PDA

View Full Version : Teacher Protesting

animal_rescue
02-02-2005, 03:29 PM
My high school teachers are protesting in a way. They will only do what their contract says for them to do. They will be at school at 7:15 and no earlier and they will all leave a 2:25. They will not take anything home with them such as homework, tests, and lesson planners as they aren't paid for it. They won't give out detentions, expulsions, or suspensions! They won't break up school fights, and all clubs, after school activities are cancelled (except for sports since they are paid to do that). The reason they are doing this is the administrative people are treating them like crap and won't take any ideas from them. They changed the school contract without telling any of the teachers about it and they are very mad!

PJ's Mom
02-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Good for them. I hope they succeed in getting what they want. :)

animal_rescue
02-02-2005, 03:57 PM
I do too, my favorite teacher is the leader of the protest. All of the students in the class or that know her are backing her up 100%!

moosmom
02-02-2005, 04:05 PM
My best friend is a teacher, so I know what teachers go through. I support your teachers 100% and hope they are successful in their efforts.

My friend takes work home with her, she goes in early, gets no lunch and stays late. Teachers SHOULD be paid more than they are for what they do. Afterall, they have our children's future in their hands!!

If you can read this, thank a teacher!! ;)

Jods
02-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Our teachers did this my last year of high school... The students (not me btw) ended up walking out.

Kristl
02-02-2005, 06:24 PM
Our teachers went on strike for a couple days. I think I was a sophomore. We all supported them because 1. they were getting screwed, and 2. we got out of school for a few days!

catnapper
02-02-2005, 07:49 PM
Cool for them! If they did this more often, then maybe people would really respect them. My husband is a teacher and everyone says "oh teachers have it so easy." Well if he and the other local teachers did the same thing..... woohoo! I'd love to see the impact! :D