PDA

View Full Version : have a question

hootchlid
02-04-2005, 05:41 AM
Tom,our orange fuzzer/comfort kitty seems to like getting into the petroleum jelly.I am wondering if this is bad for him to digest/eat? He sneaks up when sees my wife using it or finds the container its in and spends hours opening it up.
any one know?

Dave

catmandu
02-04-2005, 08:47 AM
I wish,that I knew,for sure,I would contact,a Vet,and ask,and keep it out,of his reach,although,I know,how tough,that that can be,with a Cat.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-04-2005, 09:16 AM
A little bit now and then isn't bad for them. Some people even use petroleum jelly for hairballs instead of the hairball remedy you can buy. However, like anything, I would think if he ate too much of it at once it might upset his tummy. Sneaking up on your wife and stealing a few licks wouldn't hurt him, but you might want to put the container in a cupboard or medicine cabinet that he can't get into. I'm almost positive if he ate the whole container in one sitting you might have problems.

Welcome to PT! I see you're tuxie kitty - what's his/her name? But I don't see any orange fuzzy/comfort kitty.....;) :D

emily_the_spoiled
02-04-2005, 09:29 AM
If you are ever worried about something he got into, the ASPCA website has information on what is dangerous and they even have a 1-800 number.

Welcome

slick
02-04-2005, 09:49 AM
Well, he certainly won't have a hairball problem then....LOL
Sorry, don't mean to make light of the subject but most hairball remedies that you buy contain petroleum jelly. In fact I have a Persian and when he starts gagging I do shove a bit of vaseline down this throat and voila...all gone.

Like T & P says, I would definitely store it somewhere where Tom can't get at it.

Yes, please give us some more pictures. Welcome to Pet Talk but be careful...it can become very addictive.

BTW, name is Vickie but I prefer to be called Slick. I live in BC Canada and am owned by two kitties.

hootchlid
02-04-2005, 11:27 AM
thats hank and polly will link to my website soon as i can get it built back up,switched hosts and Domains.
those are bro and sis's from same litter

sirrahbed
02-04-2005, 11:56 AM
I will look forward to seeing your babies - I see on your profile that you have six:) I am partial to orangies myself but of course love them all!!

hootchlid
02-04-2005, 02:26 PM
if i can get a pic of all of them can someone make me a sig?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-04-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by hootchlid
if i can get a pic of all of them can someone make me a sig?

There are a ton of people out there that make siggys. If no one answers you from this post, go to the "General" section (not Cat General, just General) and put out a request. I'm sure you'll get at least one response. ;)