PDA

View Full Version : Swimming Booties for the dogs?

Aspen and Misty
02-01-2005, 08:32 PM
At my new house (we are moving) we are going to have a pool. Right now, thankfully it is frozen right now. I opened the porch door and Connor and Nova pushed past me and went out onto the pool! :eek: They scared me half to death!

Anyway, when the pool is un-frozen, I would like the three dogs to be able to swim in it. I know that Connor and Nova love to swim and Luke doesn't mind it. However, we have an above ground pool with linning that I'm afreid will rip.

I was told that I could buy special water booties for the dogs. I have a pair of normal running booties for them but is there a special kind you have to buy?

Thanx a buch!
Ash

Kfamr
02-01-2005, 08:37 PM
I'd think these :
http://www.wheelchairsfordogs.com/accessories.html
would be best for swimming booties. Or atleast they look good! :p

Aspen and Misty
02-01-2005, 08:43 PM
LOL!!

THank you Kay! Those look exactly like the ones I have but mine were cheaper because they were on sale :D

Are the dogs going to swim in your pool?

Ash

Kfamr
02-01-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty

Are the dogs going to swim in your pool?

Ash

I'm going to try! I doubt Simba would want anything to do with it, but the girls might jump in if i'm in.

Aspen and Misty
02-01-2005, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I'm going to try! I doubt Simba would want anything to do with it, but the girls might jump in if i'm in.

Is it above or below? If it's above are you worried about them ripping the linning?

Both of mine LOVE to swim. Connor is the one who really loves it though!! I'm hopeing with some treats and encouragment I can get Luke into the pool. He has some arthrits that swimming will help with.

Ashley

Kfamr
02-01-2005, 09:14 PM
It's going to be below.

We had an above pool before, and I brought Simba into it before. He ripped the lining. I wouldn't advise it personally, especially since if it's really bad, replacing the liner is a pain in the @$$!

Aspen and Misty
02-01-2005, 09:20 PM
Lucky you! I wish we had a below ground pool :)

Thanx, my dad might build the dog's stair so that they know they can get out of it and hopefully won't scratch the sides.

Ashley

Lexi_Lover
02-02-2005, 10:35 AM
I also have an above-ground pool that is attached to our deck, so we have a walk-in staircase, Lexi stands on the first step and then jumps in (sometimes) ;) She hasn't ripped the liner, but its because she knows where to get out, if she does head for teh side we just say, "Lexi, stairs" and she turns around to go to the stairs!

If you are serious about buying booties you can go to: www.neopaws.com

I think there are some booties there that are waterproof and all-terrain;)