PDA

View Full Version : Bailey has gone to the Rainbow Bridge

Sevens
02-02-2005, 12:17 PM
As of 5 mins. after I posted the last update in the Bailey is sick thread, the vet called. Bailey died in surgery.

She had thrown a clot in her blood supply leading to her stomach. She went into cardiac arrest on the table. All 4 vets and all the techs tried to save her. They brought her back once, but then they lost her again.

Brian and I just returned home. We went to see her at the vets. Dr. Kuhn came in and stayed and cried with us the whole time.

I know she is in a better place. She will be with our family dogs from growing up....Michie, Ski, and Muffin. I just wish her better place was with us. We will be having her cremated and have a memorial service to spread her ashes in 7 to 10 days. Apparently, my vet says that the hospital I work at has a Pet Loss Support Group, so I think I will check into that.

Thanks you for your support previously. Brian and I appreciated all you had done.

I can't think now. I have to go.

Rest in Peace, my beautiful Bailey. You were my heart dog, my baby, my all. I will never stop hurting for you.

lute
02-02-2005, 12:20 PM
RIP sweetie Bailey.:(

LuvinMyAussieBoy
02-02-2005, 12:20 PM
OMG! I am so, so sorry! :( I am sure you worked very hard to stay alive Bailey, I hoep you play hard at the rainbow bridge, you will be dearly missed!

R.I.P. SWEET SWEET BAILEY!:( :(

caseysmom
02-02-2005, 12:21 PM
I am so so sorry for your loss. I haven't posted in your other threads but I have been following your story and praying. You did the very best you could, there was nothing more that could have been done.

There are many pet loss support groups sponsored by veterinary associations, I just lost my kitty and my vet sent me some info. Go and let them help you and everyone here will be here for you also.

ramanth
02-02-2005, 12:21 PM
Oh darling... :( :( I am so sorry. :(

RIP Bailey. You sweet dear pup. :(

PJ's Mom
02-02-2005, 12:26 PM
Oh no. :(

I'm so sorry. RIP, sweet Bailey. Play hard at the RB. :(

Logan
02-02-2005, 12:27 PM
I'm so very sorry. :( :(

TrixiesMom
02-02-2005, 12:29 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

Play hard, Little Bailey.....

Look for Buttons.. he was always good for a romp in the fields.. :)

GraciesMommy
02-02-2005, 12:32 PM
I am so sorry and I feel your pain, having been thru it myself...it is heart breaking to say the least. I wish you comfort and peace...
I hope Baily and Mercedes (my RB baby) meet and spend some time together~

micki76
02-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Stephanie, I’m so sorry. I just can’t stop crying. :(

Play hard, sweet Bailey. Mommy & Daddy loved you so very much.

lovemyshiba
02-02-2005, 12:33 PM
I am so very sorry to hear of this:( :(

I did read your thread earlier today, and said a prayer for Bailey.

It seems that she was needed elsewhere, she's an angel now.

The Pet Loss Support Group sounds like a great idea, I hope you can find some comfort among others who have lost.

Play hard at the Bridge dear Bailey, your mommy and daddy and Guiness will miss you so much:(

Rest In Peace, Sweetheart.

{{{hugs}}}

jazzcat
02-02-2005, 12:33 PM
I'm so sorry.

Rest in Peace sweet Bailey.

Dixieland Dancer
02-02-2005, 12:38 PM
My sympathy to you and Brian. Rest in peace sweet Bailey.

aly
02-02-2005, 12:42 PM
I am so, so sorry :( I don't even know what to say. Tears are flowing as I write this. I hope you're doing ok :( I'm so sorry :(

Glacier
02-02-2005, 12:54 PM
I'm so sorry. Godspeed, Bailey.

Lexi_Lover
02-02-2005, 12:55 PM
I read this...and I cried! I am so sorry for your loss Stephanie, you and Guiness must be heart broken!:( God speed to the RB Bailey!

