PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing for Valentines Day?

NoahsMommy
02-01-2005, 05:26 PM
What are your plans??

I think I'm going to throw a dinner party with a few friends and David. I don't see why this holiday has to be about a significant other, it should be about everyone you love. :)

What about you??

slick
02-01-2005, 05:31 PM
It's a work day for me.....so I'll work my butt off and go home and hug the kitties. That's it!

I don't see why this holiday has to be about a significant other, it should be about everyone you love.
I've always thought that. Not only that, but if you love someone, why not show them how much ALL YEAR instead of just one day.:confused:
Honestly, I really don't like Valentine's Day that much. It's just another way for the retailers to make big bucks. It's all become way to commercialized for my liking....just like Christmas.

Uabassoon
02-01-2005, 05:35 PM
Alexa and I aren't doing anything too fancy, she's going to make me a nice dinner and I'll bring her some roses, then maybe we'll go out for ice cream. We both agreed that we wanted to do something nice but nothing too big because we think it's kind of silly to go out and spend all that money and deal with waiting 2 hours for a table at a decent restraunt just because it's Feb 14.

Christiansmommy
02-01-2005, 05:40 PM
Not sure yet. We have a little 3 year old skin kid...so we may put him to bed early, and order in chinese food or something...

I pack my hubby's lunch most days, so I will put a card in it, and some chocolates too...

I may run to his friend's house, who he works with and give him the card and chocolates, so he can put them on my hubby's desk for me, before he gets to work that day...might be a nice little surprise...

slleipnir
02-01-2005, 05:47 PM
Doing nothing.

Tollers-n-Dobes
02-01-2005, 05:54 PM
I never do anything on Valentines. It's just a normal day for my family and I:)

Samantha Puppy
02-01-2005, 06:09 PM
My husband and I are going to an exclusive resort the Saturday before. For our wedding, his boss gave us a gift certificate for a "Spa Jacuzzi Romance" package and this place so we figured we'd use it for Valentine's Day. We'll be in their top suite, get massages and breakfast in bed the next morning.

I. can't. wait.

bluekat
02-01-2005, 07:09 PM
Doing nothing either..*sighs* :p

Sirrahsim
02-01-2005, 07:21 PM
My sweet hubby and I have reservations for the big "Sweetheart Special" dinner on the Saturday beforehand at our club. It's really a splurge, and heaven only knows what I'll wear with my ever-expanding frame, but it should be fun:)
There is going to be a live Jazz Band and "tableside magic":) I can't wait!

edit: grammar, I need to go back to college :p

GraciesMommy
02-01-2005, 07:23 PM
Think we have decided on an Italian restaurant. I love Valentines day

Amber
02-01-2005, 07:51 PM
nothing at all...i'll be alone at home, because my parents are going out to dinner, and my brother will be out with his girl friend & friends.

oh wellers!

aly
02-01-2005, 09:52 PM
http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/ups/layla_phoenix/heartpump.gif Josh and I are celebrating on the 13th (Sunday). We're not going to do much though. Just hang out and go out for a nice dinner. On Monday, we're going out to eat at Fuddruckers. http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/otn/love/smlove2.gif

Kristl
02-01-2005, 09:55 PM
Probably nothing...last year we went somewhere...can't remember where. Hopefully something fun!;)

PJ's Mom
02-01-2005, 10:06 PM
We're not doing anything this year. Since we're going to Vegas next month, we need to save all our pennies. :D

Kater
02-01-2005, 10:16 PM
I have an exam! Oh joy! :rolleyes:
I know my parents are going out in the evening...but I'll probably just stay home and study.
I'll have to fit some high quality dark chocolate in there somewhere though...*shhh* ;)

micki76
02-01-2005, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by aly
On Monday, we're going out to eat at Fuddruckers. http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/otn/love/smlove2.gif

Don't try to say that when you're drunk or sleepy! :p

CathyBogart
02-01-2005, 11:09 PM
It depends on the financial situation, but we might take two days off work and get a hotel room by the beach. Not so much because it's Valentine's Day as we both need a break badly, and V-day is as good an excuse as any!

krazyaboutkatz
02-01-2005, 11:23 PM
It will just be an ordinary day for me. I'll work and then come home to my furkids.

