PDA

View Full Version : Do Ya Think He Needs A New Carrier?

dukedogsmom
02-03-2005, 09:34 PM
I had to take Duke to the vet the other day because his ear was bothering him. So, I decided to take Doogie along because his nails needed trimming. I got out my fairly new cat carrier. I had used this one with my Peresian. Boy, did we both get a rude awakening! I had been debating whether or not to put the litter box in with him. Had I done that, he would have been up to the roof. I have got to invest in a bigger one. He wasn't cramped enough to where he couldn't move but there sure wasn't any to spare, either. And he was heavy! He weighed 19 pounds(closer to 20) and he's lost a little since he got with me. I call him hernia cat because when you go to pick him up, he just flops and you get a hernia when you pick him up.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/020105_1.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/020105_2.jpg
One of him in Duke's bed. Rest can be seen in other general.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/020105_3.jpg

catnapper
02-03-2005, 09:58 PM
Oh Doogie! You just get cuter and cutrer! What did mom subject you to? I think she shold take you shopping ASAP for a new carrier. Maybe something in a nice shade to complement your orange and white fur!

jazzcat
02-03-2005, 10:35 PM
ROFLOL, yep Val it's time for a new carrier. You need the Big Boy size for that hunk of kitty.

krazyaboutkatz
02-04-2005, 12:41 AM
LOL Yes, I think he might need a small to medium dog sized carrier.:) All 4 of my boys are also large so I can't buy the cute little cat carriers either.;)

jenluckenbach
02-04-2005, 05:02 AM
19 pounds?! :eek: And I complain when I need to carry my 12 pounders. :o

catcrazylady
02-04-2005, 05:38 AM
LOL!!! I would say a new carrier is in order!;) :D What a great picture of him in Duke's bed. Doogie is so handsome and looks so happy in his new home. I would love to get a hernia from that boy!:D :D :D

catlover4ever
02-04-2005, 07:45 AM
Yeah, Mr. Doogie needs a little bit of a larger carrier. :rolleyes:

20 lbs of handsome, orangie-ness!!!!

CalliesMom
02-04-2005, 07:51 AM
A new carrier might be in order...

When I take all three in to the vet, I use one of my larger carriers--for dogs up to 25 lbs. I put Callie and Whisper in one, and Shadow in a normal cat carrier. Now, that's fun trying to lug around.

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-04-2005, 07:52 AM
Wow, mister Doogie is a big orangie now!! Yes, a new carrier is needed ;) :)

Killearn Kitties
02-04-2005, 07:58 AM
Aww, I hope Doogie doesn't suffer from claustrophobia! I sympathise with you about the weight. My mum's cat is just over 20 lbs and I have to use two hands when I carry him in to the vet. We had to buy an especially big carrier for him too, and to think that when I brought his litter home from their first vet visit, all four were in a normal sized carrier with space for at least three more! :D

moosmom
02-04-2005, 08:12 AM
OMG!!! It's obvious he's happy. 19 pounds??? What a porker he's become!

Keep them pictures coming. God how I miss that boy!!

catmandu
02-04-2005, 08:25 AM
Doogie,does look,like he copuld use a little space! And theFound Cats,all do that,to me,they either become dead weight,or sit,in one corner,so that the carrier,is unbalanced!

dukedogsmom
02-04-2005, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
OMG!!! It's obvious he's happy. 19 pounds??? What a porker he's become! Keep them pictures coming. God how I miss that boy!!
He's lost weight since he got here. I'll have to take him shopping at Petco and let him pick out what kind of carrier he wants. Maybe I can get one of those fancy cloth ones. That would be much easier to carry.

ramanth
02-04-2005, 03:17 PM
Oh goodness! :eek: :D

Look how dark his nose is in that first pic.

RICHARD
02-04-2005, 03:40 PM
What???

It's just a 20 pound cat, in a 5 pound carrier.
;)

You know you need a new carrier when your fur sticks out one end....:confused:

RedHedd
02-04-2005, 04:23 PM
LOL! That pic is too cute and yes, I think a new carrier is in order. Mishi is my "hernia cat" so I got a LARGE Sherpa carrier ON WHEELS! It is SO nice and I think he kinda likes being wheeled around. It sure does take the pressure off of meowmie! Definitely worth the extra $$ it cost. Nothing's too good for my big boybee!

Laura's Babies
02-04-2005, 07:54 PM
OH MY!! What a great laugh!! Yes, time for a new one!! I can hardly carry Chester in his and he is only 15 pounds.. Your poor back!!

Fox-Gal
02-04-2005, 09:58 PM
WOW, what a big boy you have. Yeah, I'd say he needs a bigger carrier. Here's what you need for that big boy, no strained back or hernia, just roll him around. :D ;)