PDA

View Full Version : Very strange neighborhood story- happy end

Barbara
02-02-2005, 01:04 PM
Two weeks ago the cat of my cleaner disappeared. She is an indoor/outdoor cat- still most cats around here are although the villages around Munich have a lot of traffic.

The family was devastated. They looked for her but regarding the fact that it is really winter here, temperatures in the tens and lots of snow they didn't have much hope. :(

Beginning of this week the cat stood in front of the door. Happy to be back, not very hungry, looking ok. She had definitely not been in the cold. She had been missing for ten days.

Now our cleaner told everybody of course and one other neighbor told her that some farmers (we still have quite some farms in the area) catch cats and put them in their barns for some time so that they help keeping the mice down. They let it free after a week or so.

I am really really upset:mad: Of course people like that do not think what they do to a pet (some of them even cannot catch mice) and its family! I've never heard that before. But I am happy this cat is back. Unfortunately here (Kirsten will confirm) many people still think cats need the freedom to roam- allthough in most of the cases it is the freedom to be killed.

QueenScoopalot
02-02-2005, 03:26 PM
Glad the kitty found her way safely back. Does she have any identification tags? :confused:

koxka
02-03-2005, 03:40 AM
Now our cleaner told everybody of course and one other neighbor told her that some farmers (we still have quite some farms in the area) catch cats and put them in their barns for some time so that they help keeping the mice down. They let it free after a week or so.

It does sound estrange to me. Why they should spent time and energie, and possibly some cat scratch when it's so cheap and easy to have a couple of barn cats.Yes, they can reproduce,but is they are this kind of people I bet they won't get any problem on putting the new borns to sleep.

Being and indoor/outdoor maybe he has been stuck somewhere and being feeded.

Anyway, glad he is back to home.

Barbara
02-03-2005, 03:53 AM
It sounded strange to me too. Kind of a modern legend. Yes QSL I will check whether she is microchipped- that's a thing they should do anyway.

catmandu
02-03-2005, 08:36 AM
That is not right,as noone,has the right,to take another persons Companion,and a lot,of Cats,couldnt catch a mouse,that is a skill,that they do have,to learn,when they are young,from their Mothers!