PDA

View Full Version : Scooter

nsweezie
01-31-2005, 02:01 PM
:(
My poor, sweet Scooter died sometime last night. I am in total shock right now and I can't stop crying.
Scooter didn't act like there was anything wrong, and he wasn't sick, so I am especially devestated by this. He was only 6...
I really need to share this with other people who will understand why I am so upset right now.
Scooter was cat of the day in 2001, and you can see his picture here
http://catoftheday.com/archive/2001/August/02.html
Please think of my poor sweet boy, I miss him so much

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-31-2005, 02:09 PM
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about Scooter. How devastating that he is healthy one day and gone the next!

RIP sweet Scooter. Your meowmy misses you dearly. :(

rg_girlca
01-31-2005, 02:16 PM
Oh gosh, I am so sorry for the unexpected death of your precious Scooter. What an adorable cat he was.
My heart goes out to you. (((((HUGS)))))

RIP dear Scooter.

slick
01-31-2005, 02:27 PM
OMG, my heart is breaking for you right now. RIP Sweet Scooter, God must have needed you at the Bridge for a special job.

{{{HUGS}}}

Corinna
01-31-2005, 02:29 PM
prayers and hugs.

jazzcat
01-31-2005, 02:38 PM
I'm so sorry. I'm sure you are shocked. (((HUGS)))

Rest in Peace sweet Scooter. You will be missed.

K9soul
01-31-2005, 02:48 PM
Oh my :( :(. I was in tears after reading your post, and looking at the photo and tribute for your beautiful cat, Scooter. What a shocking and tragic loss for you. I know your heart feels broken into a million pieces. You came to a good place to find understanding, many of us here know how devastating it is to lose a beloved furkid. I wish there were adequate words to ease your pain.

Rest in peace, beautiful Scooter. Play joyfully at the Rainbow Bridge, and wait for the day when you will be reunited once more with your beloved human.

Poo
01-31-2005, 03:03 PM
so sorry to hear about Scooter - RIP little man.:(

ratchet22
01-31-2005, 04:44 PM
((((((((((HUGS))))))))))) I am truly sorry for your loss, prayers to you and him

rest in peace little guy, till you and your meowmie meet again!

Kristl
01-31-2005, 07:00 PM
I am so sorry!! I wanted to tell you that my mom's cat, Mr. Kitty had the same thing happen. He was fine all night and then 1 hour later he went to the Rainbow Bridge. We have no idea what happened...but I told my mom that at least he was inside and not somewhere tomcatting. At least we didn't wonder where he went. It's so tragic, and I am terribly sorry!

catlover4ever
02-01-2005, 07:02 AM
I am so very sorry to hear about Scooter. It is always so shocking when they pass and we don't expect it. My Tony went the same way 6 years ago and I think about him every day.

Rest in Peace Sweet Scooter....until you are reunited with your family.

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-01-2005, 08:09 AM
I am so sorry.... this must be so hard to take...!! Do you have ANY idea what went wrong?
RIP, Scooter!!

catmandu
02-01-2005, 08:30 AM
The Found Cats,and I are shocked,at Scooters [passing,and you have come,to the right place,as many,of us,have lost Cats,that ,to all appearances,were fine! Cats,are very good,at masking pain,and discomfort,and a lot,of times,there are no indications,that anything,is wrong.Scooter,is now,in Disney World,with The Pet Talkers Pet Angels,and is having a dinner,in his honor,tonight,and he misses you,and wants you,to know,that you will meet agian,and be Friends,once more!

Killearn Kitties
02-01-2005, 09:06 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your beautiful Scooter. What a shock you must have had. :(

Rest in peace sweet Scooter.

nsweezie
02-01-2005, 01:16 PM
Thanks so much for the kind thoughts everyone, it really means so much to me right now that there are people out there who understand how sad I am right now.
I spoke to Scootie's vet today and he said without an autopsy there is no way to know why he died, but his guess is either a heart attack or stroke. Poor little guy. It is just so shocking because he was a young, healthy and active cat. We went through something like this last year with my sister's cat Monty, but Monty was 14.
Right now I am thankful for my other kits, as Freya never left my side last night. Somehow she knew that I needed to hear her purr, and she even licked my face when I was crying.
Louise

Logan
02-01-2005, 02:02 PM
Louise, I am so sorry to read this news. I know you are devastated as any of us would be. What a tragic loss for you. I'm glad you have your sweet Freya to console you.

Rest in peace, Scooter. :(

krazyaboutkatz
02-01-2005, 11:58 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Scooter's passing.:( RIP sweet Scooter and please take care Louise.

smokey the elder
02-02-2005, 08:27 AM
I'm so sorry about Scooter.

Medusa
02-04-2005, 06:34 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Scooter. It's never easy losing a pet but when it's totally unexpected, it's quite a shock. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are w/you and sweet Scooter.

Blessings,
Mary

CJN
03-02-2005, 12:21 AM
I am very sorry to hear about your Scooter. I know how you are feeling because on January 17, 2005, our beautiful little girl Guinevere, a British Shorthair, 4 years old and would have turned 5 on February 22nd, died very suddenly. We were just getting up for work -- she got up because she heard us -- the next thing we knew she was gone. An autopsy revealed she had Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy -- an inherited disease. She showed absolutely no signs of distress. We are absolutely devastated as you surely are with Scooter. We had her sister, Chantilly, tested by ultrasound and her condition seems fine. I suppose we just took it for granted that she/they would be with us for a long time as our two girls (not purebred) were with us for twenty years.

I am so sorry for you!!

orangemm
03-02-2005, 05:34 PM
I am so sad for you. What an awful shock. It's so hard when something like this happens and you don't know why.

Hugs...