PDA

View Full Version : Maude

robinh
01-31-2005, 05:02 PM
At the shelter where I volunteer, I've been taking care of Maude-she, her brother and momma are still there after several years and was considered a permanent resident. We found out less than a month ago that Maude had lymphoma. The vet gave her less than three months to live. We've been cooking special meals to tempt her appetite since then, since she wasn't eating well.

Today, the volunteers found that Maudie had thrown up a great deal of blood. The shelter manager took her to the vet and they said the cancer had spread much quicker than was expected. The only thing the vet could do would be to make her comfortable, but there was no hope of anything better. The decision was made to end Maude's suffering.

RIP Sweet Maude! Say hello to Peach - she'll show you the ropes.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid156/pa06533f006ef5710cf8faf5cb4da63ac/f545d004.jpg

Thanks to all the volunteers for taking care of her and to JoAnn (shelter manager) for continually caring so much for these wonderful creatures and letting her heart be so open to pain each and every time some difficult decision has to be made.
:o

KYS
02-01-2005, 09:40 AM
RIP Sweet girl!

Lexi_Lover
02-01-2005, 10:02 AM
Oh sweet, sweet Maude!

You are pain free and have all the food you will like now that you are at the RB! Everybody cares so much about you! Give us a sign that you are so very happy!

R.I.P Maude:(

cloverfdx
02-02-2005, 12:47 AM
How heartbreaking :(. I am so sorry, Maude was a gorgeous girl. Play nicely at the RB dear Maude.

:(

slick
02-02-2005, 07:49 AM
Just look at the beautiful facie. The RB has certainly gained a beautiful angel pup. RIP sweet Maude. You were loved here on earth.

K9soul
02-03-2005, 11:08 AM
Rest in peace, sweet gentle Maude. :( You are happy and healthy at the bridge now, no more pain for you sweetheart.

Sudilar
02-10-2005, 07:24 AM
What a beautiful girl you were, Maude. Play painfree at RB now. Hugs to you all.