PDA

View Full Version : Stardrunks?

Uabassoon
02-01-2005, 06:13 PM
Starbucks is currently testing a new product in connection with Jim Bean, a coffee liqeur that is supposed to be available in March.

It seems that people in the test cities are outraged because they feel that it is luring kids to drink. I think it's kind of silly, but that's just me. It would be one thing if this was sold in the actual Starbucks store, but it will only be sold in liqour stores.

Here's the link www.stardrunks.com

Kfamr
02-01-2005, 06:34 PM
Why don't people just focus on watching their kids?

dukedogsmom
02-01-2005, 07:24 PM
Teens will drink if they want, no matter what. Also, I love Starbucks coffee! I'm so tired of all the "parents" expecting everyone else to do their job(teachers, police, businesses,etc.) The world is not a babysitter, nor should it have to be.

micki76
02-01-2005, 07:34 PM
LOL, I don't think kids need Starbucks to lure them to drink. Peer pressure can do that much more effectively. :rolleyes:

Kfamr
02-01-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by micki76
LOL, I don't think kids need Starbucks to lure them to drink. Peer pressure can do that much more effectively. :rolleyes:

Really.

Even so, if a teen is going to drink it's not going to be because Starbucks has an alcoholic drink in their name, they already had the intentions of drinking in the first place. It's like saying a kid playing a violent video game caused him to kill someone.

Like Valerie said, people need to stop thinking that the world is their babysitter.

sirrahved
02-01-2005, 08:31 PM
It is luring me to drink, but then again I am of age...

Where's my beer?

Uabassoon
02-01-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by sirrahved
It is luring me to drink, but then again I am of age...

Where's my beer?

LOL same here, I'm not a big drinker but I do like tasting new things. I really want to try it when it comes out. I'm not much for beer though, it tastes yucky.

sirrahved
02-01-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
LOL same here, I'm not a big drinker but I do like tasting new things. I really want to try it when it comes out. I'm not much for beer though, it tastes yucky.

I'll toast to that;)

Seriously, though, coffee flavored liquor is one of my favorites. Even though I'm not a Starbucks fan (being an employee of a local coffee house) I'll have to keep my eye out for that!