PDA

View Full Version : ICQ help

slick
01-31-2005, 03:04 PM
I've been asked with a couple of Pet Talkers if I have ICQ and was even given the link to the BBQ room.

I won't put it on my work computer because only approved software can be loaded. However I spent some time last night trying to get it going on my home computer, which BTW, is an old "klunker" (HP Vectra PII). I went to the provided link and it asked me what name I wanted to use. I put in slickvic50 and it looked like it was going to allow me access but in fine print it said that I had to register.

Cutting this short, I thought I went though the whole register process and was even given an ICQ number. When I go to log on it keeps telling me write a short note to the "room administrator" or something like that. I did download and install the icq program but that didn't help matters.

Ask me about Citrix Metaframe and I can write you a book....ask me about chat software and I fall off the edge. :rolleyes: Can anyone help me?

jenfer
01-31-2005, 03:08 PM
i have icq, but i have no clue what you are talking about. :confused:

sorry. :p

Edwina's Secretary
01-31-2005, 03:26 PM
If you have an ICQ number you could try icqtogo.... from your homepage. That is what I do when I am not at home to get on ICQ....

I just installed it on my new laptop and had no problem. I do have some problems when trying to get to a chat room.

Randi
01-31-2005, 03:32 PM
Slick, you're on now!! So is Debbie. :D You just had to be invited, it's a Private Chatroom. Try again! Click on the Chat tab! ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-31-2005, 03:32 PM
Slick, it's a private chatroom so you have to be "approved." I don't quite understand it either because I was posting to the chatroom without being approved, but now I'm approved. When it comes up with that message, just say something like this is Slick, please approve me and I think you will get a message back saying you are approved. When you go to the link for the chatroom, there are "tabs" click on the "Welcome" tab and you'll see the other members.

You have registered for ICQ and I've already sent you a message (hope you don't mind but Randi gave me your number - told her not to give it to anyone else though) but now you have to register for the chatroom.

See you there! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-31-2005, 03:35 PM
Oh, and by the way, you're already approved because you're listed as one of the members. :D

slick
01-31-2005, 03:43 PM
**scratches head**
OK so again, where do I go????

Oh never mind....I'll find it. I'll try Sara's suggestion from here....

I feel like such a dork......:o :rolleyes: