PDA

View Full Version : How Could You!!!

LuvinMyAussieBoy
02-01-2005, 06:18 PM
This is a poem I got from an Australian Shepherd Rescue that I was going to adopt from, it is a very sad poem so I do warn those people that tear up VERY easily, it gets very emotional! I cried after the very first stanza:(

This is the URL as it is a VERY long story/poem, a man paid $7000 to put this in a newspaper!:)Just goes to show what people will do to make their voice heard!

How Could You (http://tegeirian.homestead.com/How.html)

GraciesMommy
02-01-2005, 06:32 PM
That was heart wrenching. I couldnt even make it all the way thru it ...

Vette
02-01-2005, 06:54 PM
I knew i shouldnt have read that. i dont think ive cried so much in my life. but i must admit im not sorry i read that. its comforting to know someone really cares out there.

i think ill add that link to my webpage when i collect myself.

cyber-sibes
02-01-2005, 07:02 PM
I just got done wiping tears from my eyes...God bless this gentleman for his thoughtfulness and generosity in publishing it and offering it to all of us. I wish this would get posted at the entrance to every pet store and pound- something for people to think about before they make a hasty decision because "he was just sooooo cute!".

Lexi_Lover
02-02-2005, 08:23 AM
I couldn't stop crying from this story!:( Its in the end where I get very emotional! I feel so sorry for that poor dog, even if it was just a "story a.k.a Pretend dog"

IRescue452
02-02-2005, 09:43 AM
I think we should post that in all newspapers, maybe people will abandon their pets less. I used to volunteer at the humane society in my town before moving. I remember some of the horrible reasons people gave up their pets. We had a dog come in once because she didn't match the new furniture that the people bought and everyday people bring in their older dogs in exchange for a new puppy (we never adopt out animals to people who bring them in but they go get a puppy somewhere else). It's heartbreaking work. I would never move to a place that doesn't allow the whole family. You want anymore tears go to puppymillrescue.com and read the poems they have. Fortunately in our area we don't have pet stores that sell puppies, but where I go to college there are stores that do. I wish I could hand out these poems to everybody.

LuvinMyAussieBoy
02-02-2005, 11:15 AM
Those are horrible reasons to give up a dog, because your fur doesn't match my furniture:rolleyes:I agree, we shoudl post that in all newspapers and like cyber-sibes said we should post it in every door of the humane soceity and pet store, it will cause people to stop and think for a moment about what some animals are going through!

I'm gonna print some off right now!

TrixiesMom
02-02-2005, 12:41 PM
I've read that before, and every time I do, I go hug Trixie (and I hugged Chakita when I had her.. ) and I tell her how lucky we both are, I'll never let anyone hurt her, and she is my sole reason for living..

.. and I think I'll go do that again right now..

Dixieland Dancer
02-02-2005, 12:46 PM
It is so heart breaking because it is so true. How anyone can give up a loyal friend like that is beyond my wildest imagination. :(