PDA

View Full Version : CJ's First Disappearing Act

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-31-2005, 02:19 PM
I know every home with a cat goes through this at least once, and our first time with Cracker Jack was Sunday. Terry and I were getting ready to leave early in the morning. I opened the cupboard to get a new can of wet cat food out (treats) and closed the cupboard door. Notice that the door was open for all of 3-5 seconds, just long enough to reach in, grab a can and pull hand out. So I dish out the wet food and start calling for Jack. He's nowhere to be found, no big deal and I take Peanut's upstairs to her. Terry sits down and eats breakfast while I continue to get ready. I come out, Terry is eating Cheerios and Jack is nowhere to be found. Odd since you've all see how he loves to eat breakfast with his daddy. I again continue to get ready and go up and check on Peanut and get a quick scan of the upstairs to see if Jack is up there - nope. Ok, getting close to leaving time and still no Jack. Take treat can and head downstairs, shake treat can - no Jack. Head back upstairs to the loft, check all possible hiding locations and call his name while shaking treat can - nothing. Look in bedroom closet, and under bed in both bedrooms - nothing. Terry in on search now and getting aggravated (for some reason it's always my fault when they can't be found :rolleyes: ). Nothing. F-i-n-a-l-l-y Terry is in the kitchen and hears a faint meow. Opens up treat cupboard and out saunters Jack! :rolleyes:

He was so quick and so silent I had no idea he had made it in there while I was getting treats out. I had even checked the Cheerio cabinet because I thought Terry might have left it open a bit too long (not unusual since sometimes he doesn't know how to close a cupboard door or drawer), but it never occurred to me to check the cupboard I was in since I was in and out so quick!

Silly Jack got his treats and Terry and I both left the house rolling our eyes. :rolleyes:

rg_girlca
01-31-2005, 02:37 PM
PHEW!!!! I'm glad that you found the little Houdini.

It is amazing how they get by us without us noticing.

Just the other day Poppy jumped into the bottom of the fridge as I went to get the milk for my tea. Didn't even see him go in there.
Thank goodness I had to put the milk back and out jumped Poppy.
Scared the living "H" out of me.

CJ, stay out of those cupboards!!!!!!!

Kristl
01-31-2005, 03:07 PM
When I was younger, the family was getting ready to go to Florida for vacation. My parents have a waterbed with drawers underneath. Well, after everyone was packed and ready, I couldn't find my RB kitty, Bridgett. We searched the house and were 5 minutes from leaving when my dad heard her...she was under the waterbed...she had gotten in when the drawers were out. Thank God we found her!

ramanth
01-31-2005, 03:51 PM
Zam's first dissapearing act was when she got in the fridge without me noticing. :eek: :rolleyes:

Talk about a panic attack because there are not many places to hide in that small apartment. :D

Silly Jack!

jazzcat
01-31-2005, 03:59 PM
Maybe he heard Cracker Jack and snacks are stored in the cabinet.:D

Wow, he's kind of magical to get in there that quick. You better keep your eye on that one.:)

Prairie Purrs
01-31-2005, 04:04 PM
My sister once had a kitten who got into the cabinet under the kitchen sink and found a hole that led into the next apartment! :eek: The lady who lived next door was no end of surprised when she arrived home and found a little tuxie cat sitting calmly in her living room. :D

catnapper
01-31-2005, 06:31 PM
:D Oh how well I know how fast kitties can be! But boy Jack, you must be feeling 100% fit in order to move so quickly! How is your tummy lately? Normal potty habits yet?

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-01-2005, 03:17 AM
Oh naughty Jack, don't do that to your meowmie....

Barbara
02-01-2005, 05:25 AM
Of course cats can make themselves invisible. This weekend we came home from walking in the snow. Siegmar was behind me and wanted to get out of his shoes in the staircase. I opened the door walked in and shut the door in front of Tigris' little curious nose. I would have sworn I saw him turning and going somewhere inside.

Next thing I hear is Siegmar from outside saying "Let us in". Him and Tigris that was. I couldn't believe it. I simply couldn't believe it:eek:

catmandu
02-01-2005, 08:44 AM
That can be scary,as Pouncer,once disappeared,in the Apartment,many years ago,and wasfound,in a Kitchen drawer,with the tea towls,crammed in there! If I hadnt heard her moan,she could have suffocated!Cracker Jack,sounds like a Lot,of Fun,and may have more suprises,for you!!:D :D ;) :p

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-01-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
:D Oh how well I know how fast kitties can be! But boy Jack, you must be feeling 100% fit in order to move so quickly! How is your tummy lately? Normal potty habits yet?

Thanks for asking, Kim. His poops are not 100% normal now, but are at least starting to have some shape to them. I've finally figured out how to get him to eat his medicine, so I'm hoping things start straightening out soon. I've discovered that he likes the gravy in Fancy Feast canned food. Not my first choice in cat foods, but if he eats it - and his medicine - who am I to argue at this point?

However, is "potty habits" have never slowed him down! He is such a goofy boy! This morning I was upstairs in the loft and he was there too, acting goofy. I headed down the stairs and he goes tearing down in front of me, leaps to the carpeting (across the tile) from the 3rd step up, and proceeds to go tearing around the couch and back into the dining room - a big circle! All this while I've progressed down only two more steps! He's so quick and so goofy. :D Terry wasn't home last night and I didn't get home until about 8:30 pm, so he didn't get much attention last night and this morning he was rarin' to go! :D Although.....that also means that he and Peanut got in a tussle since he wants to play and she wants nothing to do with his sort of play. :rolleyes: ;) :D

And yes, Gary, I can assure you that he has some surprises up his sleeve, just waiting for the right moment to spring them on us! :cool:

RICHARD
02-01-2005, 01:25 PM
Wait until he disappears right in front of your eyes.

He'll be sitting right at eye level and you won't see him at all.

Vio&Juni
02-01-2005, 03:18 PM
Wow! What a little magician!

I know it is when they just disappear! And you can swear you looked everywhere!