PDA

View Full Version : Bailey is still sick :(

Sevens
02-02-2005, 07:23 AM
First of all, I don't think she's gotten into anything. I've been spending all my time with her, even having her stay in the bathroom with me when I shower so I can watch her.

Last Friday, we finished up the prescription G/I dog food. Up until that point, she seemed much better, back to her old self. Then when I was just giving her the kibble I had always fed her, she refused to eat it. Saturday and Sunday she hardly ate anything. Her energy level was going way down. She would take Milkbones and pieces of cheese and water. Sunday nite I fed her a whole can of tuna. She kept it down.

Then on Monday, still ate no kibble. Drank a bowl of water, threw up the water. Monday nite, we went to the vet..she ate some treats and a tablespoon of G/I food. The vet said "She's fine, tough love, she's being finicky, she wants the expensive G/I food". Yesterday, she ate nothing, so I called and asked one of the vets when tough love changes to a vet visit. He said to feed her boiled chicken and rice and if she threw up at all, bring her in.

She ate the chicken and rice...then wouldn't eat any of it this morning, even refused tuna fish. And threw up. She was very lethargic. So, I have dropped her off at the vets for the day. Hopefully, they will call me soon and give me an idea of what's going on.

I hope that they just tell me she's being finicky. I wouldn't care about paying for two more weeks of G/I food. If I am going to do tough love, I'd rather she be as far away from that surgery she had as possible and strong as she could be.

Please pray for her that the vet says she'll be ok. Hugs to you all.

Stephanie

Cookiebaker
02-02-2005, 07:26 AM
Oh, Bailey , please feel better and please some food for your Mom! I'll keep you both in my thoughts, and hoping that things turn for the better!

{hugs}

TrixiesMom
02-02-2005, 08:09 AM
I don't think she's being finnicky..

They tried to tell me Trixie was being finnicky and it ended up being food allergies..

Logan
02-02-2005, 09:42 AM
I do hope that you can get some answers. Keep pushing the vet until they figure it out, and in the meantime, you and Bailey will continue to be in our prayers. :)

Logan

Sevens
02-02-2005, 09:46 AM
The vets called.
1. She was going into shock when I took her in, but I didn't know it. Her temp was up, her heart was racing, and she was weak. They took steps to keep her from going into total shock. If I hadn't taken her this morning, they said she would've been dead when I got home this evening.

2. Dr. Kuhn is not sure what's going on. She said in 16 yrs of practice, she's never had this happen.

3. They have her in surgery now. Could be necrotic (dead) tissue, a suture came loose (the ones in her intestines, a stricture (scar tissue making the intestinal passage smaller). She said the absolute worst she'd have to do is a re-section. Basically, take the small intestine, cut one end off, cut the other end off, take out the bad section then rejoin the stomach to the leftover healthier part of the intestine.

I asked the hard question, should I put Bailey to sleep? Dr. Kuhn was adamant that even in the state she came in this morning, she's still a good candidate for surgery. Dr. Kuhn is not in it for the money, cause she could charge me another $1000, but instead she quoted $500. So, I am going with her professional opinion.

I will update you as soon as I hear anything. Love to you all.

Stephanie

micki76
02-02-2005, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Sevens
3. They have her in surgery now. Could be necrotic (dead) tissue, a suture came loose (the ones in her intestines, a stricture (scar tissue making the intestinal passage smaller). She said the absolute worst she'd have to do is a re-section. Basically, take the small intestine, cut one end off, cut the other end off, take out the bad section then rejoin the stomach to the leftover healthier part of the intestine.

Poor Bailey. :( I have scar tissue that causes abdominal adhesions and certain foods can be very painful and some life threatening due to the smaller passageway in my intestine. I hope it's not that, and that it's something easily remedied.

Lexi_Lover
02-02-2005, 10:20 AM
OMG! How could I have missed this thread! Oh Bailey, please get better soon, you're fighting strong, keep it up! You sure are one amazing girl!:)

Prayers are on their way right to you!:( Please, please get better soon!

Love,
Lexi & Paula

vinjashira
02-02-2005, 10:28 AM
get well soon bailey!

luvofallhorses
02-02-2005, 01:47 PM
I just read your other thread :( and am in tears(((hugs))) did they do a biopsy to see what happened?