PDA

View Full Version : I thought I was seeing things! Georgie was....

QueenScoopalot
02-04-2005, 09:19 AM
Balancing himself on his front legs, and walking! :eek: :eek: :eek: Poor baby has been having such an awful time recovering from that surgery, that I have very mixed feelings about subjecting him to it in the first place. :( His hind legs are no longer locked in that tight position, but they tend to move in uncomfortable directions now. :( Poor baby boy is still getting Torbutrol when he needs it...but I don't want to have to keep him on pain pills constantly either. :rolleyes: I just wish the pain would subside. :(

catmandu
02-04-2005, 09:22 AM
Cats,are tougher,tahn we think,and maybe Georgies spirit,was getting him,to tery,and walk! God Bless You,and Georgie!

catnapper
02-04-2005, 09:30 AM
It really hasn't been long since the surgery. Give him more time for his muscles to acclimate to being used.

ramanth
02-04-2005, 09:50 AM
*hugs* to Georgie.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-04-2005, 10:00 AM
:eek: :eek:

That's wonderful news!!!

I think he is experiencing a normal recuperation period after major surgery. Any major surgery requires at least 6 weeks, and then usuall months and months of physical therapy. It's been 5 years now since my parents' car accident, and they're still recovering and "should" be in rehab (except my dad is a cranky old man when it comes to certain things. :rolleyes: ) So I think little Georgie is doing fantastic! He has to learn how to use those muscles that he wasn't able to use before, and the muscles need to get stronger.

I think before you know it he'll be off the pain meds and tearing up the house like no tomorrow! :D

Way to go, Georgie!!!

catlover4ever
02-04-2005, 10:25 AM
Hugs to Georgie boy....he is such a trooper.

sirrahbed
02-04-2005, 10:28 AM
Please get well soon sweet Georgie!! I hope you do not have any pain and will show your rescue angel, Jan just how strong you are, and how thankful to her that you are!!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/smilies/bear-hearts.gif

jazzcat
02-04-2005, 11:01 AM
Poor Georgie. I hate that he is still in so much pain but I think T&P's Mom is right, it's probably normal. I just remember how much pain my Dad had with his rehab after kneee replacement surgery about 6 years ago. It was three - four very long months. I know it's different surgery but along the same lines.

QueenScoopalot
02-04-2005, 11:41 AM
I guess I should be more optomistic about his recovery, but it hurts me to see him in pain. :( We all know cats by nature are stoic creatures, but when this little guy hurts, he lets everyone know it! Between his lashing out at others crossing his path, and the occasional attacks on his own un-cooperative hind legs, I just don't know how to take it. :confused: I've been milking his pain meds for when he really seems to need them, but I hope he acclimates to his condition soon. He seemed so happy and pain free when I first took him in, and to see him upset is upsetting to say the least. :( He can outrace me when it comes to getting around! :eek: Luckily he's very tiny for his age (close to six months) and just so long as he doesn't become obese, I think in the longrun he'll adapt. I want him comfortable now though *sigh* :rolleyes: :(

Prairie Purrs
02-04-2005, 12:50 PM
Thata boy, Georgie! I know it's hard to see him hurting right now, but I'm sure the pain will subside and he'll have more mobility than he did with those legs locked together.

CalliesMom
02-04-2005, 02:46 PM
I hope Georgie starts to feel better! It is very hard when they are hurting and there is nothing that we can do to help them. Just know that you chose what you thought was best for him and have provided him a wonderful home. <HUGS> to both you and Georgie.

Laura's Babies
02-04-2005, 02:58 PM
Awe, my heart breaks to hear he is still in pain... I am just going to have to pray harder and longer for him!! I sure hope he gets some sort of relief soon and makes some improvement so all this would not have been for nothing.. I know it is breaking your heart.. it breaks mine!

catfamily
02-17-2005, 02:23 PM
I'm sorry I've been so out of touch with everything since my health problems.Just wanted to know how Georgie is doing now Jan.I'm sorry I forgot to ask you about him before.

Laura's Babies
02-17-2005, 03:27 PM
It is about time for a update.....:D

QueenScoopalot
02-17-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
It is about time for a update.....:D
My sweet little boy is feeling better, and his legs have pretty much reverted back to the way they were before he was operated on. I still have some Torbutrol on hand for those days he's feeling sore, and man those things work wonders! I have some cute new pictures, but the Photobucket editing (resizing) doesn't work right! But then I'm technologically challenged anyway :rolleyes:

Shady
02-17-2005, 04:36 PM
Oh I'm so glad.

I could resize them for you, if you'd like..you could email them.

Tess

[email protected]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/qpdoll/Smilies/smileycat1.gif

rg_girlca
02-17-2005, 08:38 PM
I'm glad to hear sweet Georgie is feeling better. I hope and pray that he won't have to endure pain too much longer.

Give that sweet baby a kiss for me please Jan.:)

Laura's Babies
02-17-2005, 08:49 PM
Photobucket has been acting screwy with mine too when I try to resize.. It showed my new siggy as smaill, the numbers were exact but when I posted it on here, it was HUDGE.... Been doing that to me for about a week now..

kaoK'okung
02-17-2005, 08:55 PM
it is hard to see Georgie in pain,( i feel for ya), but i have faith that Georgie will be ok and continue to fill your heart with joy...you go georgie!!!!....

QueenScoopalot
02-17-2005, 09:05 PM
Kao....Georgie is doing so much better now..new post of him. ;) P.S. I'd love to meet your kitties! And WELCOME to Pettalk! :D Jan