PDA

View Full Version : I've been doing lots of thinking.. and made a decision!

Tina
02-03-2005, 11:31 AM
I've been doing a lot of thinking about my post the other day. Actually it made me think alot about my life and my pets. I have made a decision which I have no taken lightly either. I have went through alot of pros and cons. I just hope I get lots of support! I do not want anyone believe I'm doing the wrong thing here.

I believe I am thinking in the best interest of Jake and not myself. I have decided I am going to foster him and find him another loving home. I just do not believe right now was the right time for me to add another pet to our family. I need to spend more time with the pets I have.

I would love to foster more pets then Jake though. I am thinking of trying to volunteer for one of our shelters or rescues here. I'm going try and talk to them sometime next week.

I really hope no one thinks I am bad for doing this. But I do believe this is in the best interest for Jake.

dogs_4_me
02-03-2005, 11:54 AM
I think thats a good decision but I think you should of made it in the first place, it isn't fair for Jake to keep moving families, regardless, I am glad you made this decision :)

micki76
02-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Tina, you have no idea how proud I am of you. It sounds like you're doing a lot for yourself (as you should be!) and making some good choices. :)

Think of all the animals you can help by volunteering your time. It’s so satisfying to help care for homeless animals. There’s no better feeling than to help one find his or her forever home.

You will feel amazing about yourself for doing this!

caseysmom
02-03-2005, 12:03 PM
Thats a great idea, you could mean the difference between life and death for lots of pets in need.

K9soul
02-03-2005, 12:10 PM
Tina, I'm very proud of you and you should be even more proud of yourself! You are taking those first very difficult steps to sort your life out and do what is best for you and your pets. Big {{HUGS}} to you for looking inside yourself and doing what is best for you and for all the furkids. It may not be the easiest thing but it is a strong and caring thing you are doing, and what makes me happiest is to hear of your plans to get involved in things that will really make you feel wonderful and good inside. My most heartfelt best wishes for you as you travel this new path :).

ramanth
02-03-2005, 12:26 PM
I second what Micki and Jess say. :)

Holly's mom
02-03-2005, 12:53 PM
Tina, you've made a very hard, but wise decision. Good luck to you, and I hope things will settle down for you, and your life will be happy.

Tina
02-03-2005, 01:55 PM
Thankyou so much for all the support!! I do believe I am going into the right direction now!

bckrazy
02-03-2005, 02:33 PM
yay Tina! :) I'm so glad you are taking good care of yourself and your animals... I know you'll find Jake the best home in the world ^_^

dogs_4_me, Jake's breeder (sounded like) they were not screening homes at all. Jake could have easily ended up in a very bad situation. I think it's wonderful that Tina is realizing her fault now, and correcting that and doing what's best for Jake while he is still young... now, Tina can find him a great home.

tatsxxx11
02-03-2005, 02:37 PM
I'm so proud of you too, Tina:) You've given the situation some careful consideration and made a very responsible decision! I think helping out at the shelter will be great "medicine" for you and do wonders to help keep you occupied, focused and you get your puppy fix to boot:) I'm sure that Jake will find a wonderful home and you'll be a part of making that happen:) We're rooting for you friend; hang in there and keep up the good work!:) Love, Sandra

BitsyNaceyDog
02-03-2005, 02:47 PM
That's awesome Tina! Good luck finding Jake a home.

lute
02-03-2005, 02:54 PM
Tina, that's a very lovely thing to do. it had to be hard. good luck on finding Jake a home!:D

Tina
02-03-2005, 04:11 PM
Thanks so much for all the support!! I don't think I could do it without you all!!:)

dogs_4_me
02-03-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by bckrazy

dogs_4_me, Jake's breeder (sounded like) they were not screening homes at all. Jake could have easily ended up in a very bad situation. I think it's wonderful that Tina is realizing her fault now, and correcting that and doing what's best for Jake while he is still young... now, Tina can find him a great home.

I think its wonderful she is making this decision as well. It shows she is a true pet owner that loves her animals, she is making this decision because it is in the best interest for Jake :)

jazzcat
02-03-2005, 05:49 PM
I've been following your posts and I think you've made a great decision. You have my support 100%!

(((HUGS)))

GraciesMommy
02-03-2005, 05:53 PM
Way to go, Tina...smart move on your part and I hope you find Jake a great forever home! Hugs to you

stacwase
02-04-2005, 06:32 AM
Volunteering at a shelter or rescue is a GREAT idea. You obviously have a big heart and want to help as many animals as you can - that's why you brought Jake into your home in the first place. This way you can help even more animals!

Tina
02-04-2005, 09:34 AM
Thanks everyone so much for your support!!!

Karen
02-04-2005, 09:38 AM
Great decision - AND I think when a foster gets a new home, you should tell them about Pet Talk, so maybe you can keep seeing them, too! ;)

Dixieland Dancer
02-04-2005, 10:10 AM
Tina, I'm glad too hear you are moving in the right direction now. I would only ask that you find Jake a new home real soon. He is at a very critical age in his development and needs to bond with his permanent guardian. It shouldn't be hard to find that cutie pie a home fast.

Stick with counseling in addition to volunteering but be careful you don't fall in love with all of them and want to bring them all home. You have to realize there is only so much you can do.

Keep us posted.

Tina
02-04-2005, 10:18 AM
That is one thing I was really thinking I need find him a home soon. It is going be hard seeing him go but I do believe it is right to do this now.

Yes I plan on sticking with my counseling!

It is going be really hard not to fall in love with every pup or kitty I meet! But I know I can do along as I have lots of support!:D