PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with the weather :(....

cloverfdx
02-02-2005, 01:21 AM
Yesterday it was so hot that we had a call to say we had to stop work and go home, that was about 1pm Tuesday. By 4pm Tuesday the temp had droped "Alot" . I woke up this morning to rain and extremly cold temps, it is currently very windy and yes raining. I thought this was suppose to be summer :(.

Wed, 2 Feb 2005

Min: na

Max: 15°

Rain.Windy.

And tomorrow is going to be the same......

Thu, 3 Feb 2005

Min: na

Max: 16°

Rain, windy.

Kind of poinless thread ;). Whats everyones weather like?

wolfsoul
02-02-2005, 01:54 AM
The climate's been crazy everywhere. :(

Usually Kelowna gets tons of snow in the winter, with fairly cold temperatures. The snow comes late in the year, and ends in March or even April. Well, our snow dissapeared at the beginning of January, and it isn't coming back. We've had very warm temperatures, above zero, which is very warm for this time of year. I've been able to go outside without a coat on.

I saw on the news that they saw some Arctic gull in Ontario that NEVER leaves the Arctic. Never. It just goes to show how much we are damaging our climate.

Edit: Forgot to mention the rainstorm we had in January. It practically never rains in Kelowna. We had almost twice the amount of rainfall we should have had. There was water everywhere.

Kater
02-02-2005, 01:55 AM
Rain, rain, rain. Lightning, lightning, lightning. Thunder, thunder, thunder. They have issued a "flood watch" until Wednesday. Our "winter weather" is usually just more rain than usual and this winter has been especially rainy. It doesn't exactly help that I live in a VALLEY.... ;)
However, Saturday was just BEAUTIFUL...so you never know with Hawaii. ;)
It's not nearly that cold here though! Brrrr! :(

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-02-2005, 05:37 AM
Belgium: rain, clouds, to warm for February.... . This is NOT good for our fruit-trees, they will start to bloom much to early, and then get frozen in March...:( :mad:

Kiia
02-02-2005, 09:32 AM
Actually it's been pretty good these past few days. Compared to -47C temperatures a few weeks ago this -15C feels warm. :p

PJ's Mom
02-02-2005, 09:59 AM
The groundhog saw his shadow this morning, so we get 6 more weeks of winter. :eek: ;)

Queen of Poop
02-02-2005, 10:06 AM
It's a beautiful day in Calgary today. Going to be 14oC later today. Was already 10oC when I got up at 5 am. However, by Sunday it will be -21oC. Winter is making a comeback, just as the last of the snow is disappearing.

Lexi_Lover
02-02-2005, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
The groundhog saw his shadow this morning, so we get 6 more weeks of winter. :eek: ;)

GREAT.................:rolleyes:

micki76
02-02-2005, 10:20 AM
It's been very typical for this time of year here. Cold & rainy one day, warmish & sunny the next. Highs vary between 40F and 60F and lows between 25F and 35F. We did have a few days in January that got up into the 70's. That was nice weather!

I'm so ready for spring and for all the trees & grass to green up and start blooming!

slleipnir
02-02-2005, 10:43 AM
It's really nice today, and warm! (-5 C) that's sad how I find that warm -_-! Suppose to be either cloudy, sunny or snowy for the week.

cali
02-02-2005, 10:49 AM
weird lol in one week we went from -52*C to +5*C lol

popcornbird
02-02-2005, 12:53 PM
The weather today is GORGEOUS!!!! Absolutely gorgeous. Its like the most perfect day of the year...seriously. Temperature is in the 60s, and we have a bright blue, clear sky, with a gorgeous sparkling sun. :D Not hot, not cold, sunny, PERFECT! It feels like spring today...:p

Tonya
02-02-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
The weather today is GORGEOUS!!!! Absolutely gorgeous. Its like the most perfect day of the year...seriously. Temperature is in the 60s, and we have a bright blue, clear sky, with a gorgeous sparkling sun. :D Not hot, not cold, sunny, PERFECT! It feels like spring today...:p

Yes! It has been beautiful here too. It has really helped me with my mood. Even with everything going on, I can't help but be happy with sunshine. I have all of my curtains and windows open right now. I was just about to type that it is in it's 70's, but hubby says I'm pregnant and crazy. (I'm hot all the time now.) I just looked it up, it's actually only 50F. lol. Weather.com says the high has been 62F.

Kristl
02-02-2005, 02:25 PM
It's really nice today, 39 F. Yesterday it was a little colder, but not too bad, but today is SUNNY! Yep, can't wait til summer. Love those 80 degree days!!!!

cloverfdx
02-02-2005, 07:39 PM
The groundhog saw his shadow this morning, so we get 6 more weeks of winter.

:eek: I was wondering how Groundhog day went.

lol i have to laugh when people say that - 5c is warm, the coldest we get is about -3c in the middle of Winter. Also i have noticed the leaves are starting to change colour and some have even started to fall. Autum is so beautiful.

It is interesting to see that it is not only our weather being crazy ;).

Lexi_Lover
02-02-2005, 07:42 PM
Nevermind about the Groundhog day, today Willy DIDN'T see his shadow, I don't know if you have a different groundhog then us, but we have an EARLY SPRING! :D

Chica
02-02-2005, 08:41 PM
Hello,
So. Cal. is warm and sunny this week. :D The Weather changes week to week. ;) It has been in the 70's.:confused: I'm enjoying it and so is CHICA!:D http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/chica1/Pink_rose.gif