PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem!

cutie_chica
02-03-2005, 12:15 PM
Goodness!!

Ms.Patches was fixed 3 months ago! But she is still going in heat!!! That isnt the worse part:o ....the bad part is she is peeing on things. I believe this may be a jealousy thing. But I am not sure what to do? Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks in advance!

~LeAnn

moosmom
02-03-2005, 12:23 PM
LeeAnn,

You need to have her checked out by the vet to rule out a Urinary Tract Infection. Cats that start peeing in places other than their litterbox are trying to tell you there is something wrong.

Is she the only cat or are there other cats in the household? If there are more cats than just her, the rule of thumb is one litterbox per cat, to avoid problems like that.

Good luck and keep us posted.

cutie_chica
02-03-2005, 01:53 PM
I have 4 cats and 4 letter boxes..well 1 BIG box..and 3 normal ones. And its something she is doing at night..ONLY at night. I think she may be trying to get attention since my Soon to be husband and I both have jobs. I am taking her to the vet tomorrow. I will keep all of you updated :)

Kristl
02-03-2005, 04:05 PM
My boyfriends cat Abby did that...she'd pee on us if we were in bed...aaahhh, icky! The vet put her on Clavamox and then she ended up moving to Nick's mom's farm, and is doing great! A lot of times cats will pee anywhere BUT the litterbox if they are associating the litterbox with pain. Let us know what the vet says!

moosmom
02-03-2005, 05:31 PM
You might want to think about getting her a buddy. She might be lonely too. Kittens are very active and love having someone around to play with. First, have her checked out to make sure there is nothing medically wrong with her (UTI). If all is okay, I'd look into a pal for her.

Karen
02-03-2005, 05:40 PM
I hope she's okay. Let us know what the vet says!

PayItForward
02-04-2005, 02:51 AM
I agree with moosmom, take her to the vets to rule out UTI infections.
These article might help you, I would try adding another litter tray to your home.
http://www.piftails.com/littertrayintro.html
http://www.piftails.com/littertrayproblems.html

Good Luck

kt_luvs_kitties
02-04-2005, 05:10 AM
I agree, it sound likes she might have a UTI. Stash had one, and he also peed on me several times while I was in bed under my blankets. The vet will give her liquid oral meds, and it should clear up.
PS- never heard of a cat going into heat after getting spayed, usually when the uterus is removed, the hormones that make them going into heat are removed(the uterus holds almost all hormones). I would also mention that to my vet. Sounds a little off. GOOD LUCK with Kitty. Hopefully it isnt anything serious.

catmandu
02-04-2005, 08:50 AM
We pray,that Ms Patches,is all right,as weknow,that that can be a deal breaker,as Cat Urine,is so very tough,to get out,and can ruin thiongs! We pray,taht it is something,that the white Coats,can fix!