RIP Bailey:(

My Peanuts
02-02-2005, 12:56 PM
I am so sorry. I know how had this is for you. :(

RIP Bailey :(

Tonya
02-02-2005, 12:58 PM
I am so sorry. Rest in peace, Bailey.

lizbud
02-02-2005, 01:01 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Bailey.:(

I read your other posts about her illness & was so hoping she
could overcome her sickness. Rest In Peace little Bailey.:(

vinjashira
02-02-2005, 01:16 PM
rest in peace bailey :(

K9soul
02-02-2005, 01:18 PM
Oh my gosh, I have tears streaming down my cheeks as I read this very sad and heartbreaking update. I know there are just no words to make the loss of your beautiful Bailey any easier, all I can offer are words of understanding and sharing in your loss. I am so very very sorry and you have my most heartfelt sympathies as you face this heartache and grief. :( :( :(

Rest in peace, beautiful precious Bailey, you are missed more than words can say. Find all our precious RB angels at the bridge and play joyfully with them as you await that day when you are reunited with your family.

Gentle {{HUGS}} to you Stephanie

Kiia
02-02-2005, 01:26 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. :( Rest easy Bailey, you were loved dearly.

schteve_d
02-02-2005, 01:40 PM
That is so sad, I'm so very sorry for your loss. From your other threads, you know that you did absolutely everything you could, and rest assured that wherever Bailey is now, she knows that.

elizabethann
02-02-2005, 01:43 PM
My deepest sympathies. Bailey was a very lucky dog to of had a caring and loving "Mum" such as yourself.

luvofallhorses
02-02-2005, 01:44 PM
I am in tears reading this (((hugs))) Rip Bailey, Buddy will welcome you with open paws if you ever need to talk pm me.

Cookiebaker
02-02-2005, 01:46 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. :( It's all so sudden, so very sudden.

RIP sweet Bailey, you were and are very much loved!

slick
02-02-2005, 01:47 PM
:( :( :( I'm so sorry for the loss of sweet Bailey. Today, the RB has welcomed another precious furbaby. Frolick and be happy with your new eternal life Bailey. You are very much loved, up there and here on earth.

{{{HUGS}}} Sevens.

Kristl
02-02-2005, 01:48 PM
Oh, I am truly sorry! Bailey will be waiting for you at the Bridge...

RIP Bailey, sweet beauty!

Denyce
02-02-2005, 01:51 PM
Play hard sweet Bailey...you are loved deeply.

tatsxxx11
02-02-2005, 01:57 PM
Dear Stephanie. I'm heartbroken beyond words:(:(:( I was just checking for an encouraging update when I saw this thread:( I too have lost a furkid during surgery and know how utterly stunned and devastated you are right now. Words can offer little comfort at a time such as this, but please know that we all are for you, sending to you our love and strength and support. Your beautiful, precious Bailey now graces the Rainbow Bridge with her beauty and light, romping happily with all of our beloved RB babies and there she will wait for you Stepanie, until you and she are united in love. My love and gentle hugs to you friend. I'm so, so very sorry:( Love, Sandra

fritz03
02-02-2005, 02:05 PM
Sorry to hear about Bailey.i'm sure he was well loved by everybody.Bailey,I'm sure you find my dog Ruffles, a miniature who passed on about 3 years ago.Tell him we say Hi and play hard with all his friends up there by the bridge.

stacwase
02-02-2005, 02:10 PM
Oh - I am just so sorry.

cyber-sibes
02-02-2005, 02:26 PM
I am so sorry to hear this sad news, we're sending hugs your way :( RIP Bailey, my Rosie will be there at the RB - she'd love to play with you sweetie!

Sevens
02-02-2005, 02:30 PM
I was just on the phone with my mom....she's devastated, she would talk to Bailey on the phone every night when we would talk.

I decided after talking to Mom that I know of a way to help me and help others. I have decided to volunteer with the rescue we adopted her from.

