PDA

View Full Version : Peaches may have a new home

clara4457
02-03-2005, 08:11 AM
We have a potential home for Peaches. :D The gentleman that is interested recently had to put his 12 year old 3 legged Pit down due to cancer. Normally we wouldn't adopt this quickly, as Peaches still need some medical care, but the gentleman that is interested is the nephew of one of our contributing vets.

It sounds like a perfect situation for Peaches. She will never want for medical care and we can keep up with her progress thorough our vet. He also has his own business and takes his dog to work with him every day. It would be great for Peaches to be in a situation where she was with people a great portion of her time, since she lived so much of her life chained to a fence with no human contact. I really want to see her get a great home, I have already fallen in love with her - she is such a sweetheart.

I talked with him in length Tuesday night and he was anxious to meet her then - but I was on my way to Lancaster PA for a seminar, so Peaches and I will be going over to his house today to meet him and do a home check. I was very impressed with his devotion to his dogs and his knowledge of Pit Bulls. He totally understands that it is all about socialization and care. And of course his vet reference is impeccable. :D

Normally we wouldn't adopt out this soon after they have been with us. We try to make sure they are completely healthy and at least house trained and have some basic obedience skills - but I think this is going to be too good of a home to wait. Plus it gives me room to foster another.

Wish us luck that it all works out. Peaches deserves the best place in the world.

micki76
02-03-2005, 08:49 AM
He sounds perfect for Miss Peaches!!! :D :D :D

Keep us updated on her, please!

*fingers crossed*

ramanth
02-03-2005, 09:24 AM
Fingers crossed for Peaches! :D

wolf_Q
02-03-2005, 09:06 PM
That's wonderful! I hope this home works out for Peaches. She deserves to live the good life! :)

petslover
02-03-2005, 09:45 PM
I hope it works out too.

K9soul
02-03-2005, 10:08 PM
That's wonderful news! I'm hoping and praying with fingers and toes crossed that this works out to be the one for Peaches! Please let us know how it turns out :)

lovemyshiba
02-03-2005, 10:50 PM
This definitely sounds like a promising home for Peaches!!!

Fingers crossed!!!:)

schteve_d
02-04-2005, 03:12 AM
What more can you ask for? That's fantastic!! Great work on your part and all the best to Peaches!!

delidog
02-04-2005, 05:14 AM
Oh Good Luck!!!
Let us know how it goes!!!!!

We ALL want the Best for Ms. Peaches....What a Sweetie!!

vinjashira
02-04-2005, 06:07 AM
fingers crossed that it will work out for peaches! :)

clara4457
02-04-2005, 06:49 AM
Well the meet and greet went great!!! Peaches and Tom bonded almost immediately. I couldn't ask for a better match for her. I know we were in a good home when I saw the mantle with the pictures and urn of his RB dog Tripod. As I was leaving, she was taking a walk with her new Dad and looked back at me briefly to say goodbye and and then trotted off with her Dad. It was a little sad, but I just keep remembering that there are others out there that need me and that she is going to have a great life.

She still needs a little followup medical work, but I am going to stop by our vet's office (his aunt - BTW) and go over what she still needs. She still needs to be microchipped (a requirement of ours) so I will arrange for that also.

I'm very happy for them both, but a little sad too. I am going to miss her.

pitc9
02-04-2005, 07:20 AM
YIPPEEE!!!!!!

What wonderful news!!

You've done a great job, she'll never forget you!
:D

cloverfdx
02-04-2005, 07:24 AM
Clara that is wonderful :D. I am sure Peaches and her new Dad will have a great old time getting to know one another.

K9soul
02-04-2005, 09:32 AM
Woohoo!!! That is WONDERFUL news! I'm so happy for Peaches and her new family, you did a beautiful job getting her to her forever home Clara. I know it must have been sad to part, but as you said the ending is a very happy one. It must make your heart soar to know she's going to be loved and cherished in her new home. :)

lizbud
02-04-2005, 06:14 PM
That is wonderful.:D I am so happy for Peaches & her new
Dad.:D Thanks to you, this little girl will get herself a real, loving
family. Great job Clara.:)

Lets hope Petey has good luck too. Those two doggies deserve
a good life.

QueenScoopalot
02-04-2005, 08:08 PM
Clara, That's news to celebrate! I'm so happy things worked out so well with Peaches, and her new devoted human. :) That is one of the toughest things about doing rescuing/fostering is letting go. I had to tell myself many times that I'm only a stepping stone to a happier future. ;) And then I think of the alternatives when letting go gets really hard! :eek: What if I didn't find that cat/dog whatever when I did? :confused: Maybe Peaches new person can join PT, and keep us all updated! :D P.S have you adopted out the black kitten? Name escapes me.

clara4457
02-05-2005, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
Clara, That's news to celebrate! I'm so happy things worked out so well with Peaches, and her new devoted human. :) That is one of the toughest things about doing rescuing/fostering is letting go. I had to tell myself many times that I'm only a stepping stone to a happier future. ;) And then I think of the alternatives when letting go gets really hard! :eek: What if I didn't find that cat/dog whatever when I did? :confused: Maybe Peaches new person can join PT, and keep us all updated! :D P.S have you adopted out the black kitten? Name escapes me.

Thank you QSL - you are right. It is always a little sad to let them go, but you have to continue thinking about the next one you can rescue.

Funny you should ask about Kringle, he is still with me, but I just got a call about him that sounds very promising. She recently lost an older cat and she is looking for a companion for her other younger cat. I am tied up with a fundraiser this weekend, but we are going to arrange a meeting next week. :)

Cincy'sMom
02-05-2005, 05:58 AM
Yeah for Peaches!!! Sounds like the perfect fit!!!

delidog
02-06-2005, 05:56 AM
Woo Hoo!!!!!

Yeah for Peaches!!!!

Yeah for Clara!!!!!

Did you tell her new owner about Pet Talk???
We wouldn't mind Update Pics!!! ;)!!!

So Glad all went well!!!!
Get that Microchip soon Dear Peaches!!!!

Have a Wonderful Life,Sweet Girl!!!
You Deserve it!!!

Alright Clara!!! on to the next Foster!!!;) :)

QueenScoopalot
02-08-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by clara4457
Thank you QSL - you are right. It is always a little sad to let them go, but you have to continue thinking about the next one you can rescue.

Funny you should ask about Kringle, he is still with me, but I just got a call about him that sounds very promising. She recently lost an older cat and she is looking for a companion for her other younger cat. I am tied up with a fundraiser this weekend, but we are going to arrange a meeting next week. :) :D :D Hope it's two happy endings soon. ;)