PDA

View Full Version : What have I gotten myself into?! lol

zippy-kat
08-24-2001, 12:47 AM
I'm bwerry, bwerry, nervous!

This Wednesday/Thursday I will be trying out for the university equstrain team! :eek:

I will be trying out for hunt seat as well as western. It's been FOREVER since I've done hunt seat!

AHHHH! Very nervous! lol

Gio
08-24-2001, 06:43 AM
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!

TheAntiPam
08-24-2001, 10:52 AM
Good luck with the tryouts! How great to have a chance to work with animals during such an important period of your life!

The closest to an equestrian team that my college had was a bunch of fraternity boys on snomobiles... just not the same! ;)

zippy-kat
08-24-2001, 03:37 PM
LOL

Thanks for the well-wishes guys! I appreciate it!

Pet Talk will be one of the first to know what happens! ;)

Daisy's Mom
08-24-2001, 03:55 PM
I think that's awesome! I hope you make it in. Good luck! Daisy has her paws crossed and my fingers are crossed also. You can do it!

zippy-kat
08-29-2001, 06:44 PM
Wellllll...

I tried out today. I have a feeling I didn't do so great. :(

I'll know on Friday whether or not I made the team.

Daisy's Mom
08-30-2001, 12:10 AM
Aw, I bet you did great! I hope you get in! Let us know right away.

zippy-kat
09-01-2001, 10:37 PM
Well, I didn't make it. :(

However, congrats to those who did and I wish you the best of luck! ;)

tatsxxx11
09-02-2001, 09:27 AM
Dear Zippy, just by competing you are a true winner! It's only those who don't give a try who are the losers!! I say congratulations to you! And I'm sure there are many more competitions and successes in your future! Love, Sandra

zippy-kat
09-02-2001, 02:06 PM
Thank you Sandra! You've brightened my day!

I figured if I didn't make it, I'd be really bummed, but I'm ok with it. (Ok, so I did hit the Ben & Jerry's when I got home--but after that I was fine! lol ;) )

Anyways, thank you very very much for your compliment!!

Daisy's Mom
09-03-2001, 12:26 AM
LOL you took the news like every real woman should: with a smile and a gallon of ice cream! Haha, you go girl ;) And even if you didn't make it, I respect you for having the guts to try out! When I was a freshman I auditioned for a very hard-to-get-into chorus and I didn't make it in... so I grabbed some ice cream!!! I vowed to never audition again... but the next year I did, and I made it in! So maybe next year? :) Anyway, it was a great try! And we love ya anyway :)

zippy-kat
09-03-2001, 01:44 AM
No...no next yr for me. :( I'm in my sr yr of college!! :D

(and it was only a pint..."A waist is a terrible thing to mind!" ;) )

[ September 03, 2001: Message edited by: zippy-kat ]