PDA

View Full Version : anyone

saturn
02-02-2005, 02:23 PM
i just bought a westie he is 9 weeks old and has been diagnosed with a grade one heart murmur does anyone know anything about heart murmurs? he also recently developed a dark mole on his inside leg? are these serious?

Dixieland Dancer
02-02-2005, 03:01 PM
Have you checked with your vet on what they mean? Where did you buy this pup from? In a 9 week pup, I would think it would be a serious thing but I'm just guessing. You need to consult your vet.

sammy101
02-02-2005, 03:35 PM
My RB Dalmation had a Heart murmur most of her life.But for some odd reason it went away.Usually heart murmurs arent that serious.She didnt have to take any medicine or anything.I hope its not a serious one!

chocolatepuppy
02-02-2005, 03:40 PM
My Mandy has a heart murmur. It is very serious though, she has a 5-6, caused by a value that's too small in her heart. It depends on what's causing the murmur that's important. Your vet would have to run tests to find out. My understanding is that a one probably isn't that serious but I'm then I'm not a vet. I hope it's not serious, please keep us posted.

Corinna
02-02-2005, 03:43 PM
Merlin doesn't have a murmer but non regular heart beat. Hes 7 and really no problems just have to make sure he doesn't over excert himself. Not much of a problem now sofs spud that he is. I would have your vet sit down and explain it all to you.