PDA

View Full Version : Lucy, Beagle girl update... :(

Kfamr
02-04-2005, 07:34 PM
Some of you have been asking about Lucy...
http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=70471
http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/FL185/FL185.3968514-1-x.jpg
Lucy (http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3968514&adTarget=468doggeneral&SessionID=420012792f8a219c-app5&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=)

Well, yesterday Kim & Steve went and picked up Lucy. Sounds like a great ending? Well, it's not so great. :(

They found out that her skin disese would be $80 a month to treat, which they were willing to fork up the money for that.

It had said that Lucy was hit by a car, didn't like kids or other animals.. but never to the extent that they later found out after adopting her.

When they brought Lucy home she was rolling all over the carpet and scratching everwhere. Kim said that she smelled SO bad.

They let her outside, and went inside to do something, less than 5 minutes later when they went to check on her she was digging to China. Well, that's how she got hit by a car. She likes to get out! They were not imformed one bit on that.

They also found out that in her past she has had MANY owners - has bitten many children, and has killed many cats.
Her last owners had her for 2 weeks and she bit their child and killed one of their cats.

Now, Kim's daughter & grandson are coming down in 3 months or so to live. Kim said that she had no problem even trying to work with her and her issues with children within those three months - but then what if it wasn't going to work? She's 7 and already so set in her ways who knows if she was going to get along with children? There's no way Kim could keep her grandson away or live keeping Lucy left in a room while her grandson visited.

I'm not upset at Kim at all.. I am however very upset with the Humane Society. They should tell the adoptee EVERY bit of information they know of about the dog that's being adopted, good or bad.

I just hope this sweet Lucy girl finds a home.. and that Kim & Steve find their dream pup.
Kim said that she was looking around while they were there at the other pups... but they're hearts are stuck on Beagles.

I'm very upset about the whole situation. I feel very bad that we introduced Lucy to Kim & Steve although they both said that they thank us for it. I feel so bad for Kim especially after she went out and bought a bunch of things for Lucy's arrival. :(

binka_nugget
02-04-2005, 07:45 PM
:( Sorry it ended up like that. I know what you mean.. we were really upset when we discovered Kaedyn's issues. Even to this day, I have to be extremely careful when I take him for walks.

I hope they find their perfect match, and Lucy finds her's.

KYS
02-04-2005, 08:10 PM
I am sorry to hear this too.

I agree that all information should be disclosed so
the adoptees are prepared and Lucy will find
a perfect match for her.

4 Dog Mother
02-04-2005, 08:50 PM
I am very surprised that they would adopt a biter out especially without telling the adopters. That seems a little unethical. And dangerous in this day and age of people suing people over everything. I would be very upset with the Humane Society, very!

Kfamr
02-04-2005, 09:06 PM
I've been very upset over it. I've been trying to pull myself together to e-mail the H.S.

LabradorLover
02-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Thats dissapointing, she looks like such a sweet heart in the picture. I can't believe the Humane Society didn't tell you about her problems. I hope she can find a home, she is getting older and she has those problems :(

bckrazy
02-04-2005, 09:32 PM
:( I feel so bad for Kim and her family! It sounds like they are really trying, I would be very peeved at the HS too :mad:!

I can't believe they didn't tell anyone about her past. I think they usually mean well, but thats horrible. hearing this and other stories makes me very scared of adopting from shelters... with my little bro :(

*LabLoverKEB*
02-05-2005, 09:52 AM
Kay, this is just awful! I am soo sorry to hear, this, also. Shame on the Humane Society. I really hope this little girl finds her forever home. I also hope that Kim and steve find they dream doggy!:) So sorry to hear about this, though, Kay.:(

chocolatepuppy
02-05-2005, 10:05 AM
Thats so sad.:( I feel bad for your friends and for Lucy. It's not your fault tough Kay, the Humane Society should have told the truth!