PDA

View Full Version : Animal Cruelty Update

DejaVu
02-01-2005, 07:34 PM
Okay everyone, I know some of you were wanting to know the outcome of this. I finally got in touch with the animal shelter today. The came out... and did nothing.
Neighbors said they feed the dog a cup and a half of food every morning and that the dog always knocks over his water. The animal control man just told them that they need to make sure that things get under control and to clean things up. I am angry. If this were New York of any other state, action would probably have been taken.

Glacier
02-01-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by DejaVu
If this were New York of any other state, action would probably have been taken.

Sadly, probably not. I suspect the outcome would have been the same just about anywhere.

Maybe they'll get their act together now that someone has come out...maybe......

DejaVu
02-01-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Glacier
Sadly, probably not. I suspect the outcome would have been the same just about anywhere.

Maybe they'll get their act together now that someone has come out...maybe......

Well, I know that in NY, animal cruelty isn't taken lightly.

Corinna
02-01-2005, 10:00 PM
new York must be a lot different than the rest of the states.

lute
02-02-2005, 12:00 PM
i hope they clean stuff up. is there a way you can contact the ASPCA and see if they can do something?

lv4dogs
02-03-2005, 10:24 AM
i live in NY, upstate NY, and have lived in lots of other places too, I find that it is just about like any other state.

All they would of done here is the same, give a warning telling them to get their act together & re-check in 24 hours to see if a new no tip water dish was provided, area was cleaned up a bit (only if there was feces around) and thats it.
NY's policy is as long as the animal is not in their own feces, has food, water & shelter they can't do anything.

It's might sad, but I am afraid NY would not bee any better for this pup.