PDA

View Full Version : Gift Ideas!

petslover
02-04-2005, 07:50 PM
Hey ya'll!!

My mom's birthday is coming up next month and I have no clue what to get her. I am looking to spend around 20 dollars, but I lost on ideas. What do ya'll get ya'lls mom for her birthdays or for the moms what do you like to get?

Thanks for any ideas!

shutterbug0303
02-04-2005, 07:51 PM
If your mom is into this kind of stuff...pampering products from Bath and Body Works (or anywhere that sells stuff like that) can be super nice! Especially after a long, hard day! They have some great aromatherapy stuff at Bath/Body Works that smell great and can be super-relaxing! Good luck

carole
02-04-2005, 07:55 PM
my children often buy me vouchers, either movie ones, or jewellery or one at my favourite shop, or even a meal voucher, I enjoy getting those type of presents.

slleipnir
02-04-2005, 09:18 PM
Depends with my mom.

She is a bartender and waits on people all day, then cooks dinner for her and her roommate (who never cooks) so I sometimes go over and cook dinner for her (this year I wanted to suprise her so she comes home to a really nice cooked meal) then take her to a movie or something. She loves that type of thing...but that's her.

Laura's Babies
02-04-2005, 11:02 PM
My Mama was a cat lover so my sister and I started getting her stuffed Garfield's. She had Christmas ones, Easter ones, One on a crutch, a halloween one... One for everything you can think of and she got such a kick out of them and couldn't wait for the next occasion to see what the next one would be.

Her most favorite gift one year was a sweat shirt my brother had a old black and white baby picture of himself put on and had "Mom likes me best" on it... She really got a kick out of that and for Christmas the following year she had us all sweat shirts done with "Mom likes ME best" on them. That was a real hoot!

How about a coffee mug with your baby picture on it, filled with Hershey Kisses?

Aspen and Misty
02-04-2005, 11:47 PM
The coolest gift I ever got my mom was to name a star after her (yes, a star in the sky!) My mom LOVES anything that has to do with the star's or moon. So one year I bought a start and named it for her. It is named Vickie Lynn . :)

Sounds Corney: But I feel like even after my mom is gone, her spirit will live forever in that star. Think about it. After she is gone the star will watch over me, and after I'm gone the star will be there watching over my children, then my grand children, then my great grandchildren, etc.

I think it is the best gift I have ever given. However, it cost more like $54.00 I bought mine here http://www.starregistry.com/

Anyway, sorry I couldn't be more help.

Ashley

shais_mom
02-04-2005, 11:51 PM
How about a
No Tie Fleece Blanket?
They are very simple and you can make them in any pattern....

http://www.stitchingthenightaway.com/nosew.shtml

petslover
02-05-2005, 02:37 PM
Thank you all for ideas. Although, I went to the store today and bought her gift. I got her a cute black purse, a stone figurine that has a Bible Verse on it, and a Cross Keychain!

Usually I buy for people at the last minute, but here lately I always have the stuff ready in a month advance lol!

Laura's Babies
02-05-2005, 07:57 PM
Shais_mom, my sister gave me one of those fleece tie blankets with kittes on it for Christmas... I LOVE it!

shais_mom
02-05-2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
Shais_mom, my sister gave me one of those fleece tie blankets with kittes on it for Christmas... I LOVE it!
I have made several and have thoroughly enjoyed them
The Latest was one of a panel of Jesus in the Garden of Gesemthe for my parent's anniversery.

wolfsoul
02-05-2005, 11:46 PM
I always give lots of little gifts in one big package. That way you don't have to spend much but it looks like there's more stuff. For Christmas, I got my mom some lotion, some of her favourite soap, a keychain, some pictures of my brother and I, and a puzzle, and I put it all in a big bag.

Sometimes I'll give people jars of candy. I buy a big fancy jar, go to bulk, and buy chocolates, candy, dried fruit, nuts, etc.