PDA

View Full Version : Might have helped a sweet girl to her forever home...

Kfamr
01-31-2005, 04:53 PM
My mom and I visited the Humane Society today.

My mother's friends have been wanting a Beagle for a while.. They volunteer at a Beagle Rescue sometimes.

Well, today there was this sweet girl named Lucy, a 7 year old beagle girl. She was soooo sweet, gentle, and she sat there and wagged her tail and butt the whole time.

We called my mom's friends right when we got home, and she said that she's going to call her husband to meet her up there. :D

Lucy has these "skin flaps" (?) under her left eye. My mother's friend said that their RB Beagle, BJ, has the same exact thing under the left eye.

I'm hoping they're going to get this sweet girl... :D :D

Oh, and I wanted to add.. This sweet boy was there(among many)...

He stole my heart. His name is Zone and he's a 2 year old track rescue.
He was sooo sweet. He stuck his long Grey nose between the cage and just sat it there, and while I was petting him he lifted his paw and put it on my hand. I wish I could bring him home.
http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/FL185/FL185.3878196-1-x.jpg

Isn't he handsome? :)

aly
01-31-2005, 05:03 PM
Awwww, what a sweet story! Please keep us updated on the sweet Beagle girl.

Zone just breaks my heart. I hope he finds a home soon :(

cyber-sibes
01-31-2005, 06:16 PM
Zone is one handsome boy! I'm sure he'll get a good home, as friendly as he sounds. I hope your friends take a liking to the little beagle girl and take her home - it always breaks my heart to hear about older dogs needing homes.

micki76
01-31-2005, 06:29 PM
Cool!! Keep us updated! I wanna know if they get her. :)

Kfamr
01-31-2005, 06:47 PM
My mother's friend wasn't able to get down the Humane Society, because she had some things in the oven and stuff going on at home. BUT, when she called her husband he said "Forget it, I'm going!"

Still waiting to hear back from them. :D

K9soul
01-31-2005, 06:55 PM
That's wonderful news! I sure hope they get that sweet girl.

And Zone.. What I'd give to be his furever home :(. What a beautiful boy. I wish so much we were at a point where we could add another family member now.

KYS
01-31-2005, 06:57 PM
I hope they both find a loving home.

Not many people will adopt an older dog.
Keep us updated if your friends take her.
Fingers cross that it's a match.

sittingprettier
01-31-2005, 10:00 PM
That always makes you feel like it was a good day!

pitc9
01-31-2005, 10:06 PM
Woopie!!! I hope everything works out for the beagle boy!
Let us know!!!

ramanth
02-01-2005, 08:36 AM
I hope they rescue that beagle! :D And Zone is so handsome. I hope he finds a new home soon.

micki76
02-01-2005, 08:48 AM
Any news?? :D

Kfamr
02-01-2005, 05:41 PM
We just got off the phone with my mom's friend.

She said that her husband went yesterday after work and put her on "hold" - she will be on hold for them until Thursday, the H.S. is closed tomorrow.

Today they went, took her out, walked her around and such. They spoke with the volunteers and got to know everything about her.

Besides being hit by a car previously, she has some sort of skin disease. My mother's friend will be calling around to different vets (including ours) about this skin disease to see whether or not it's something they'll be needing to pay an arm and a leg for down the road.

I did however find her on petfinder. :D
Isn't she adorable!?
http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/FL185/FL185.3968514-1-x.jpg
She's just TOO cute and my mom was so surprised that she was as old as she is. Her butt wiggled as much as her tail when we met her.

Lucy (http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3968514&adTarget=468doggeneral&SessionID=420012792f8a219c-app5&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=)
"SPIN" stands for Special Pet In Need... i'm hoping my mother's friends have what Lucy needs! :D

*edit* I just talk to my mom some more.
My mom also said that her friend (So I don't have to refer to them as "her friend" anymore, the wife's name is Kim and the husband is Steve. :) ) Anyways, my mom said that Kim went out and bought a bunch of things today for Lucy. I'm hoping and hoping that the skin condition isn't an expensive one that they have to pay an arm and a leg each month to treat it (although it doesn't look like it, as I didn't see anything on Lucy's skin at all) and that Lucy becomes theirs!

My mom said that Kim told her that when she walked into the shelter, Lucy was laying in her bed. She called her name and she just got up and pranced right over, and Kim said that Lucy stole her right then. :p :D

cyber-sibes
02-01-2005, 06:44 PM
You must feel pretty good about how it's going- this is turning out to be such a happy story! I hope Kim & Steve get to take Lucy home soon. Maybe you can check in on Zone once in a while so you know he goes to a good home, too!

Vette
02-01-2005, 07:04 PM
I showed my mom the picture of Beagle girl and she said "oh how cute! she looks kinda like Goofy!"

forgive my mom. she has a weird imagination. LOL

Cincy'sMom
02-01-2005, 08:02 PM
She is adorable!!! I hope it works out...sounds like the poor girl deserves and wonderful home!

micki76
02-01-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Vette
I showed my mom the picture of Beagle girl and she said "oh how cute! she looks kinda like Goofy!"

forgive my mom. she has a weird imagination. LOL

After reading that, I looked at Lucy's pic again. Your mom is RIGHT! :p :)

Good news, Kay!!! I hope, I hope, I hope this works out! Sounds like they're sold if they already bought stuff for her! :D