It is called H.A.P.P.E. It is located in Chesterfield, which is basically suburbs near Richmond. They were always so good to us and helpful and we have donated to them before, leashes and crates and whatnot. The bad thing about Chesterfield is that they still use the gas chamber to execute dogs.

I have to make some sense out of all of this. They first saved my Bailey, stray and starving to death. Well, I think helping them out is right.

I am attaching a link. I've had friends call me all day and ask what they could do for me. I've told them to make a donation to H.A.P.P.E. in Bailey's name. I am thinking if I can help save more lives even though I couldn't save hers, her death will not have been in vain.

The link isH.A.P.P.E. (http://www.happepets.org/donations.htm)

Again, I love you all.

Stephanie

caseysmom
02-02-2005, 02:41 PM
What a wonderful tribute to your sweet bailey.

petslover
02-02-2005, 02:50 PM
I am sorry to hear about this loss.

LuckiLab03
02-02-2005, 03:05 PM
I'm so, so sorry :( :( Rest in peace sweet Bailey.

sammy101
02-02-2005, 03:29 PM
o poor Bailey:( RIP beautiful Bailey,and play hard the the Rainbow Bridge.

{{Hugs}}

chocolatepuppy
02-02-2005, 03:33 PM
I am so sorry. :( Rest in peace Bailey.

Tina
02-02-2005, 03:35 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss:(

RIP Bailey:(

bckrazy
02-02-2005, 03:54 PM
wow, I'm so sorry. Bailey must've been the sweetest dog ever, and you did so much for her while she was here. play hard at the RB, sweet girl.

that is so sweet of you guys, to help out the rescue that gave you Bailey! :)

Uabassoon
02-02-2005, 04:04 PM
I'm so sorry :( RIP sweet Bailey.

2crazypuppies4me
02-02-2005, 04:05 PM
:( :( I'm so so sorry. OMG <cry> I'm sorry I could only read a little bit of each post you posted because I feel so bad and really cant cry at work. ((((hug))))) I'm so sorry :( :(

Jods
02-02-2005, 04:08 PM
I'm so sorry...:( R.I.P Bailey.:(

4 Dog Mother
02-02-2005, 04:45 PM
Bailey will be missed! RIP Bailey! What a nice thing for you to do - volunteering at the shelter you got her from. You probably posted this in the thread where you told us she was sick and going to surgery but how old was she and how long had you had her. Not that it matters because I am sure she was very loved no matter!

KYS
02-02-2005, 05:37 PM
I am so very sorry!

Sending many HUGS!

CountryWolf07
02-02-2005, 05:43 PM
I'm very sorry. :(

tatsxxx11
02-02-2005, 05:46 PM
What a beautiful way to memorialize your beloved Bailey, by volunteering at the shelter that rescued her and brought you together. My most heartfelt sympathies to your Mom too, Stephanie. Your Bailey was so very loved and now will be so greatly missed:( I would be honored to make a donation in her name. Hugs to you friend. I'm simply heartbroken for you. Love, Sandra

dukedogsmom
02-02-2005, 05:55 PM
I am so sad to hear that. I'm sure Bailey knows just how much you loved her and always will. We are shedding tears for her, as well. She's got lots of our much loved animals to welcome her to the RB. She's no longer sick and will be waiting until you can meet again.

Aspen and Misty
02-02-2005, 06:18 PM
:( :(

I'm so very sorry to hear about Bailey. How heart braking. You are right, she is in a better place.

::HUGS:: I'm always here when you need me.

Ashley

joycenalex
02-02-2005, 07:21 PM
i am so sorry stephanie and brian. your being able to volunteer at the shelter that saved bailey for you, is so sweet. ((hugs))

Sevens
02-02-2005, 07:29 PM
Thank you all again. I've talked to pretty much everyone I know, family and friends. Brian is exhausted to say the least. He is downstairs sleeping right now.

He's really the rock of the family, trying to be steady and solid and hold things together. He's taking it hard, but not showing it. He'll grieve in his own way. We have each other and we still have Guinness.

