PDA

View Full Version : Jenny Has a home!

animal_rescue
02-01-2005, 02:56 PM
Jenny, a foster I thought we were going to keep has a new home. I'm happy for her but still very sad. It's good she's going to a new home though, our cats can be very nasty to her for no reason and in her new home she'll be an only pet with an older lady up in Michigan. I'm sad because I really liked her, she's very different from my other cats, she stalks flip flops, sleeps in the sink, and loves to kneed stomachs. I'm going to miss her so much, I just hope her new home is good for her. She isn't leaving until after the 18th though because she's getting declawed.

PayItForward
02-01-2005, 04:08 PM
I have PM'd you too.

Please don't get Jenny declawed, it is a painful and pointless operation and she could develop biting or weeing problems :(

There are plenty of people here including me who can help you train her without a declawing operation.

Please let her keep her claws.

kuhio98
02-01-2005, 04:15 PM
While I'm happy that she has a home -- I hope you will re-think getting her declawed. Do you know that declawing has been outlawed in some countries (and some cities in the US?) It is so unecessary.

Please do some research on declawing. Warning, some of these photos are graphic.
http://declaw.lisaviolet.com/

http://www.declawing.com/htmls/outlawed.htm

ratchet22
02-01-2005, 04:29 PM
Wow :( what a horrible thing. I am glad I got to take a look at the web page you provided. I will Never have one declawed after seeing that. Though I do know some people will not adopt a cat unless its declawed :( And I have a freind who had 2 declawed because the adopter had to have it. And she said she would never do it again and felt terrible.

caseysmom
02-01-2005, 04:38 PM
I went through 4 sofas with my rb gigi...I just couldn't bring myself to declaw her....

animal_rescue
02-01-2005, 05:07 PM
Well it's not our choice, it's her new owner's choice.

PayItForward
02-01-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by animal_rescue
Well it's not our choice, it's her new owner's choice.
Any person who insists on declawing is either uneducated regarding declawing or a very poor excuse for a cat owner.

Please try to educate the owners and explain the problems, I'll even buy them a scratching post if they promise not to declaw her.

If they won't look after a full cat with claws, what will happen if Jenny starts weeing on the sofa or biting the new owners ...will she still have a home for life :(

Just remember 60% of the cats are the shelter are in there due to developing behavioural problems following a declawing operation. I don't want Jenny to be in a shelters cage with the other declawed cats.

I would try talking to the new owners first many people change their mind once they understand what they are risking, if they won't change their minds I would cancel the adoption and find a new home for her.

animal_rescue
02-01-2005, 05:27 PM
Honestly I can't do anything, I'm not trying to make my mom out to be the bad guy, but I can't get her to listen to me about not letting the lady declaw Jenny. I'm sorry, really I am. I did look at the sites and read them.

ratchet22
02-01-2005, 05:33 PM
can you go back to that web site, and maybe print off some of the stuff and give it toyour mom? Or maybe even the new owner........

PayItForward
02-02-2005, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by animal_rescue
Honestly I can't do anything, I'm not trying to make my mom out to be the bad guy, but I can't get her to listen to me about not letting the lady declaw Jenny. I'm sorry, really I am. I did look at the sites and read them.
Sorry I didn't realise you were a minor.

There is a limit to what you can do to help the situation, if your mum won't listen, there is no solution for poor Jenny.

Some cats don't have behavioural problems following declawing operation (though many cats do), so lets look on the bright side and hope Jenny falls into this catergory.

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-02-2005, 08:09 AM
I am sorry you cannot do anything to prevent this:( . It is useless, painful, and real torture... . I wish that Jenny found another better home.....

catmandu
02-02-2005, 08:16 AM
Three Found Cat Cheers,for Jenny,and Bless You,for helping her,when she needed you,the Most!