PDA

View Full Version : Feliway: a timely coincidence or a miracle???

Cookiebaker
02-02-2005, 07:34 AM
As some of you may know, our booteeful girl, Marigold was spayed but still goes into heat. :( It's her time of year right now, and she's been yowling to high heavens, marking vertical surfaces :mad: and NOT a happy camper, while driving us up the wall at the same time.

I took Emerson to a new vet on Monday and while I was there, I asked her for a second opinion on Marigold. She basically confirmed what our other vet said, BUT she highly recommended the Feliway. I know I read about it a little bit here (in the context of relieving a stressful situation when adding a new cat), and decided to give it a try. I plugged it in on Monday evening, and by this morning, Marigold is almost a new cat. She is still in heat, but her symptoms are not nearly as bad as they were. I'm really thankful for this relief. :) So I'm really thinking that Felliway is a MIRACLE!! :D

catnapper
02-02-2005, 07:39 AM
Thats great! I am thinking I might get it for Pouncer when the fosters are here - here's not a happy camper either.

Poor Marigold. Did the vet say she'd do this her whole life, or do they evntually nauturally stop going into heat after a certain age (like humans do)

catmandu
02-02-2005, 08:36 AM
That helped,the Late Mr Scvrappy,quite,a bit,when his thyroid,was acting,up,and he was over grooming,all his Fur ,off,and it is a Very Good,and Helpful Product.

catmandu
02-02-2005, 08:37 AM
That,of course,should be Mr Scrappy,the sun,is shining,on the Monitor!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-02-2005, 09:36 AM
Great news for you and for Marigold!

I can't say whether the Feliway has worked at our house or not, but I'm not going to let them run out and find out. ;) If they aren't working, I'd hate to see how P & CJ interact without it! :eek: :rolleyes: ;) :D

ramanth
02-02-2005, 10:06 AM
Yay for Marigold!

I love Feliway. I used it when I introduced Logan to the household and Zam didn't beat the crap out of him like she did in days prior to Feliway.

Catsnclay
02-02-2005, 01:17 PM
We swear by Feliway here. Yoshi is my pee-boy and if one runs out, I can tell .....instantly!:eek: :rolleyes:

If you purchase them over the internet you can sometimes get good deals on the refills.

I have purchased them through Drs Foster & Smith's website, and also Petmeds.com

As a matter of fact we are running low.......better go shopping!

Kristl
02-02-2005, 01:40 PM
I've heard of that...what exactly does it do? Is it just a cat calmer or an all purpose anti-psycho kitty product?

Cookiebaker
02-02-2005, 01:42 PM
For the first time in three weeks, Marigold lay on the floor and let me give belly rubs, with head bumpies included as a bonus!! Whooo hooo!!

Kristl, it's a cat calmer. I guess it's an extract of the hormone that is found in their face, or something. It makes them feel warm & fuzzy inside. ;)

kimlovescats
02-02-2005, 03:37 PM
I never have tried this product, but with all the great testimonials here, I might just give it a go! Some of you may remember that my Harper can't come into the house very often (stays in the garage kennel area) because he has to 'christen' everything in sight! My question is this .... how long does it need to be turned on before it fills the air well enough to work? I don't want to bring him in too soon!!!:rolleyes: ;)