PDA

View Full Version : Special Needs Kitty Adopted!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-31-2005, 10:18 AM
I'm so happy!!!

I was just replying to Georgie's thread when I found this out, so I thought I'd start a new one so as not to hijack Georgie's thread.

Last summer I went to a local shelter that only takes in injured and stray cats. Here's (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50944&highlight=sad) the link to that thread. If you read through it (somehow I always tend to write a novel :rolleyes: ) you'll see how I mention an orangie with paralzyed back end.

Well, I checked on him because I was going to post about him in Georgie's thread, and I found out he has been adopted!!!

Here's his write up and his picture
COMISKY-Adopted!

Comiskey is a very sweet and friendly 2 year old DSH orange tabby cat. Comiskey gets along well with other cats and is a sweet, curious, and playful companion. Comiskey was brought to Tree House with his back legs paralyzed after he was hit by a car. He has no control over his bowels and needs to have his bladder expressed. Comiskey doesn't let his special needs slow him down. We are confident he can live a long, happy, and healthy life in the right home.

As you can see by the description of his "special needs" it had to be one special person that adopted him! He seemed to be such a sweety when I saw him, and now he has a furrever home.

<sigh>I wish all injured and stray stories had an ending like this. :( :) :cool: :D

rg_girlca
01-31-2005, 10:47 AM
Oh what a sad story, but with such a happy ending. Yes debbie, it does take one special person to take care of a special needs cat.

I'm so happy he was adopted out, he is so adorable. :D

ratchet22
01-31-2005, 11:01 AM
how very cool. I really enjoyed reading all your past post regarding this story. What a remarkable place, I too wish I were closer to it, I would LOVE to volinteer. Texas is too far :(

jazzcat
01-31-2005, 11:04 AM
Aww what a gorgeous orangie. I'm so glad he now has his furever home.

Randi
01-31-2005, 11:28 AM
Debbie I remember Comiskey. How wonderful he found a loving family, I'm SO happy for him!! :D

ramanth
01-31-2005, 11:29 AM
YAY COMISKY! So happy to hear her found a new and loving home. :D

kuhio98
01-31-2005, 11:30 AM
I'm so happy for Comisky. Whoever adopted him is OUR kind people! How great for them to take this on -- We wish Comisky a long happy and healthy life.

catmandu
01-31-2005, 11:38 AM
Thank God,there is a Special Person,out there,for atht Very Special Cat,that most people,woul;d ignore,and The Found Cats MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEOOOOOOOW,For Comiskey,and His New Guardian.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-31-2005, 01:29 PM
Thanks so much everybody. It's amazing how many people are so happy about a cat that they don't even know getting adopted. Just goes to show what a great group of people we have here on PT. :D

QueenScoopalot
01-31-2005, 07:29 PM
Happy ending for the dear looking boy! Now if only more people opened their hearts to the specialness (is that a word :confused: ) of special needs kitties...I might have less lol! No wait....couldn't have that! :eek: :D :p Mine...all mine! :p

krazyaboutkatz
01-31-2005, 11:59 PM
This is fantastic news!!!:D I'm so glad that Comisky now has a forever loving home.:)