PDA

View Full Version : Any Trekkies around?

PJ's Mom
02-02-2005, 04:05 PM
From startrek.com:

UPN and Paramount Network Television have jointly announced that this will be the final season of Star Trek: Enterprise on UPN. [Production will continue until the end of this season, which will finish shooting in March.] The series finale will air on Friday, May 13, 2005

It seems we've finally reached the end of an era. :eek:

Uabassoon
02-02-2005, 04:37 PM
I never really got into Enterprise, but I was a HUGE fan of TNG and Voyager.

I'm still kind of sad to see Enterprise end, but it seems like a lot of trekkies weren't too excited about it when it first aired.

PJ's Mom
02-02-2005, 06:05 PM
DS9 was excellent. (I bought all 7 seasons on DVD) Voyager ruined the Borg and introduced us to sex in Trek, (7 of 9) which I wasn't thrilled with. Enterprise just went too far away from what I condsidered normal. I heard it got better, but I quit watching after the 1st season. :(

Corinna
02-02-2005, 09:10 PM
I haven't see any of them after the first year of Voyager (no cable just NBC on rabbit ears) I did see battlestar Glactic is being remade.

The Cat Factory
02-02-2005, 09:30 PM
I love Star Trek, but I never got into Enterprise. I only watched a couple episodes, but that sucks that it got cancelled :(

Maresche
02-03-2005, 06:51 AM
Oh, bummer! But I have to say I had suspicions. They just ran out of history....

I have to say though that Enterprise has been my favorite of the series. I like Voyager and DS9 initially but both got too weird for me.

Karen
02-03-2005, 07:37 AM
As much of trek fan as I am, it semed like they were running out of new ideas after the first year of Enterprise. Many of the "new" episodes were familiar plotlines from other series. I am sure Trek wil reemerge in some form further down the line.

dukedogsmom
02-03-2005, 09:05 AM
I've never been a fan of anything except the good old original. I grew up with it. One time, I wrote them a letter asking for one of the women's costumes. I was very young, about 6 or 7. They sent me a letter back. Can't remember what it said and I could shoot myself for losing it! No telling how much it would be worth by now.

RICHARD
02-03-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
. Can't remember what it said and I could shoot myself for losing it! No telling how much it would be worth by now.

Please make sure that the phaser is set to stun???

Hate to lose you around here....

Remember, it is a big universe!!!;)

prechrswife
02-03-2005, 07:12 PM
I hate to hear that. I actually have liked the episodes that I have seen, but our UPN reception is horrible. Because of that, we rarely watch it.

chelsea
02-03-2005, 07:25 PM
I actually enjoy watching Enterprise it started out slow but I think it has grown a lot from when the show first started. As far as it not doing well in the ratings that is UPN's fault completely, they put it on Friday nights first of all and they put it up against the Sci-Fi's line up, how stupid can they get. Of course if they wanted the show to fail they made the right choice putting it against the two Stargate shows. IMO

Here's a MSN poll you can take;
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6902611

There is also a site devoted to keeping it on the air for those interested. :eek:

http://www.saveenterprise.com/
http://saveenterprise.com/campaign2005/lettercampaign.htm:eek

Twisterdog
02-03-2005, 07:37 PM
I've never seen Enterprise. I LOVED The Next Generation, though.