PDA

View Full Version : Freshflow Cat fountain

Kristl
02-02-2005, 11:56 AM
Well, it arrived today, and we got it all set up. It didn't come with any instructions, so I had to figure it out on my own...it wasn't too hard. Thor and Mason love it. I don't think Angel's had a chance to check it out yet, but I'm sure she will soon. Of course the box was way more interesting...

catmandu
02-03-2005, 08:43 AM
The Found Cats,all love theirs,too,and I got it,for ten dollars,at the Animal Welfare Associaton Bazaar,a Great Place,for Cat Bargoons!

Kristl
02-03-2005, 09:24 AM
wow! $10!! that's a steal...mine was $19.99, but still not too terribly expensive!

sirrahbed
02-03-2005, 11:02 AM
My kitties all love their Freshflow and seem to drink more water than ever. I am so glad that we bought one - have had it about a year now. Quite a few of the PT kitties have them:)

ratchet22
02-03-2005, 03:23 PM
would love to see a picture of it :D

lady_zana
02-04-2005, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Kristl
wow! $10!! that's a steal...mine was $19.99, but still not too terribly expensive!

Ooh! Ooh! I must be the winner! I paid $30.00 for mine. It was a Christmas present to the cats.

I have a question about it, though. Mine makes a gurgle sound when the water gets low and doesn't seem to hold much water anymore. It worked fine when we got it. We changed the filter; are we doing something wrong?

catcrazylady
02-04-2005, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by lady_zana
Ooh! Ooh! I must be the winner! I paid $30.00 for mine. It was a Christmas present to the cats.

I have a question about it, though. Mine makes a gurgle sound when the water gets low and doesn't seem to hold much water anymore. It worked fine when we got it. We changed the filter; are we doing something wrong?

I don't think there is anything wrong with yours because mine does the same thing. I know when it starts doing that I have to add water. I found that my cats love it so much that it really increased their water intake which is a good thing! I don't think yours is not holding water but that the cats are drinking a lot more. If it was losing water it would be all over the floor.;) I do find that I have to remove the pump at least once a week and get the clogged up hair off of the vents. Of course I've got so many long haired cats that it happens quickly for me but you might want to check that if you think it's not working properly. As soon as I do that we are up and running full speed again.

catmandu
02-04-2005, 09:11 AM
Mine,has stopped working,too,and the water,doesnt flow any more ! HELP!!!

sirrahbed
02-04-2005, 10:50 AM
Mine also needs cleaning at least weekly because of the five cats. The area where the pump is - like CCL said - tends to accumulate gunk and hair. It always makes that gurgling sound when the water is low. I have noticed lately that I have to add LOTS of water each day - I think partly because they drink so much and partly because of the dry air from the heat. That fountain is also a humidifier for the air:rolleyes:

If it seems plugged - it likely needs a good cleaning and a new filter. That filter can clog enough that no water can get through. I am having to change mine about every two months.