PDA

View Full Version : abandoned!

I Love My Aussie
03-09-2001, 02:57 PM
A neighbor of mine brought their gerbils over and gave them to my bro to give to me. He was not thinking and took them. I can not adopt 5 more animals. There were 2 adults and 3 babies. There were 5 babies but I could tell atleast one of them had been eaten because there was a big mass of fur on the bottom of the cage. Other than that, they are all probably very healthy. They are looking for homes. The babies are about 7 weeks old. if you think you are willing to take one of them please e-mail me at [email protected]. The babies have their hind legs missing because tey had knawed of from starvation.

Thanx,
Rachel

------------------
*Get a Grip Get an Aussie*

HowieDawn
03-10-2001, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by I Love My Aussie:
The babies have their hind legs missing because tey had knawed of from starvation.

OH, that's awful. I am glad that you have taken them in (even though you don't have the room) You should be proud of yourself. Good luck on finding new homes for them

tatsxxx11
03-10-2001, 12:00 PM
Oh geeez. What kind of person could allow the little critters to starve and resort to self mutilatiion and cannibalism!!? You are so good to at least try and give them or find them a home. I know if I were anywhere near to you I would adopt one. Thank you for caring for them. I'm sickened and my heart breaks for those defenseless little creatures that were denied a happy, loving start in life!

horse_1987
03-14-2001, 06:21 PM
That is so upsetting http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif Its a good thing they are in your care now. I'd also take one if I lived closer. poor guys http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif

[This message has been edited by horse_1987 (edited March 14, 2001).]

bunbunbabie
03-29-2001, 03:23 PM
o my god you should put the ones with no legs to rest put them donw thats so sad poor things do whats best put them to sleep

I Love My Aussie
03-30-2001, 08:43 AM
The owner of the gerbils agreed to take them back to the pet shop. Hopefully they will all find good homes, most of the people around here dont care how they look.

------------------
*Get a Grip Get an Aussie*