K9karen
02-01-2005, 11:31 PM
John and I are 2 old (literally and figuratively :D ) romantics all year so it's hard to say. Chances are I'll have an excuse to eat more chocolate than I normally do, which is everyday.

tomkatzid
02-01-2005, 11:39 PM
It's a Monday. We will both be working the night shift :-(
Katz

shais_mom
02-01-2005, 11:47 PM
working
Just like every year!

My Peanuts
02-02-2005, 12:14 AM
Tim (my boyfriend) and I are going to a nice dinner with another couple on the 13th because we couldn't get reservations for the 14th :p. Since my V-day is the 13th I told him to tell his sister and brother-in-law that we can watch their kids and they can go out for V-day :). There kids are 3 years and six months, so that should be fun ;)

cloverfdx
02-02-2005, 01:09 AM
Working until 3pm and then hanging out with friends, we will probably do what we did last year which was DVDs and a few drinks :D. Unless something happens between now and then, although i doubt i would ditch my friends that night ;).

Tina
02-02-2005, 08:32 AM
More then likely nothing... we never do on Valentines Day.:( That is ok I may make a nice dinner for us. And try get the kids to bed early.:)

Kiia
02-02-2005, 09:29 AM
We'll get each other a card and we'll make a nice fancy dinner on Saturday night. We both work on Monday and will be too tired when we get in to make a fancy meal. We've got too many bills that came in to go to a restaurant this year. Besides, cooking together is alot of fun, I enjoy that more. :)

joycenalex
02-02-2005, 07:18 PM
this will be our first valentines' day together. we'll have dinner on sunday afternoon at cap city diner, since we both love it, then likely see a movie later that evening. i have monday off, but i've got a list of chores to do. oh yeah, flowers will be delievered on friday, cause everyone else will get them on monday. ;)

catnapper
02-02-2005, 07:47 PM
Chances are hubby and I won't do much special. We very well might have the house to ourselves while the kids go out with their dates, so we might slip out and go to the $1 movie theater. I caught him looking at roses online the other day and told him to stop it! We don't have the money for roses right now. I'd happier if he gave me a bag of kitten food or cat litter wrapped in a red ribbon right now! :D

CalliesMom
02-02-2005, 08:13 PM
Jason will probably cook a nice meal and we'll watch movies or something...actually I take that back. It's a Monday so I'll probably be at work until 8 PM and he'll have homework :rolleyes: I can't wait to graduate!!

Buddy Blaze Lover
02-03-2005, 11:31 AM
Nothing in particular.;)

Cookiebaker
02-03-2005, 12:08 PM
Going SNOWMOBILING!!! We are staying overnight 2 nights in a really nice hotel, and snowmobiling for 2 days. We did this last year, and enjoyed it, so so so much!! :)

Logan
02-03-2005, 12:38 PM
If all goes according to plan, we're going to have 9 people all weekend, before Valentine's Day, in our home. I think I will be so exhausted that I will want to sleep! :D Actually, on "the day", Scott will be out of town, so I told Helen that she and could be "Valentines" and we will do something fun for dinner, together, while our "low carb" guy is out of town. :D

Rio and Me
02-03-2005, 02:35 PM
Sighs, avoid friends with boyfriends, stay in with the dogs.
nothing worse than being the odd one out on Valentines day.

Ky

BitsyNaceyDog
02-03-2005, 03:09 PM
We'll both be working that day, so we won't be doing anything special. We'll probably go out to eat on the 13th.
Anyway Justin is spending enough money on me this month. Last weekend he was at Best Buy with a friend and he bought me the season 1 Gilmore Girls boxed set (he had gotten me season 2 for Christmas when he couldn't find season 1). He also bought me What's Eating Gilbert Grape. Also this weekend he's taking me to see Kay.

christa
02-03-2005, 07:31 PM
We're gonna celebrate on the Saturday before (12th). Dinner & a movie are always a good combo . . . I have already said that I want to see Hitch (with Will Smith & Kevin James) as our "Valentine date movie".

chrangharris
02-04-2005, 07:26 PM
DH and I celebrate Valentine's from Feb 1-14. We hide a little gift each day around the house for the other to find. We are only allowed to spend $20 for the whole 2 weeks so you have to get creative. It's a lot of fun to give and find the gifts!

petslover
02-04-2005, 07:48 PM
I don't have plans so I will be sitting at home lol like always lol!

chrangharris-- what do you do for 14 days? That is an awesome idea.

chrangharris
02-05-2005, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by petslover

chrangharris-- what do you do for 14 days? That is an awesome idea.

