PDA

View Full Version : Baby Elephants

Jamaican 17
03-29-2001, 07:34 PM
It's ridiculous the way people treat elephants and any other animals, at "training" camps for circuses. The baby elephants are taken from their mothers at an early age and then trained with whips and other devices for the circuses. If you want to do anything to help these animals, then you can visit www.elephants.com (http://www.elephants.com) and click on the "How you can help" button. Write to people over e-mail that are in charge or have anything to do with this, and ask them to return the babies to their mothers with the 15 other baby elephants. Elephants being my favorite animal, I wanted to do something to help and I hope you can, too.

ilovehounds
03-30-2001, 07:10 PM
I had seen a show on t.v once where a elephant was performing in a zoo and the trainer had been beating it with a cane before the show and during the show he hit it again and the elephant finally had enough and attacked, the elephant was then put to sleep for fear it would hurt someone again.

I think that the elephant should not have been put to sleep, an elephant is a big powerful animal that should be treated with kindness and respect not beaten and chained. That elephant lost its life because of some stupid person who thinks that beating an animal will teach it something.

I think that all circus elephants should be turned over to zoos, Sanctuary or breeding programs not chained and beaten for the purpose of entertainment.

Im looking through the site you gave right now, thanks for sharing it with us.

[This message has been edited by ilovehounds (edited March 30, 2001).]