PDA

View Full Version : The so called 'Pit Bull Problem'

slleipnir
02-04-2005, 09:14 PM
WARNING: before veiwing

This is a flash 'movie' about Pit Bulls. It makes a lot of points and such, HOWEVER, there are some REALLY graphic photos. If you cant look at graphic pics or of injured dogs then DON'T look. Although I could hardly look at some of the pics, it just goes to show what some people can do.

This flash shows how Pits are what people think they are, it's what they are sometimes MADE to be. It ends saying how most pits are lucky enough to "not be owned be monsters" . They also have some really cute/happy pics as well.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/thepitbullproblem

Thought I'd post this, I hope I don't get flamed for posting it because of some of the pics..but I did warn..and it's not like it was taken just for this movie. It just shows real life and what these poor animals go through. It makes me so freaking mad. I wish it would stop completely.

Lexi_Lover
02-04-2005, 09:52 PM
I find it SO disgusting that people would do that to these poor animals! Ontario is now BANNED from Pit Bulls, it makes me cry and hurt! I do believe it is the PERSON who owns it that controls how the dog turns out to be!

Look at Jada, she is gorgeous! She would never hurt anybody! There are just so many things going on in the world right now, :( Some people will do ANYTHING just to get money, yet if they are got they will be paying 10 times that amount of what they made, it isn't worth it and it most DEFINETLY isn't worth the dog's health, temperment and feelings! :( :mad:

green_chameleon_girl
02-04-2005, 11:15 PM
I couldent bring myself to watching that whole video. It sickens me that I live in Ontario. Its a DOG for crying out loud IT HAS A LIFE!! why dont we just ban everyone who attacks someone, I mean, not all of them are like that. Its not the dog. They are very gorgeous creatures, and for people to be like this, mabey its a scary dog to some, but to others it a companion, not a wild untamable beast. I now that because there is lots of pit bulls near my street, and on it. They dont seem to want to hurt anyone. at all. and just the fact that people abandon them, hurt them and put them to sleep more then ususal, scares me. Just yesterday there was a front page artical about it and I know the people from school and there dog. She is the sweetest angel I have ever met, and thats were she got her name, Angel. Well im not going to get into it to much, but to sum it all up I think its just wrong:(

slleipnir
02-04-2005, 11:23 PM
I agree (the movie isn't so bad at the end. It shows pits in nice happy homes and stuff and lots of cute pics)

A lot of the points made in that are so true though. It is them who are being mauled. It's not right and it's so sickening people do that to these poor helpless creatures. Humans suck.

Giselle
02-05-2005, 12:49 AM
It's horrible. Pit Bulls are being exploited, and, yet, we still punish them. Banning breeds is utterly and completely stupid. Dog fighting WILL NOT end despite all the rules and legislations. Guess what? Dog fighters do not have empathy for animals. What makes those people think that they'll pause to think: "Gee...I didn't know pit bulls were banned. Maybe I should stop because it's morally wrong". Dog fighters have no concept of this. Banning breeds just lets dog fighting go underground. Hey, yeah, GREYT idea! I did see the video and it is very powerful. I just wish more attention would be brought to it. I'm not very up and up on BSL, but what's up with Ontario right now? Are people petitioning to get rid of the ban?

Humans suck.
Amen. (:p )

green_chameleon_girl
02-05-2005, 12:56 AM
Another thing:

I dont think that the People who want the breed banned, understand that Pitbulls are a totally different breed of creature then humans. They dont understand every word we speak. And I dont think they are giving the poor things a chance:(

misterduke
02-05-2005, 11:38 AM
Was finally able to watch the whole thing. It mentioned that Cocker Spaniels are more vicious. I believe that 100%. Here is my story in respect to that.

Last year I threw a 40th birthday party for my husband. Kids, dogs, everyone was welcomed. Duke was there, our cousin brought a mix of some sort(not too sure what breed - but just about the same size as Duke), then a friend's cocker spaniel. Well let me tell you, as soon as he arrived, we had to put him on a leash. He was going wild, bitting, and i do mean real bitting, not play bitting, the other dogs. Barking like no tomorrow and was just plain rude.

My husband got attacked by a Cocker Spaniel when he worked in farms. He always had treats for the dogs, and when he arrived at a farm where he knew they had dogs, he would have treats with hime. This one Cocker Spaniel, didn't want to know anything about my husband.

All in all, these pore animals never asked to be put through this. They are to be loved, befriended and become companions. The Pit bull I know, Kosi, is the cuttest thing I have seen, besides Duke of course.

The owners make the pets they have. You treat them right, you have a friend for life, you treat the the wrong way, you make every body else pay for stupidity.

misterduke

moosmom
02-08-2005, 09:31 AM
it's what they are sometimes MADE to be.

I know some very sweet pitbulls. I think they've gotten bad raps because of what they can represent.

ANY dog can become vicious killers if they're trained that way. But if you give them the love, respect that ANY animal deserves, you WILL, as Misterduke said, have a friend for life.

Suki Wingy
02-08-2005, 08:31 PM
STOP
BSL
punish the DEED, not the BREED!!:( :( :( :mad: :mad:

Oggyflute
02-09-2005, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Suki Wingy
STOP
BSL
punish the DEED, not the BREED!!:( :( :( :mad: :mad:

RIGHT ON!!!!

Fett
02-12-2005, 10:02 AM
From watching Animal Cops on Animal Planet, I've learned that in Detroit with the Michigan Humane Society, ANY pit bulls they find that don't have accountable owners all get automatically put to sleep, no questions asked. Because the "may" be part of a dogfighting ring somewhere.

Vette
02-12-2005, 07:16 PM
Thats such a sad video. i seen it once not to long ago. im not making the mistake of watching ti again. makes me cry just thinking about it..

as the old saying goes..

theres no bad dogs.
just retarded owners.