PDA

View Full Version : Off to the vet...for a lump

Queen of Poop
02-03-2005, 05:11 PM
Sasha, my normally super healthy border collie cross will be going to the vet this evening. In early January, while she layed on her back and I rubbed her tummy, I found a lump. I waited a bit to see what it did and it appears to be growing so we're going to the vet to have it checked out. I hope it is nothing more than a fat lump, last February I had to put down my 12 year old dog, I can't bear the thought of losing Sasha (she is going to be 11 this year). Would appreciate any good thoughts you can muster.

Shelteez2
02-03-2005, 05:18 PM
Good luck at the vet's. I'll be hoping it's just a fatty lump too.
My co-worker's 10 year old border collie has quite a few of them.

LuvGold00
02-03-2005, 06:25 PM
Sending lots of good thoughts your way!! !! !! !!

KYS
02-03-2005, 06:45 PM
Sending oodles and oodles of good thoughts and
prayers your way too.

schteve_d
02-04-2005, 03:48 AM
Buddy has a few lumps on him, all of which have turned out to be benign, though every single one has worried me and sent me damn near running to the vet! My vet, obviously recognizing my fears told me that almost all older dogs develop lumps here and there. Here's hoping that Sasha's lump turns out to be the same!! Good luck at the vet's!

Queen of Poop
02-04-2005, 08:38 AM
Thank you all for your kind words. Sasha's lump is indeed fatty tissue!! The vet even let me look at the sample he took under the microscope. We don't have to do a thing about it unless it gets really big. Yahoo!!

KYS
02-04-2005, 09:23 AM
Great news. :D