen on dog breeds and tibbies are rather rare.

flamepony12
02-04-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Giselle

Giant Rat

ohhh, I HAD to laugh at that one!! :D:D lol... thanks for the giggle :D

slleipnir
02-04-2005, 11:26 PM
Not really..Jo is pretty obviously a lab..and zeke..most people just say 'what breed?'

vinjashira
02-05-2005, 04:42 AM
this is the other thread started by Miranda

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66809

TrixiesMom
02-05-2005, 06:35 AM
Trixie has been mistaken for a Peke, a Pug, and a Terrier mix..

When I tell them she's a Tibbie, I get 'She doesn't look like a spaniel...'

... So I just say that although Spaniel is in her name, she in no way related to the King Cavalier, English, Cocker, or any other sort of Spaniel.

Lexi_Lover
02-05-2005, 07:19 AM
Lexi was called a beagle! She is way too small to be a beagle! Her face doesn't even have the beagle form and she DOESN'T have the saddle-back pattern either!

But, when I went to Wal-Mart, there was a lady holding a puppy, so many people went up to her asking if it was a hairless chihuahua or they would say "Oh, your poor pup, how did he lose all of his hair?" I was the first one to say, "Oh, is that a Chinese Crested?" She just looked at me in astonishment and said, "You are the first one who got who he was!" :D

shutterbug0303
02-05-2005, 10:59 AM
Venus and Chloe's breeds are always pegged....

Sahara...lol....when she was a baby, EVERYONE thought she was a Shar-pei!!!! I think our first vet even assumed...:rolleyes: All that extra skin for her to grow in to! I guess she didn't look anything like a GD when she was a baby though, so possibly understandable. Now, most people know right off that she is a GD :D

animal_rescue
02-05-2005, 11:12 AM
I've had lots of people insist that Maggie was a skinny rottweiler.

flamepony12
02-05-2005, 12:34 PM
lol, Saharah.. A shar pei... :rolleyes:
;)

petslover
02-05-2005, 08:33 PM
Everyone thinks Buster is a puppy lab!

They look at me as if I don't know my dog breed when I tell them what he really is lol!

Suki Wingy
02-05-2005, 08:39 PM
You won't believe this- I get, "So is Nino a pure breed Dalmatian or is he a little mixed?" LOL!!
:rolleyes: :eek: :D

Vette
02-05-2005, 09:27 PM
Ive had someone ask me if Kirby is a Dandy Dinmont Terrier before. :rolleyes:

Suki Wingy
02-05-2005, 09:30 PM
ooh, were they young? I bet they just read about dandies in their doggy book.
In my neighborhood there is a horribly bred "English setter" who looks like a Britanny, so I said, oh, is she a Brittany? He said in a very educational voice, "No, it is actually called an English Setter."