PDA

View Full Version : You Know You're Getting Older......

dukedogsmom
01-31-2005, 02:37 PM
When this brings tears to your eyes
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Tasha%20and%20Tommy/Tommy%20and%20Tasha%209/tashatreat.jpg
This is K9soul's Tasha and today is her birthday. I saw this pic and my eyes got soggy. I swear, I'm getting so sappy in my older age. Does anyone else tear up at the smallest of things? Maybe it's premenopause?

slick
01-31-2005, 02:50 PM
I've always been that way. I'm so sappy it's really embarrassing sometimes. Like when I first met Sara at Gini's last year.....the waterworks started right away. Don't ever take me to a movie; I'll find something to cry about. I even cried during Shark Tale. :rolleyes:

I don't think it has anything to do with being older. I can't put my finger on it but it seems to me that Pet Talk people are more sensitive than those who don't have pets. When Pet Talk people hurt we REALLY hurt and it takes a long time to recover sometimes. Purrsonally, I don't see anything wrong with it; I just make do and carry kleenex with me wherever I go.

rg_girlca
01-31-2005, 03:08 PM
OMG I don't blame you for having tears in your eyes from seeing that picture. That is the sadest looking face I have ever seen on a dog. It almost looks like he has tears in his eyes too.

I am terrible for tearing up, have been that way for a long time. I can be switching channels on the t.v. and see a person crying and I will tear up. Don't know what the program is about or why that person is crying, but I get all teary eyed. There's been many times I am posting to a thread with tears streaming down my face. Too sensitive I guess.
I've been called a blubbering idiot by some people, but, hey, I can't help being the way I am. I'd rather be sensitive than cold-hearted like some people I know in my life.
I certainly keep the kleenex company in business that's for sure.

dukedogsmom
01-31-2005, 04:06 PM
But it wasn't because she looked sad. It was because I found such beauty in her. She has really touched my heart, somehow.

K9soul
01-31-2005, 11:38 PM
Aww {{HUGS}} to you Val. I tear up easily sometimes too, I did actually today when I saw that pic Kay posted of Zone the greyhound. I can't say why really, just it brought out such a strong emotion in me and tears come for me with strong emotion, whether happiness, sadness, anger, thankfulness. It's just somehow an extra way of expressing a strong emotion other than words.

That is one of my very favorite pics of Tasha girl. Her face is lit up because I was telling her she was good and had a treat for her. She was sitting so prettily and focused on me completely :).

I know exactly what you mean but I don't think it's age so much, I think it's just an extra sensitivity and depth of emotion.

cloverfdx
02-01-2005, 05:51 AM
Aww that photo has got me all teary eyed aswell, what a gorgeous girl. I too dont think it is an age thing either, at 23 years old i can just look into Clovers eyes and start balling for no real reason (Except love) :o.

*Sigh*

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-01-2005, 06:30 AM
I must agree with you, Val! I have always been sentimental, but lately, even a happy picture makes me cry.... :rolleyes: . A while ago, somebody died in a soap, and I CRIED :eek: :eek:
Usually I hide under my quilt then, as I don't want anybody to see my tears :o :o

cookieluver7
02-01-2005, 07:30 AM
I can't blaim you for crying at that picture. I don't cry at a lot of things but that picture just made me..... *snif snif*;)

micki76
02-01-2005, 08:53 AM
Oh yeah, I'm a cryer too. Sometimes I really wish I wasn't, it embarrasses me so much sometimes. :o

slleipnir
02-01-2005, 01:58 PM
I do that a lot too, Val. I'm very emotional :o

It can be anything, happy, sad, or just for some reason..

Kfamr
02-01-2005, 02:12 PM
I don't think it has to do with age either.
I tear up all the time whilst looking at pictures.. or even just watching a show on TV.

Originally posted by K9soul
I tear up easily sometimes too, I did actually today when I saw that pic Kay posted of Zone the greyhound. I can't say why really, just it brought out such a strong emotion in me and tears come for me with strong emotion, whether happiness, sadness, anger, thankfulness. I

Try sitting there in person with his paw on your hand and his sweet Grey nose sticking out while he licks your other hand. :( Oh you don't even understand how badly I wish we could have brought him home.

PJ's Mom
02-04-2005, 11:34 PM
I just realized it tonight, but I have the same reaction when I see Jazzcat's Disney. :o

K9karen
02-05-2005, 01:19 AM
What a face! I'm always a wet soppy noodle, but this picture of the beautiful Birthday Girl did me in! I just love her to pieces! Oodles of hugs and kisses Tasha! Happy Birthday, pumpkin!