Dear sweet Guinness, he's not eating. That's par for the course, cause Bailey was his alpha. He only ate after she did. I did get him to eat a piece of cheese. I think he'll be ok, he just needs to grieve too. I'll get him eating, even if it takes tuna fish or boiled chicken or boullion.

To answer a question from 4 Dog Mother, Bailey was only 2 and a half. Her "Gotcha Day" was going to be February 22, it would've been 2 years since the day we had gotten her.

Sevens
02-02-2005, 07:34 PM
Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message He is Dead.
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one,
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun,
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods;
For nothing now can ever come to any good.

-- W.H. Auden

I just found this on the Net. I think this pretty much describes how I am feeling right now. I think if we do end up having the memorial service for her, this is what I shall read.

cloverfdx
02-02-2005, 07:58 PM
Stephanie i am so sorry to hear about your gorgeous girl Bailey {{Hugs}}. My heart is breaking for you and the tears flowing, know that yourself, Brian and sweet Guiness will be in my thoughts. :(

Play hard at the RB Bailey.

:(

wolf_Q
02-02-2005, 08:48 PM
I am so shocked and sorry to hear this. :( Bailey was a very special dog and I know you loved her so much. She will be missed by all of us. {{hugs}}

sabies
02-02-2005, 08:54 PM
I am shocked and saddened to hear about poor Bailey. That is a great idea to volunteer at the shelter. My thoughts are with you during this painful time.

Karen
02-02-2005, 09:01 PM
Sweet wiggly Bailey girl
Terrier to the core
You wagged your way into our hearts
And will be missed, that's for sure.

Watch over Mom and Dad right now
Let them know things'll be okay
And someday, in the blink of an eye
You'll be reunited, some day.

I think volunteering in her honor is a wonderful, wonderful idea. I am sure NBailey would approve. And because she'll always be in your heart, she needn't be jealous of the attention you pay any other dogs.

shais_mom
02-02-2005, 10:50 PM
Oh Steph I am so sorry - please accept my sympathy :(
Take Care
Godspeed sweetie.

pitc9
02-03-2005, 07:49 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss, nothing can ease the pain you are going through right now, but please take comfort in the fact that Bailey is watching over you now. She loves you all and she knows how much you all love her!

Rest Easy Bailey, you will be missed...

*~Hugs to you, Brian and Guiness~*

senorita02
02-03-2005, 07:55 AM
Oh i am so sorry for your loss, RIP Bailey :(

clara4457
02-03-2005, 08:00 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. I am going to miss hearing about Bailey and seeing the pictures you post - he will be in my prayers.

Play hard at the Bridge sweetheart. Give Foxy, Buster, Chip, and Mickey a big lick for me.

anna_66
02-03-2005, 08:48 AM
How do I say I'm sorry. I didn't even know that sweet Bailey was sick:( Things happen so suddenly sometimes.
This thread is so emotional I can't bring myself to read it all but I have read your replies Seven and see that you will be helping out HAPPE. I will be making a donation in Bailey's name.
I know the hurt you are feeling and if you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm here.
Anna

ChrisH
02-03-2005, 11:49 AM
Oh, Stephanie, I am so sorry. :( {{hugs}} to you and Brian.

Rest in peace, sweet Bailey.

Holly's mom
02-03-2005, 12:50 PM
I'm so sorry to hear your sad news about Bailey.:( RIP, sweet Bailey, play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.

EssTer
02-03-2005, 12:58 PM
Ohhh, I´m so sorry to hear about this :(
RIP Bailey :(

(((((HUGS))))

Cazi
02-03-2005, 02:17 PM
Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. RIP treasured Bailey. Run free at Rainbow Bridge.

delidog
02-03-2005, 07:29 PM
Oh My God!!!
I didn't know how sick Bailey was....
My Heart is Breaking for you!!
I haven't been here for a few days...I am Soooo Sorry!!!
I know what Bailey meant to You and all of us at pet talk loved her too....

