PDA

View Full Version : Emerson has a growth...

Cookiebaker
01-31-2005, 12:35 PM
I took Emerson to the vet this morning for a "sore" on his paw that has been there for over 3 weeks. She took a look at it, and the bad news is that it isn't an injury. It's a growth. :( I have this ice block in the pit of my stomach right now. :(

She said that we are going to watch it *very* closely, and in about 6-8 weeks, we will know whether it's benign or malignant. Right now, it's not out-right obvious either way. She said that if we were going to worry about it, that she could do surgery on it now, but that if it is benign, it will go away by itself and it's better to leave it.

So please, please send good thoughts that this lump is nothing. I just love him so much, and it kills me inside to think something could happen to him. :eek:

Thanks!

p.s. I will take pictures when I get home later today. It's fun having him with me at work today, he's being such a good boy. :)

shais_mom
01-31-2005, 12:56 PM
prayers on the way for sweet Emmers!!!
that is awesome you can take him to work with you!

RobiLee
01-31-2005, 01:12 PM
Lots and lots of prayers on the way for Emerson. Try not to worry too much, mom. I'm sure everything is going to be ok.

Lots of hugs for you both....Robin :)

P.S. I love sweet Marigold in your siggy.

Albea
01-31-2005, 02:09 PM
Poor Emerson! I hope his boo boo goes away by itself and it's nothing serious. Thoughts and prayers going your way.

dukedogsmom
01-31-2005, 02:15 PM
Give Emerson a kiss on that paw for me. I hope it's nothing bad. You're so lucky to have your dog at work. I would be worried, too.

tatsxxx11
01-31-2005, 03:12 PM
Oh Emmers, don't go scaring us like that! We just have to believe that the "ouchie" is nothing serious. Sounds like you're feeling okeedokee, having fun with Mom at work:) That's a good sign!:) All paws and fingers crossed for a positive update in a few weeks! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Emmers! Love, Sandra, Cody and Star

My Peanuts
01-31-2005, 03:17 PM
Emerson is young, so it's probably nothing. Harley had a tumor on his head about 8 weeks ago. The vet gave us some steroid ointment and said if it goes away then it's not malignant. It went away and I can barely even tell where it was. We thought it was an injury too. The vet said it's common in young dogs. Stay positive. It might be what Harley had.

bckrazy
01-31-2005, 03:24 PM
I'm hoping it will go away, too. He is very young and healthy, so I'm sure he will recover fine :)

lute
01-31-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by My Peanuts
Emerson is young, so it's probably nothing.
that's what i think....get well soon Emerson!

chocolatepuppy
01-31-2005, 03:42 PM
Prayers on the way for Emerson. Hopefully it will be nothing serious.

ramanth
01-31-2005, 03:43 PM
Prayers that the lump is benign! *hugs*

LabradorLover
01-31-2005, 03:45 PM
I'm sorry to hear about Emerson. I hope he will be okay. Can he still walk on his paw?

Holly's mom
01-31-2005, 06:12 PM
Prayers coming your way for Emerson. It's good that you had it checked out, I hope it's nothing serious.:(

*LabLoverKEB*
01-31-2005, 06:18 PM
My prayers are on the way for sweet Mr. Emerson... I really hope it's nothing serious! Poor baby!:(

sabies
01-31-2005, 06:20 PM
Good thoughts heading your way Emerson - I hope it is benign!

cyber-sibes
01-31-2005, 06:22 PM
poor baby! Try not to worry too much - About six months ago I noticed a growth coming out of the edge of one of Star's paw pads, and the vet said we should just keep an eye on it, and she measured it. It was re-measured recently and it has gone down a bit. Sometimes these things take a little time....

Cookiebaker
01-31-2005, 07:09 PM
Thank you very much for the well wishes.

I just took a picture of his paw:
http://www2.innevi.com/~emenay/ouchie.JPG
The lump is actually quite a bit bigger than just the pink spot. The area I circled in red is all swollen.

Yes, it was so much FUN to have him at work today. By the afternoon he was totally comfortable. My coworker took him for a walk when she went down to get coffee at the gas station, which he loved. The only thing is, he wouldn't drink water for me the whole day. I think it's because the bowl was different than the one we have at home. Silly dawg!! :p

Kfamr
01-31-2005, 07:13 PM
Oh no! I just now saw this thread, Anna! :(

Like others said, Em is very young still. Hopefully it's nothing serious at all and it goes away without any harm done.

Hugs to the both of you.. and to Malone as well!

LuvGold00
01-31-2005, 07:31 PM
Sending TONS of warm wishes, good thoughts, and prayers your way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wolf_Q
01-31-2005, 07:42 PM
I hope everything will be ok with Emerson! Nebo had a growth too on his leg when he was a pup, it was removed and it wasn't anything serious.

GoldenRetrLuver
01-31-2005, 07:58 PM
Oh, poor Emerson! :( I hope it's nothing serious!

Sending you tons of hugs and get well wishes!

Glacier
01-31-2005, 08:03 PM
All paws crossed that it's nothing.

zippy-kat
01-31-2005, 08:13 PM
Aw. :(
Hopefully it's nothing and will take care of itself. I'll hold you guys in my thoughts and prayers during this "scary" time.

pitc9
01-31-2005, 10:13 PM
I hope everything turns out okay!!
Paws crossed and Prayers on the way to you both!!!

anna_66
01-31-2005, 10:18 PM
Anna, everyone here will be sending good thoughts Emersons way hoping that the growth is nothing to worry about.
{{{HUGS}}}Anna