PDA

View Full Version : Our sweet Rascal, one year today

AlleyCat
02-04-2005, 10:48 AM
Our sweet Rascal, how your mommy and daddy miss you! It's one year today since you gained your wings and went to play at the Rainbow Bridge. We feel terrible that your kidneys stopped working - that just wasn't fair to you, was it? You were still so young. But we know you're keeping 'lil big sister Nikki company, who came to play with you just 4 months after you went to the Rainbow Bridge. Rascal, this is one of mommy and daddy's favorite baby photos of you, and also the poem mommy wrote for you the night you left us:

http://chrisandreabeard.com/PTimages/rascal-baby.jpg

Our sweet girl, the first to grace our lives together.
All those days basking in your window,
all those evenings in your blanket.
Sneaking outside when you thought mommy wasn't looking,
we just wanted to keep you safe.
The little denim cube you so loved to play with,
it's still here being watched by your guardian angel.
Mommy's pillow you hogged every night,
yet mommy didn't mind because it meant you were close.
At Daddy's side on the couch you sat every day,
you even left a little dent to remember you by.

You are very sadly missed by your mommy & daddy.

http://catoftheday.com/archive/2004/October/17.html

Killearn Kitties
02-04-2005, 11:14 AM
What a fun girl you were, Rascal, and so full of personality! I'll bet your mummy and daddy still miss you. Your little kitten picture is beautiful!

Rest in peace sweet girl.

AlleyCat
02-04-2005, 10:04 PM
Thank you, I do miss her very much, more than words can say.

slick
02-04-2005, 10:13 PM
Oh my gosh, work was so busy today that I didn't get a chance to lurk much. I totally missed this.

I must say that my heart just about jumped out of my chest because when I read the name Rascal, I though of Gini's Rascal.

This is a beautiful tribute and such a heartfelt poem. I've got tears running down my cheeks. Rascal, you are very much loved and missed by your Mommy and Daddy. Please continue to watch over them as you have during this past year and enjoy your eternal life at the RB.

Mom, that picture of her with the pumpkins in COTD is priceless. How fortunate you were to have her in your life.

{{{HUGS}}}

luvofallhorses
02-05-2005, 01:44 AM
I am so sorry hun(((((hugs))))) rip sweet baby girl your mommy loves you always.

catmandu
02-05-2005, 08:18 AM
Rascal,misses you,as well,althougnh she is a member,in good satnding,with the Pet talkers Angel army,and is now vacactioning,with hem,in Montgomery Alabamba!And you will meet again,after she has scouted,some excellent places,where you can dine,together.

AlleyCat
02-05-2005, 11:30 PM
Thank you all for your kind words. She truly was a precious furkid.

ramanth
02-07-2005, 10:23 AM
What a lovely tribute.