Godspeed Dearest Bailey...You Will Be Sorely Missed!!!!!

captain
02-03-2005, 08:59 PM
I had really hoped that Bailey would bounce back from her illness.

{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you and Brian, and to darling Guiness.

Play happily at the RB Bailey. We will miss you.

K9karen
02-03-2005, 11:28 PM
Oh Stephanie, I truly feel your pain. Such sad, sad news about Bailey. You, Brian and Guiness need extra tight hugs. God Speed, sweet Bailey. Cody will show the way...

molucass
02-03-2005, 11:40 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss.. :( *Hugs*

Rest in Peace, Bailey.

RobiLee
02-04-2005, 12:41 AM
This is so heartbreaking. I'm in tears right now. I'm so very sorry for your loss. I can't even think of what to say. I truly do feel your pain.

Play hard at the Bridge, Bailey.

{{{HUGS}}}.......Robin :(

Sevens
02-04-2005, 08:34 AM
Hi all.

I am at work right now. I figured that I need to get back into my routine. Besides, we need the money to pay Bailey's vet bills.

I had a good conversation yesterday with a clinical psychologist. She runs the pet loss support group I had mentioned in an earlier post. We talked for two hours on the phone and she will be working with me for as long as I need. At no charge, since my vet Dr. Kuhn donates money to the Center for Human-Animal Interaction, which the psychologist is a part of.

Our first support group meeting will be on Monday night. We will be taking Guinness over to our friends' house. Marybeth and Joab, they are the ones who initially rescued Guinness and gave him to us. They live one street over from us and have their own big dog, Jack. So, Guinness will have a nice relaxing play date at their house while we go to our meeting.

Thank you all for your support and condolences. I have printed out all these pages from you. I will be putting together a memory book for Bailey and I will place your condolences in it too.

Love,

Stephanie, Brian, and Guinness

caseysmom
02-04-2005, 10:42 AM
Take care of yourself and don't be afraid to cry when you need to.

Buddy Blaze Lover
02-04-2005, 03:04 PM
I am SO sorry for your loss of Bailey!! My Bandit passed away a little over 3 years ago, and I miss him SO much!!:( I know they're both in a better place, but it doesn't make it any easier. Just take joy in remembering your wonderful memories of such a sweet pup! Rest nice and easy dear Bailey, and as an angel, watch over your dear Guiness and family!

Kfamr
02-04-2005, 07:45 PM
Stephanie...

I read this other other day and just couldn't find myself to reply.
I'm so very upset over this. Sweet, sweet Bailey - one of my dearest favorites, and boor Guinness.

I've been thinking of all of you.. Please know that i'm only a PM away if you need me. I'm glad you're getting back to your routine. I'm sure Bailey is giving you a "paws up" right now and is watching your every move. So that means you, and Brian, and the rest of your family needs to put on big smiles because I'm sure she loved to see people around her happy.

I've never met you, Brian, Guinness, or Bailey in person but I feel so devastated for all of you.

I just wanted to share a silly thing.. i'm not sure if you remember but onetime when we were chatting on AIM, you said something about Brian eating shredded cheese.. now, everytime I use/eat shredded cheese I think of you all. :p Silly, yes, but it always makes me giggle. ;)

{{HUGS}} to all of you.. and again, please, i'm only a PM away.

Canis Amicus
02-06-2005, 10:40 AM
Only now I came to this thread, I couldn't believe! I share your grieving.
Little, sweet angel, RIP.

Cincy'sMom
02-06-2005, 11:26 AM
I'm sorry I have not replied sooner, but I am so sorry for your loss. Dear Bailey will be missed, but will remain forever in our hearts.

I think volunteering for the shleter that saved her is a wonderful tribute. I have made a donation to them in her memory.

delidog
02-06-2005, 08:21 PM
I just Can't stop thinking of you & Dear Bailey...
I rememeber when you got her....

I am Soo Sorry for your Loss...
I know that words don't heal...

Just know that we are thinking of you...