PDA

View Full Version : Riding again

slleipnir
01-14-2002, 02:43 PM
Looks like I'll be going riding again for the 1st time in quite a while in about 20 mins. I fell off a while ago, my horse spooked into a full gallop then stoped and went the other way. I flew into the wall and my back hit the ledge. It HURT, i couldn't even really walk after, when i 1st hit the ground i though i had broken my back, cause i couldn't move. After about a month, i stopped riding. I'm chicken to go back but i'm trying anyway, i hope the same horse too.

tatsxxx11
01-14-2002, 03:16 PM
Good for you!!! :) Hope this time it's a smooth ride. I know how much you love to ride. Let us know how it goes!! Fingers crossed!

slleipnir
01-15-2002, 06:57 PM
Thanks Sandra :] It went a lot better then I thought :] Once I got back on I wasn't really nervous anymore, until John pointed out it's winding and to shorten up the reins because they could spook. I got over it thankfully. I rode Dino, (the horse that threw me) and hope to get comfortable on him, once I get that, I'm sure I'll be good as before. I can't believe I can still post! :eek:

purrley
01-16-2002, 07:16 AM
So glad to hear you got back on again:) Several years ago I fell off a horse - not bucked off, just fell off. Tried to keep the horse from going in the barn by hanging on to the barn roof - I slid right off the back end. What a long way down:eek: . Never did get back on - I love horses, but I prefer to admire them from the ground:p

zippy-kat
01-16-2002, 07:46 AM
I'm going riding this afternoon ~ quite nervous too!
I'm tryin' out for the equstrian team!!

slleipnir
01-16-2002, 11:09 AM
Purrley, thanks. After I fell off I told myself to get back up, but I was in so much pain I couldn't really do it. The next week I rode a different horse, so maybe thats why I never did get back into it. All I know is my butt is very VERY sore. You never know, maybe you'll get back on someday too! I like just watching their grace too, so I know how that is :p

Zippy, do you own a horse?? good luck with the team!

jennifert
01-16-2002, 11:22 AM
Audrey, I'm so proud of you for getting back on!! I'm glad it went well. Stick with it!!
Zippy, you're probably napping right now ;) but good luck with the team! I would love to get back into riding but I can't afford ti right now! SOMEDAY...

slleipnir
01-16-2002, 12:31 PM
Jennifer, thanks! I'm hoping I do stick with it this time. I love horses and riding. It's a lot of work riding, I forgot it was that much work. I guess i'm out of shape :[ Oh well, gonna start going out on the weekends and help John around with stalls or w/e needs done. Hope you get back into it someday too!