PDA

View Full Version : Zam was a NAWTEE girl!

ramanth
02-04-2005, 10:37 AM
Thursday's are laundry day. I do my laundry at my parents house and since my dad doesn't get home from work until 10:30 p.m., I don't end up leaving until Midnight or 1 a.m.

Zam has been a door darter lately. She never has gone far. Either just sitting in the stairwell or down to the first floor to nibble some grass until I corrall her back to the door.

So I get home at 1:30 a.m., my hands full of bags and a heavy laundry basket, and on cue, Zam zips out. I head inside, set everything down and go back out to get Zam.

Zam is gone. :eek: :confused: :mad:

I call out for her, listening for her meow or the jingle of her bell. Nothing.

I circle my building, check the parking lot, check the building next door. Nothing.

I circle the building again, calling for her but my voice starts cracking. :(

I check inside the apartment again, just in case. No Zam.

It's now 2 a.m. and I'm trying hard not to panic. :rolleyes:

I decide to try out by the woods where she used to live and call and call for her. No reply or sign of her.

At 2:10, feeling defeated, I head back to my building, but decide to try the building next door one last time.

As I round the corner, there's Zam, looking smug by the stairs.

:eek: :mad: :rolleyes:

I grabbed her and squeezed her so tightly that she began to protest. ;) :D

I didn't get a lick of sleep last night. I woke up practically every hour and sure enough Zam was there at my feet, sleeping peacefully.

*sighs*

What, Me? NAWTEE?! No way. :rolleyes:
http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/zamcat/zamfeb4.jpg

sirrahbed
02-04-2005, 10:40 AM
awwww Kimmy - how scary for you!!:eek: Zam does not look like a Naw-Tee girl but these kitties sure can fool us!!! Glad she is safe:)

Edwina's Secretary
02-04-2005, 10:43 AM
Zam!!!! Have you been talking to Eddie again....ways to exercise momma's heart through increased pounding...?????

Cinder & Smoke
02-04-2005, 10:50 AM
:eek:

NAW-Tee Kat!! :(

How's about...

A Bigger Bell?

One of those "Key Finders" on her collar?
They are a two-piece "system" - the *Beeper* recieves a
signal from the Transmitter and *BEEPS* to enable you to find your
misplaced key ring. Substitute KAT collar for key ring. ;)

And now they make lil Blinking Lights to hang on
pet collars - motion activated. :rolleyes:

Sorry bout the No-Sleep problem;
but GLAD she was found in somewhat short order!

CalliesMom
02-04-2005, 10:50 AM
LOL Sara! Ramanth, I'm so sorry Zam had to be nawtee that early in the morning. **sigh** I swear one day we really will have a heart attack from all the grief we get from our cats.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-04-2005, 10:59 AM
How scary! Naw-tee, naw-tee Zam! You shouldn't be scaring your meowmie like that!

Kimmy, I'm so glad you found her! I know what you mean about being so happy to find her you squeeze her to pieces, but are mad at her at the same time.

Killearn Kitties
02-04-2005, 11:04 AM
Zam! What were you thinking?! Very glad you are safe and sound.

jazzcat
02-04-2005, 11:33 AM
Shame on you Zam, you don't how you gave your meowmie a scare.

I hate when that happens, really gets the blood pressure up.

Glad she's back in safe and sound.

QueenScoopalot
02-04-2005, 12:05 PM
Scary when they act up like that! :eek: I'm glad you found her, and she's safely inside. Have you tried associating the door area with a squirt ( done discreetly so she doesn't think it's you) from a water bottle? It works well for kitties that hate water, which is most of them. Don't say anything to Zam when she bolts for the door...just give her a brief squirt each time. Works like a charm. :D

ramanth
02-04-2005, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the moral support. She sure got my heart going and I think I have more gray hairs. :rolleyes:

QSA: I can keep her away pretty well when I'm leaving the apartment... it's getting back in that's tricky. The second the door is opened, even if it's just a crack, she's out. I can stomp my feet, yell, block with my feet and legs, grab at her, and she still gets away. :mad:

She's a wily thing. ;)

I like Phred's beeper idea. *laughs*

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-04-2005, 12:26 PM
Oh Zam, that was NOT a very nice thing to do, scaring your meowmie like that :eek: . I am glad you found her so soon!!

catlover4ever
02-04-2005, 12:29 PM
Oh Zam, You are not supposed to scare your meowmie like that.....but with a face like yours who could stay upset for long.

Cinder & Smoke
02-04-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by ramanth

I like Phred's beeper idea. *laughs*

*laughs*
:confused:

She thinks I'm kiddin! ...

"Sonic" Key Finder (http://www.sightconnection.com/sonickeyfinder.html)

And buy a police whistle if you can't "whistle on demand".

:p

ramanth
02-04-2005, 12:46 PM
No no! I didn't think you were kidding! I really do like the idea. It just sounds silly if you think about it, even though it would work. :D

Barbara
02-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Zam that wasn't fair! Stealing your meowmie's sleep!

lizbud
02-04-2005, 06:56 PM
Zam, a little "outtie" like that goes a long way sweetie.:eek:
Please don't do that to momma again.:D I only have one kitty
who is a 'darter', that's Joey, the youngest. He was in pretty sad
shape when I found him. You would think he had learned, but no.

moosmom
02-04-2005, 07:36 PM
Oh Zam, you naw-tee girl! I think your meowmie needs to get you a Yak bell!!! :p

Kim,

My heart stopped when I started reading your post. Cats can be so damn smug, can't they? I'm just glad she came back.

To Mama Zam from her boy LilEli:

Hi Mama!

I'm glad you cided to go back inna house. It's too cold out there in the wild. Member last time wif me and Logan? Pweeze stay inside. I don't need no popsicle mama!

I wuv and miss you lots!! Give da brat Logan a smak for me, will ya??

Love,

Your LilEli

oxoxoxoxoxoxo

kimlovescats
02-04-2005, 11:30 PM
What a scare!!! Kimmy, you might have to start locking her in the bathroom or somewhere whenever you leave ... that way the excitement of you coming back in the door won't allow her to make her famous quick exit!;)

shais_mom
02-04-2005, 11:41 PM
I wonder if her and Kloe are emailing each other? :(
Course Kloe doesn't go that far....
ZAM do NOT scare mommy that way!! Bad kitty!

{hugs to momma}

rosethecopycat
02-04-2005, 11:53 PM
Swiss cow bell.

catcrazylady
02-05-2005, 06:41 AM
BAD....BAD ZAM! That was not nice to scare meowmie like that!
You know, I always wanted to take my door dashers to the shelter and carry them around and show them just how darn lucky they are! Too bad that wouldn't do any good.:rolleyes:

Bad bad kitties! I guess thats what makes us love em. ;) :D

smokey the elder
02-05-2005, 07:03 AM
Nah, I don't think the "scared straight" shtick works for cats.

Zam, you nawtee girl! Have you and Bosun been emailing each other??

Logan
02-05-2005, 07:15 AM
Oh my!! Another NAWTEE kitty!!!! :) What is it about Thursday nights??? :eek:

stacwase
02-05-2005, 08:17 AM
I like the beeper idea too - I tried it with Miss Kate, but she was just too little at the time. The one I get was too heavy for her!

That beeper going off all the time while she's outside might also make her not want to be outside so much!

catmandu
02-05-2005, 08:22 AM
Maybe Zam,thought that you were taking her,for granted,and wanted you,to miss her,but that can ,be a dangerous way,to get attention.

ramanth
02-05-2005, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the comments. :D

Zam is my drama queen. ;) :rolleyes: