PDA

View Full Version : I am so mad. Why can't people just own up...

Fox-Gal
02-04-2005, 09:23 PM
to things!!

About 2 weeks ago I had a woman hit my car in the parking lot of Wal-mart, she parked her car on my front bumper and did some damage to it.

Finally after 2 weeks I get the accident report, today. :mad: :mad: It has on there that the woman stopped by the police station and told the officer that she didn't hit me, that when she parked there, there was no car in front of her. So I must have hit her!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT????

And to top it off the report has on there where he didn't see any damage to either car and that we both where parked correctly!!!!!!!!!!

The whole thing make me mad. First there was a white van in front on me when I park at Wal-mart, so she came in after me. Second, if I had hit her, Why would I call the police??! And third, I took pictures, that shows her over the yellow line, parked sideways, on my bumper, with the bumper showing where it was pulled away from the car.

I don't get why people have to lie, if you have a accident, be a adult and own up to it, you have insurance for things like that.

But to lie and turn it back on to me, is so wrong in so many ways.

Now I have to go into a fight with her and her insurance company.

You can see in this one picture where she is over the line, my bumper pulled away, by the weight of her car being on the drivers side bumper. And if she was parked so perfect, wouldn't all of her bumper be on my car? Just by how her car was touching mine, should show that she was parked crooked. Right?

My husband says we need to call the officer, that did the report and remind him about her being over the line and the bumper damage. He seem to think he will change the report. I think it's a waste of time, I can't see an officer changing it now after he already put it in.

I have to now decide if this is worth a fight or not. Don't know what I'm going to do. If I go through my insurance, I'll have to pay $200 out of my pocket and I don't think I should have to pay, for someone elses mistake.

moosmom
02-04-2005, 09:43 PM
Fox-Gal,

I know how frustrating that can be! I was driving by a guy who was opening his door while I was going by. It was late and he said not to bother filing a police report. DUH!!! I was SO dumb!! I went the very next day to file a report. HE went that night and filed a report that his door was already open as I went by, which meant that I should've seen his door open!!! :eek:

Fortunately, my Dad who was a photographer, took pictures of the damage to my car. It proved that I caught his door in the jam, which meant he was opening the door as I went by, and NOT had the door open as he claimed.

I'd fight it, girl.

catnapper
02-04-2005, 10:26 PM
I'd fight it. you have photographic evidence!

I totally understand what you mean... at Halloween, a guy jumped my kids and my oldest daughter punched him in the nose. They called the cops that night and made a report. A few days later the guy went to the police to file a report against HER for hitting him. Stupid idiot tried to pass blame and ended up in ten times more trouble instead. :rolleyes:

Laura's Babies
02-05-2005, 08:46 AM
It is just a fact of life that some people can NOT take responsiability for their own actions.... Nothing is NEVER their fault. There seem to be more and more of them these days and it was you bad luck to have one run into YOU! Usually they have parents that always make excuses and have taught them it is always someone elses fault when they screw up..

KYS
02-05-2005, 09:17 AM
They say a picture is worth a thousand words!
You were smart in having your camera with you.
I think I should start leaving a camera in my
car.

See if you can go to the police station and do
a supplemental report.
Put a copy of the picture with it.
Not sure if the officer will change the report, but it's
worth a try and at least you
will have the supplemental attached to the first
report.

I don't understand why people have to lie either.
Makes me feel bad about our society.