PDA

View Full Version : Dear Peanut (from Mimi)

Logan
01-31-2005, 11:53 AM
I have found a new source of heat!!!! :) I was all curled up by this heater that my dad pulled out. He said that it was the first time ever to use it. I want to know "why"? He said it has been sitting in our garage for 2 years now. I think it is wonderful. I have been sitting upright next to every vent in this house and finally I have something that I can lie down beside and be toasty. :)

I curled up next to this heater all weekend. Too bad those humans of mine don't keep it going constantly. Of course, I had to stand up when my mom took my picture. :o

Love,
Mimi

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid156/pbfdb304b35731eb65b210b9d76e8eef6/f5466ca2.jpg

Barbara
01-31-2005, 01:23 PM
Mimi, how nice of your daddy to make sure that his girl is toasty warm:) Now it's winter and now it has to be:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-31-2005, 01:38 PM
Dear Mimi,

My daddy has the exact same heater! Except his is about 20 years old and doesn't look quite so nice. :o

I don't like sitting by it though, because he uses it to heat the garage in winter time, and I'm not too keen on being in the garage with him. My older brudder, Tubby, really loved it in the garage, and everytime I would get really brave and venture out there, he would chase me back in the house. The garage was his territory...and I was glad to let him have it. My new younger brudder, Cracker Jack, has now ventured out there a few times, but he gets bored and prefers to come back in the house to harrass me - brat! Daddy's heater is also quite smelly when he first lights it. Meowmy says it's the kar-o-seen that stinks, but I have no ide-ar what kar-o-seen is so I'm not sure about that one.

You look so comfy and cozy by your heater, although it looks like you have a real purty fireplace there too. Why do they light the heater and not the fireplace? Guess I'll never unnerstand them hoomans. Oh, and meowmy said to tell you that you look just like I do when I've been unjustly roused from a good nap. I hate that when the hoomans do that!

Toastily yours,
Peanut

Edwina's Secretary
01-31-2005, 01:43 PM
Mimi...

Is there anything nicer than a close encounter with a heat source on a cold winter evening????? (yes....even here in allegedly "sunny" California...the evenings can be cold!)

Yours looks so cozy too!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid156/p75f8775d232a646ba1ef9f9f2bb357db/f546313d.jpg

Warmly,

Edwina

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-31-2005, 01:50 PM
Oh Edwina, you look sooo comfy cozy! My daddy doesn't like lighting the fire because he says the furnace is so much more 'ficient, what does that mean? The only time he turns it on is when meowmy wants to take Christmas pics. Then she forces me to sit next to my brudder and I don't like it one bit, so I leave ASAP and don't get to enjoy the coziness.

Too bad meowmy doesn't know how to light the fireplace. Daddy's going to be gone tonight and if meowmy knew how to light it, I could send a comfy cozy picture like you and Mimi are sending. But last time meowmy lit it, Daddy "blew up" because meowmy didn't open the flue, so meowmy doesn't even attempt it anymore. What is a flue anyway, and why does it need to be opened?

Cozily yours,
Peanut

Edwina's Secretary
01-31-2005, 02:01 PM
Dear Peanut,

I understad it is important to open the flue so the house doesn't fill up with noxious fumes! But it is easy to do.... all you need is a flashlight. Look up and find the handle. Push or pull it. Hold the flashlight. If you can see up the chimney it is open..
Turn the nob and hold a loooonnnnggg match or lighter against the logs. Poof....

When you are done....turn the nob again. When the flames go out...close the flue....perhaps use a hotpad or else be prepared to learn more new words....

Observantly....

Edwina

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-31-2005, 02:07 PM
Thanks Mz Edwina. I will tell my meowmy this is how it's done. She says she tried that last tiime and somehow it didn't work, but the flashlight is a good idea and she'll have to try that....but not tonight in case it's not right again. She doesn't want to burn the house down while daddy's gone....athough if she's going to burn it down, that would be the perfect time to do it. ;) :D

Hopefully,
Peanut

PS - I usually learn all those new words from Daddy. ;) :D

Logan
01-31-2005, 02:39 PM
Dear Edwina and Peanut,

I am usually the first to be in front of that fireplace when it is burning. My mom says that there has to be wood to burn the fireplace and daddy didn't split any, so he chose the "easy" way instead. Go figure. My mom prefers the wood burning stove too, but either way, she is happy when that room gets warm. Just the furnace does not do it. She says it is because the ceiling is so high. All I care about is being warm and that new heater helped a lot!!!! :D

Mimi

catmandu
02-01-2005, 09:20 AM
There is a sale,on Baseboard Heaters,and I am going,to look,at them today,as the Mian Bedroom,can get a Little Chilly,and I might,if they,are not dear,put one,out for the Strays outside.although the temperatures,are more seasonal now! Maybe a Used Electric Blanket,from the Sally Ann.