We got the idea from our premarital counselor-we changed it a bit to fit us! It's normally little things we give. For example, one night DH got a new toy for our bedroom. ;) The next day I bought him a bottle of bubbles with a note saying "I'm bubbles over you". The next day I took sticky notes and wrote 1 letter on each note and hid the notes over the house. When he collected all the notes, it spelled "I love you". The next day, I found a puzzle (he loves puzzles) with a beautiful scene on it. We've been talking about a vacation home so I put a note that said this is the view from our future vacation home. He is also going to get a framed picture of Misha and a framed picture of us as a family for his office. One day, I'm going to have Misha paint handprints onto a shirt for him. One night he is going to get a foot massage. I have several other ideas- some are racy, some are sweet, some are cute.

DH normally leaves me a little love note somewhere with a few pieces of my favorite candy next to it. I get more into it then he does but he still takes the time to write me something special!

Kfamr
02-05-2005, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by KBlaix
Also this weekend he's taking me to see Kay.

He better bring a large sum of money, it's expensive just to see me for 5 minutes.

pitc9
02-05-2005, 09:42 AM
Since my hubby is some 2200 miles away in Las Vegas... I'll make some steaks at home and share them with the pups!

I packed up a box of goodies and put them in the mail to him yesterday. I even found a little GSD holding a tiny heart in his paws that says "Sweetie" I still have to get the pups paw prints on a card and send to him too!

kt_luvs_kitties
02-05-2005, 01:42 PM
Up until today, me and hubby were planning on taking 2 days and going to the mountains. Probably having a nice dinner and just relaxing together since we dont see each other much (he drives a 18 wheeler). But his boss told him today he can not come home until March 1st.
SO... Probably not much unless something changes.
He already gave me a huge box of chocolate, and a Valentines card, and a rose with bubble bath salts. And $40.00 to buy this workout outfit I wanted. So I guess that is probably most of my presents. I would give them all up so we could atleast see each other on Valentines day. Wishful thinking I guess....

manda_moo87
02-05-2005, 02:12 PM
Don't have any plans.
Probably will just sit at home and watch a few romantic movies. :p

Fox-Gal
02-05-2005, 02:57 PM
Nothing, this year. :(

Husband has a 3 day auto cross meet, out of town and I have to stay here to care for the pets. First time I have ever missed him race, so I'll be home bitting my finger nails and pacing floors.

BCBlondie
02-05-2005, 03:27 PM
I think I have to go to work... and I'm wearing all black. :D Woohoo!!

Then I'm going to take some cookies from work, and do homework at home while watching movies or whatever is on TV. :D

Sweet Sixy
02-06-2005, 08:28 PM
I don't really know what we're doing....unfortunatly with our current work situations we're back to being an hour apart from each other during the week. It sounds like he may come "suprise" me on Tuesday, which is his day off.....we'll see...

lisalee
02-06-2005, 08:51 PM
I will be spending Valentine's Day at home with my two sweethearts, my boyfriend and Sash. :)

mei
02-07-2005, 04:12 AM
Nothing at all,my boyfriend at home and I am in Beijing:(

Laura's Babies
02-07-2005, 09:35 AM
Hummmm.... I think I am going to go buy myself something CHOCOLATE!!

luvofallhorses
02-07-2005, 11:04 AM
I am going to be waiting for my friend's hubby to call when she is out of surgery and how she is doing. Other than that,I am going to spend time with my furkids:D and my parents.

lizzielou742
02-07-2005, 01:43 PM
Um, I was hoping my bf would have romantic plans for me, but it's becoming clear to me that he has nothing planned. I bet we'll end up doing nothing.

Guys, WHY is it so hard to try and be halfway romantic ONE TIME in a friggin' year???? :(