PDA

View Full Version : Abyssinians :D

flamepony12
02-03-2005, 09:46 PM
Hi everyone here on the cat side- ;)

I've heard some good things about abies and I just wanted to know if anyone here has them or knows anything about them. ;)

Here is a picture of one, for those of you who don't know what they look like... I think they're really pretty, in a sleek kind of way, they kind of look like an Egyptian cat. :D
http://catzinc.org.nz/profiles/abyssinian/photo2.jpg

If anyone knows anything, I would appreciate it!

-Devon :)

slleipnir
02-03-2005, 09:49 PM
I want one!! I PM'd someone not long ago here who has them and was told a lot about them..

flamepony12
02-03-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
I want one!! I PM'd someone not long ago here who has them and was told a lot about them..

really? who? I love them- they are soooo pretty :D

catnapper
02-03-2005, 09:56 PM
I think my Abby has Aby in her! No.... she did not get her name from that! LOL

From what I hear they like to ride on shoulders, like high spots, and like water. All thing my little one loves. My Abby is a total sweetheat! I wuld love to learn more about Abys too!

flamepony12
02-03-2005, 10:08 PM
lol :D do they really like water? All the cats I've had in the past wouldn't set foot in it :rolleyes:

manda_moo87
02-03-2005, 10:26 PM
Abyssinians are so beautiful.

I've always admired them. :)

krazyaboutkatz
02-04-2005, 12:54 AM
My Sunny is an Aby mix and he loves to play in water. He's also very energetic, entertaining, loves high places, is very talkative. I call him my aerobics instructor because he gets all of his brothers to play with him.:) Abys will liven up any household.:)

Barbara
02-04-2005, 02:46 AM
Look at Filou's Birthday thread! He is an Aby:)

They are the funniest most loving acrobatic mischief monkey tenderness cats I know.

Other Abys on PT:

Neko1's Tama
Sasvermont's Miley, Juni Rose and Chloe
Randy_K's Mango and Peaches
Abycat Alice's Costello
Bastetmum's Bastet
Noahsmommy's Micah

We have a long Abyssinian thread with many pictures:

Abyssinians are the best (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16885&highlight=Abyssinians+are+the+best)

BastetsMum
02-04-2005, 04:22 AM
Aby's are wonderful cats. I have a fawn aby called Bastet. She is a little angel most of the time :rolleyes: They are very hyperactive all through their lives. She hasn't stopped playing, running, jumping, being just an aby.

She also plays fetch, can open cupbaord doors (even with the child-proof hooks!) comes when she is called with her special whistle (so not to upset the dogs). She is trained to sit and not jump on benches and the kitchen table. Aby's are definately trainable but you need to have patience. Food rewards are good.

She is fussy with her food. No fish for her (shock horror! a cat that doesn't like fish! :) ) or certain brands of foods. Occasional human food - they can be garbage gutses.

I am spoilt for choice when it comes to getting another cat - it will have to be an Aby.

catmandu
02-04-2005, 08:52 AM
That is one Cat,that has never resided,at the Found Cat Hotel,and from what I hear,they are a High Voltage Cat,very active,and always climbing!And a lot,of fun,and a Great Companion.

slleipnir
02-04-2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by flamepony12
really? who? I love them- they are soooo pretty :D

I believe it was Randy_K